What the HELL is going on with Henrik Lundqvist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
2 weeks doesn't fix an entire season.

He is about 1-2 good games away from having stats comparable with many of his earlier seasons.

By the end of the year, he very reasonably could be back up to above .920 and below 2.40 if he keeps this up.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
He is about 1-2 good games away from having stats comparable with many of his earlier seasons.

By the end of the year, he very reasonably could be back up to above .920 and below 2.40 if he keeps this up.
"IF"--> the biggest word in the English language despite being only 2 letters long. As for stats, stats are like bikinis. You see a lot, but you don't see everything.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Its a nice platitude. I don't even disagree with you. But remember, this isn't the first year Lundqvist struggled. He had that year that he was letting a bunch of goals in from behind the net, that year where when he wasn't shutting out the opposition he was letting 4+ goals in, ect.

When it comes down to it, if we are to consider this Lundqvist's worst year ever, the stats at the end are going to indicate why he is considered the league's most consistent.

Guys like Quick, Miller, Thomas, when they have a bad year the sv% drops to practically below .900 for the whole season.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
2 weeks doesn't fix an entire season.

He's been elite in January, and he had a couple of stinkers in November but had a .925 save % as a whole.

His December was godawful.

Frankly put, even this ****** season, given how great he's been in January, Hank has had more good games than bad ones.

He's had more good months this season than bad ones.

Love HFNYR overreactions.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
False, incl. last. I suggest we get back to this when facts are available. If Lundqvist comes back from Sochi w/o injury and Talbot will back him up in playoffs (not the other way), then you will have me eat the crow of your choice.

Why would you feel validated if Lundqvist gets injured at the Olympics? What does that prove?

And you really think there's a chance that Hank is the backup in the playoffs? Good lord.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
He's been elite in January, and he had a couple of stinkers in November but had a .925 save % as a whole.

His December was godawful.

Frankly put, even this ****** season, given how great he's been in January, Hank has had more good games than bad ones.

He's had more good months this season than bad ones.

Love HFNYR overreactions.
It is not an overreaction. In most of his games this season, he has been outplayed by the opposing netmider.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
It is not an overreaction. In most of his games this season, he has been outplayed by the opposing netmider.

The NY Rangers have, by a significant portion, the worst shooting percentage in the league as a team. I think Florida may be close, but that's it.

So that may simply say more about the team taking the shots than who is the better netminder.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
The NY Rangers have, by a significant portion, the worst shooting percentage in the league as a team. I think Florida may be close, but that's it.

So that may simply say more about the team taking the shots than who is the better netminder.

To me, bad shot percentage is : Bad places to pick to shoot that don't generate scoring opportunity. For this team at least. Sure they run into some hot goalies sometimes, but mostly I think it's cause our guys suck at shooting and can't finish as well as other teams. :laugh:

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
So much Lundqvist hate lol

The guy is one of the best players Ive had the pleasure of watching. I dont know where the hate comes from. How does this board constantly drool over players like Zuccarello and Kreider, and then hate on Lundqvist?

The Rangers have been pretty fortunate as an organization when it comes to their goaltending. Some of these folks need to experience a huge question mark in net to truly appreciate what Lundqvist has given them.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
The guy is one of the best players Ive had the pleasure of watching. I dont know where the hate comes from. How does this board constantly drool over players like Zuccarello and Kreider, and then hate on Lundqvist?

The Rangers have been pretty fortunate as an organization when it comes to their goaltending. Some of these folks need to experience a huge question mark in net to truly appreciate what Lundqvist has given them.

I look at Philly and cringe regarding goalies. I look at Edmonton and vomit at goaltending there.... You're correct... Hank is awesome and really doesn't deserve the unwarranted hate around here. Criticism fine, hate no.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Why would you feel validated if Lundqvist gets injured at the Olympics? What does that prove?

And you really think there's a chance that Hank is the backup in the playoffs? Good lord.

There's no bigger supporter of The Bot than me, but anyone who thinks he'll be starting over Lundqvist in the playoffs is smoking something really good.

Clausewitz

Dec 20, 2013
He's been playing excellently for a while. His demeanor and frequent smiling suggest confidence and comfort. I don't see a reason to expect regression.

Radek27

May 19, 2004
NJ

This is hockeysfuture forum, Hank is on the wrong side of 30 and there is a younger new toy in Talbot. There are many posters here just obsessed with younger players who feel anyone above 27 years old is on the decline and should be moved out for draft picks/prospects.

Check the post game thread posts here if you don't believe me, after a loss there are many more posters posting so they can display their tank agenda compared to cheering after wins.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Yeah, I'm torn between finding it hilarious and detestable. But most people are of limited intelligence, so I guess I shouldn't find it surprising.

I found it detestable to begin with but now it's kind of amusing.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
This is hockeysfuture forum, Hank is on the wrong side of 30 and there is a younger new toy in Talbot. There are many posters here just obsessed with younger players who feel anyone above 27 years old is on the decline and should be moved out for draft picks/prospects.

Check the post game thread posts here if you don't believe me, after a loss there are many more posters posting so they can display their tank agenda compared to cheering after wins.

I wish I could, but I find the game threads and the post-game threads to be a cesspool of knee-jerk idiocy.

94now

May 24, 2004
Snow Belt, USA

That how Hank got back from Torino games. I expect his decline in March-April, hence the chance. Lundqvist may win Vezina next season, but this one is a wreck. My only point is that it could have been by design.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
That how Hank got back from Torino games. I expect his decline in March-April, hence the chance. Lundqvist may win Vezina next season, but this one is a wreck. My only point is that it could have been by design.

Thanks for clarifying. Its as nonsensical as I originally thought.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

Wow. Unreal that people can actually conceive opinions like this. :help:

Heningway

Dec 5, 2013
white CASTLE rock

The stupidity of your reasoning when it comes to Hank and the Olympics in this thread is unparalleled. How can you even think that an Olympic medal would mean more to him than a SC, especially when he's already got one!

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey

I was thinking the other day, what happens if the Rangers face the Canadiens at some point in the playoffs? Would Talbot get all games in Montreal? It's just that Lundqvist really is that bad in Montreal for unknown reasons.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I was thinking the other day, what happens if the Rangers face the Canadiens at some point in the playoffs? Would Talbot get all games in Montreal? It's just that Lundqvist really is that bad in Montreal for unknown reasons.

Did you win the lottery or something? You know those commercials "What would you think about if....?"

Because thats a wild thing to think about. When has rotating goaltender in the playoffs ever worked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia