What teams do have the best chances to suck in 2022-23 season?

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I think Seattle should be a good candidate. Unless they luck out to the insane degree that Vegas did where every cap dump and bottom 6er turned their career around, I think they're best suited to take as many cap dumps for draft picks as possible, with the emphasis on picks being 2023 picks. All it takes is for one faux contender to have the bottom fall out (ex SJ acquiring EK65) and Seattle could have an additional ticket to the lottery.

Captain Clutch

May 2, 2012
Detroit will still be bad
Arizona has a terrible owner and will continue to suck
Buffalo is a basket case and likely to lose Eichel
Philadelphia has drafted poorly and its core is getting old.

Reactions: KristichBabych

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Could see Chicago being pretty bad. Toews and Kane in their mid 30s, Keith gone, Murphy older.
625.jpg

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Hopefully two Canadian teams finish last.

The best two players of this generation McDavid and Matthews helping the game grow in Canada, and hopefully Wright, Michkov and Bedard can do the same or at least one or two of them.

I can't imagine a talent like Michkov or Bedard wasting their lives in about 20 of the teams in the NHL. Artists like them deserve a city like a Montreal or Hockey obsessed cities.

Reactions: Dominance

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Detroit will still be bad
Arizona has a terrible owner and will continue to suck
Buffalo is a basket case and likely to lose Eichel
Philadelphia has drafted poorly and its core is getting old.
If Sabres can get a huge haul for Eichel and then Draft Shane Wright after getting Benier this year....
Sign me up!

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
San Jose seems like the favorite to me.

Columbus has a lot of question marks surrounding their top 3 players, so they're a bit of a wild card.

I'd like to see Detroit in the mix for Bedard, but they'll be adding some significant talents over the next two years.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Buffalo, Detroit, San Jose, Seattle, Arizona, Minnesota, Nashville are some candidates I'd look to. I wouldn't rule out Pittsburgh, Washington, NYI, New Jersey, Florida, Vancouver, Montreal, Anaheim, Calgary either.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
detroit won’t be bottom 10 in 2 years

They could easily be bottom ten, but I wouldn't bet on bottom five.

Say they won the Wright sweepstakes, a Detroit team with Seider/Wright/Raymond/2021 1st would be much better than the current trash we ice. Even Lambert or Savoie, but I dunno how NHL ready either would be right out of the gate.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Don't know who's going to stink the most but don't keep your hopes up too high Penguins getting that 1OA in two years just watch.

Reactions: goforit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->