What teams don't have a captain and who do you think gets named captain next?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Not tryna be snarky im just wondering, how is Lias Andersson expected to be a captian when he hasnt even done anything in the league? Like is he even a NHL regular yet? Ive never heard of a guy being looked at as the future captain before solidifying a roster spot. I get it with McDavid or Matthews but not a 8th overall pick who isnt a franchise talent. Sorry im just comfused. Was he always the captain on teams that he played for growing up?

He gets the mythical intangibles attached to him. It's why some thought he was better than Pettersson when he didn't have anywhere near the same level of talent.

I don't see him being captain. He probably won't be any better than a middle six guy, and not many teams name those types of players the captain.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Yeah its bull**** Goalie's can't be the captain, even on paper. Because it would definitely be Lundqvist. No one else really deserves and the guys who figure to be here long term are still way too young.
Agreed. I’ve never fully understood why the rule exists against goalie captains. Even if he isn’t playing that night he is still there on the bench to talk to the refs, or someone with an A could talk to the refs if it’s an emotional call, and if he is injured you just rock 3 A’s like if any other Captain is injuried.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Zibanejad feels right to me. I think he should be the captain.

I would give it to somebody on our board before I give it to Marc f***ing Staal.

there's 11 other teams without captains? sorry little confused lol
Only 11 teams have had a captain longer than the Leafs have not had a captain.

Reactions: BuckNashty

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Vegas - Schmidt or Stone
Toronto - Reilly
Detroit - Larkin
Ottawa - Tkachuk (Just because how f***ing fun would that be on HF?)
New York - Zibanejad
Carolina - Williams
Sharks - Couture
Vancouver - Horvat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad