What teams do have the best chances to suck in 2022-23 season?

mratch19

Jul 27, 2010
Vancouver
Zegras is a winger in the NHL, so I don't think he'll be able to lift the offense up enough. But, if they land Beniers in the draft, then they become a duo that could lift the Ducks out of the bottom spot.

But, those other young forwards like Comtois, Steel, Jones, Lundestrom, Groulx, Terry, etc. need to step up to give them middle 6 scoring punch.

Well, Zegras started this season as a winger, yes, but they switched him to center in San Diego and he has been center ever since, looking like an absolute natural... Id be surprised if we see that change because he's been good.. Ducks fans can attest to that I'm sure.

PumpkinBomb

Jul 22, 2020
Wow 21 reply’s before the Ducks are included.

They have a better “shot” than most of the first group outside of their west coast rivals in San Jose and Seattle.
Any Dallas Eakins coached team has a greater shot at 32nd than 26th place.

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
Hopefully two Canadian teams finish last.

The best two players of this generation McDavid and Matthews helping the game grow in Canada, and hopefully Wright, Michkov and Bedard can do the same or at least one or two of them.

I can't imagine a talent like Michkov or Bedard wasting their lives in about 20 of the teams in the NHL. Artists like them deserve a city like a Montreal or Hockey obsessed cities.
Whew! I though you were gonna be an arrogant prick about your location vs others. Glad I was wrong.

Reactions: JohanFranzenstein

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
San Jose Sharks
Chicago Blackhawks
Vancouver Canucks
Austin Sabres
New Jersey Devils
Arizona Coyotes
Calgary Flames
Seattle Kraken

One of those eight

Also possible: Florida if they lose Barkov, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Detroit, Anaheim, Washington, Islanders

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
San Jose Sharks
Chicago Blackhawks
Vancouver Canucks
Austin Sabres
New Jersey Devils
Arizona Coyotes
Calgary Flames
Seattle Kraken

One of those eight

Also possible: Florida if they lose Barkov, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Detroit, Anaheim, Washington, Islanders
Doesn’t this just show how impossible it is to predict what happens in 2 seasons? Two off seasons for teams to make moves. Peoples jobs are on the line if their team don’t make the playoffs.

Reactions: abo9 and Favin

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
It won't be the Flames unless they trade everyone. Since Sutter took over they are 2nd in the league in preventing scoring chances and 8th in creating scoring chances. Literally everyone of our forward except Lindholm had career low years and we still finished around 20th. Remember in 2019 when every player had a career year and they won the Western Conference? The next year they fell to around the 10-12th best team. This year is the opposite. The Flames will regress to the mean which is about the tenth best team in the league.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
That’s the year to really tank if a team is going to do it.

2 best forwards since McDavid in the same draft is crazy. Michkov and Bedard are two of the most remarkable 15 and 16 year old hockey players I’ve seen in a loooong time.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
To see this many mentions of Vancouver is surprising. Wright has a long shot chance of landing in van, but almost 0 chance for Bedard. ... Vancouver is a mediocre team not a basement one in normal times.

Buffalo is going to be in the running for Wright, Michkov or Bedard. So will Arizona. These two fan bases deserve better, but their franchises don't. I think the Kings has bottomed out, they should make a play for Eichel in fact. Anaheim... Possible, but I think Zegras/Drysdale/Gibson lifts them out of bottom 5. Hischier and Hughes will break out next year in NJ, Detroit will see a huge contribution from Seider Bertuzzi and Vrana on offense. Ottawa can't be that bad for that long right?

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
If somehow Jimbo is still in Van, we absolutely have a shot to get these guys. A capped out lottery team is what we’ve been for the better part of his tenure.
To see this many mentions of Vancouver is surprising. Wright has a long shot chance of landing in van, but almost 0 chance for Bedard. ... Vancouver is a mediocre team not a basement one in normal times.

Buffalo is going to be in the running for Wright, Michkov or Bedard. So will Arizona. These two fan bases deserve better, but their franchises don't. I think the Kings has bottomed out, they should make a play for Eichel in fact. Anaheim... Possible, but I think Zegras/Drysdale/Gibson lifts them out of bottom 5. Hischier and Hughes will break out next year in NJ, Detroit will see a huge contribution from Seider Bertuzzi and Vrana on offense. Ottawa can't be that bad for that long right?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
It won't be the Flames unless they trade everyone. Since Sutter took over they are 2nd in the league in preventing scoring chances and 8th in creating scoring chances. Literally everyone of our forward except Lindholm had career low years and we still finished around 20th. Remember in 2019 when every player had a career year and they won the Western Conference? The next year they fell to around the 10-12th best team. This year is the opposite. The Flames will regress to the mean which is about the tenth best team in the league.
They won the conference from Gio/Gaudreau having massive years.

Take away both Gio (retirement) and Gaudreau UFA and there's not much left to like...

jiggsawpuzzle35

May 7, 2007
The 949
The Ducks and Kings will be back in the playoff picture for the 2022-2023 season. Ducks will probably stink next season but not as bad as this season. Hoping for another lottery pick next season. They’ll have plenty of cap space to make a run at some high end free agents in 2022. This team won’t suck during the 2022-2023 season.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Montreal Canadiens are gonne be up there...
Weber Retiring
Price likelly gone to LTIR with his injury story
Petry getting older, same for Gallagher
No real offensive weapons outside of Caufield-Suzuki-KK

Wouldn't surprise me to see the Habs be terrible in 2022 and 2023

Reactions: Saxon

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Doesn’t this just show how impossible it is to predict what happens in 2 seasons? Two off seasons for teams to make moves. Peoples jobs are on the line if their team don’t make the playoffs.
Very hard to predict. Cannot remember who said it...but teams get good fast and get bad just as fast.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Fitz said during his exit press conference that the Decils are wanting / hoping that one or more of Holtz / Foote / Mercer take the next step and play some games next year. I take that as still being patient and sticking to the rebuild.... aka - still sucking .
Two seasons from now they might be contending for a wild card spot. I still think they are three years away from being a playoff team. Whe Will Butcher , Tennyson , Carrick are all part of your D , you know there is going to be some serious suckage going on.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Jenik will save Arizona, he has potential to be top line center and he is already goal per game player.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Anaheim... please...

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Zegras is a winger in the NHL, so I don't think he'll be able to lift the offense up enough. But, if they land Beniers in the draft, then they become a duo that could lift the Ducks out of the bottom spot.

But, those other young forwards like Comtois, Steel, Jones, Lundestrom, Groulx, Terry, etc. need to step up to give them middle 6 scoring punch.

Highly doubt that Beniers is already making a significant impact in 22-23.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
They won the conference from Gio/Gaudreau having massive years.

Take away both Gio (retirement) and Gaudreau UFA and there's not much left to like...

Gio wasn't even all the good this year, so his cap hit is more valuable than he is. And it's pretty bold to assume we aren't having Gaudreau. From all accounts he wants to stay (unless you are just reading Eric Francis garbage)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->