What teams do have the best chances to suck in 2022-23 season?

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Rangers could be without Zibanejad and Strome. Unless they make a move or re-sign those players, they will not have a top 6 center. I don't see Chytil filling that role. If the rookies don't take a step forward, we could be seeing Panarin and Fox struggle with nobody to help them. There's also a chance some overpayment trade is made for toughness. I doubt they drop that far, but I can see a step back any of this occurs.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Columbus is in prime position to suck at the perfect time.

So we’ll screw that up.

JD and Jarmo will work some magic through free agency and trades to make this team the 8th/9th best team in the Eastern conference for the next 2 years. The CBJ will just miss the playoffs next year and just make them in 22-23.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Rangers could be without Zibanejad and Strome. Unless they make a move or re-sign those players, they will not have a top 6 center. I don't see Chytil filling that role. If the rookies don't take a step forward, we could be seeing Panarin and Fox struggle with nobody to help them. There's also a chance some overpayment trade is made for toughness. I doubt they drop that far, but I can see a step back any of this occurs.

Rangers have a ton of cap space. If Zib and/or Strome are traded, players will be added to take their place. Who, I have no idea. I think it's going to be an active and interesting summer for the Rangers.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Buffalo. Already terrible and seems like Eichel, Reinhart and Risto will force their way out. They’re likely to be extremely bad for years.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Would love nothing more than to see Buffalo get some of these incredible prospects. Nobody is more deserving of dynasty then that fan base

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Gio wasn't even all the good this year, so his cap hit is more valuable than he is. And it's pretty bold to assume we aren't having Gaudreau. From all accounts he wants to stay (unless you are just reading Eric Francis garbage)
From all accounts such as what?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
The words that have come out of Gaudreau's own mouth?
Where has he said he's going to sign in Calgary? You do know that players say "I like it here" every year and then leave, yes?

What do you expect him to do?

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Where has he said he's going to sign in Calgary? You do know that players say "I like it here" every year and then leave, yes?

What do you expect him to do?

You are literally the poster who said to take away Gaudreau in UFA. Gaudreau both of the last two years has gone out of his way to insist he'd like to stay here, but I guess your hunch should carry more weight?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
You are literally the poster who said to take away Gaudreau in UFA. Gaudreau both of the last two years has gone out of his way to insist he'd like to stay here, but I guess your hunch should carry more weight?
And actual insiders say otherwise.

A bad team with no real good prospects, absolutely no good C for him to play with, and a guy who has mentioned he'd like to play in the States?

Yeah, hes gone next season.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
And actual insiders say otherwise.

A bad team with no real good prospects, absolutely no good C for him to play with, and a guy who has mentioned he'd like to play in the States?

Yeah, hes gone next season.

"Actual insiders" meaning who? Name a single credible source for this and prove you aren't a troll. Also he's never once said he wanted to play "in the States".

It's absolutely laughable in instances this this where people act like the rumours they've read on the internet from people with zero connections are more credible than the words coming straight out of the player's own mouth.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The Flyers if they don't re-sign Couturier and Giroux and keep Vigneault around. They'll be as bad as last years Red Wings.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Buffalo, Detroit, San Jose, Seattle, Arizona, Minnesota, Nashville are some candidates I'd look to. I wouldn't rule out Pittsburgh, Washington, NYI, New Jersey, Florida, Vancouver, Montreal, Anaheim, Calgary either.

You named half the league so there’s a good chance you’ll be correct

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
It's gonna be the Penguins isn't it? Some franchises seem to have a knack for timing.

Obviously I could say half the league but I think San Jose will be pretty bad. I kinda hope Montreal got one of those gems, but I feel like they're gonna find a way to stay mediocre and not suck out right.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Buffalo, Detroit, San Jose, Seattle, Arizona, Minnesota, Nashville are some candidates I'd look to. I wouldn't rule out Pittsburgh, Washington, NYI, New Jersey, Florida, Vancouver, Montreal, Anaheim, Calgary either.

Yeah, but then you can't forget teams like Boston, NYR, Philadelphia, Carolina, Chicago, Columbus, Dallas, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Colorado, Los Angeles, Vegas, Edmonton, Ottawa, Toronto, Winnipeg either.

Reactions: alexgreeen and abo9

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Yeah, but then you can't forget teams like Boston, NYR, Philadelphia, Carolina, Chicago, Columbus, Dallas, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Colorado, Los Angeles, Vegas, Edmonton, Ottawa, Toronto, Winnipeg either.

I mean, if Tampa loses Kucherov Stamkos Hedman and then Vasi is injured and other guys taking a step backward they might be really bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad