What the hell is going on with the Sharks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Sharks fans I'm sorry but this doesn't count as you have already been eliminated from the postseason.

It's okay, my team was eliminated after one game.

See you around the prospects thread.

Reactions: SabresSharks

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Sharks fans I'm sorry but this doesn't count as you have already been eliminated from the postseason.

It's okay, my team was eliminated after one game.

See you around the prospects thread.

At least you got one game. Seriously i wish for times to be that good

Reactions: DrJustice

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Who would of thought basing such a dumb concept on ONE game where they traveled across the country and played at "10 am" body time

The Wizz

Nov 3, 2015
Clearly they are headed to the absolute bottom of the league, with absolutely no hope of recovery this season, and I say this absolutely literally, and not because I am a Sabres fan and we absolutely have their 2019 1st pick.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
This is why threads about teams having to panic after. 1-2 or 0-3 start or Matthews winning the art ross (it could happen but he’s in his fourth game and has been world class but as McD hasn’t played a game in this continent yet) just 1 overall.....and remember last year Matthews has 12 pts and mcdavid had 3 at one point. All these threads are all ridiculous when early.. i mean didn’t the jets start 0-2 or 0-3 last year and people asked for Maurice’s head on a stick and a new GM as well?

Conversly the wings islanders and canucks were all a few games above .500 around halloween. Colorado jersey and Vegas were with them but we’re the only three surprising teams to hang on and have a good season.

I think by either USA thanksgiving or December first is when you hit that month you get a good idea and especially by Xmas break who can make the show and who had to go on a run and who can’t. Last year it was figured by then the oilers needed not only help from their division but it was figured they had to win 2 of 3 games the rest of the way and the Chances of that happening were slim to none this is why by January people knew the oilers were done.

Anyway it all goes back to what I said about teams playing well after a blowout or “bad loss”.

You never want to play a team after they get blown out now.

History says you want to play a team when there confidence is low and they just got blown out which is opposite to what I’m saying but not in todays game. Not at all look at this proof in just six days of the season With so much parity it’s usually the team that got embarazsed that comes back hungry and wins.

THIS YEAR alone:

Boston gets embarrassed 7-0 sand the next night beats buffalo 4-0 as Marchand gets four pts and they got a chance to change how they felt just 24 hours later to get the bad taste out of their mouth and they took advantage of it. Boston then goes on to win another over Ottawa 6-3 Saturday morning so that’a some momentum after being blown out with two wins in a row. That’s one example right? Well how about a four or five more? Yes in just 6 days.

Then,

Buffalo then after losing 4-0 to Boston in their opener plays the rangers next and beats them 3-1 to get the bad taste out of their mouth also and like Boston gained enough momentum to win two in a row after beating Vegas next game.

Then,

Toronto lost to ottAwa 5-3 Saturday night. So while that’s not a blowout it felt like one given the polar opposite directons the teams are going. So what happens next? The leafs win 7-6 over Chicago and like the two other Atlantic teams above win the i next two games over Dallas’s 7-4.

Then, finally....

The sharks lose 4-0 to the islanders and are embarrassed with a 1-2 record all that offence and not able to score against NYI. So you get the trend what happens? They come out and are up 5-1 after two on philly in their home opener. Safe to say they will win this game and like boston Buffalo and probably Toronto. Edit- And yes they did 8-2

Even the flames who lost their home opener to Vancouver felt the sting and came back with a 7-4 win and like every team above won their win t game 3-0 to Nashville.

So is all that just a coincidence? Doubt it.

It just happens over and over and over these days. I’ve noticed this the last couple years and wanted to say something about it, so now I am. I think in this day and age any team can beat any team especially if their hungrier. Lots of parity.

So look for the FLYERS now to follow the pattern and destroy their next one or two opponents.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
They were getting a bit overcoached and hadn't found a rhythm. They'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad