What Stupid Or Unreasonable Thing Do You Want To See In Hockey/NHL?

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Live or dead rats? Live ones thrown on the ice would be real interesting.
Every team's fans should be allowed to throw the occasional rat on the ice.. Although Edmonton and Calgary would be at a distinct disadvantage as we don't have any rats in the province.
I don't encourage the death of animals typically, so I would prefer plastic mice. But hey, whatever works... live mice wouldn't be alive after hitting the ice, so I think that method would be pretty messy

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
The NHL draft plays out like the real draft, every male above 18 in North America and Europe has to register and lotteries are drawn in reverse order of standings every year. The previous year's players can return to their regular lives after the cup is awarded.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Duels.

If one player feels wronged by another, the aggrieved player can skate up to the offending player, slap that player in the face with a glove (would love to see this :D) and challenge them to a duel.
Both players would then proceed to center ice, stand back to back, and then skate 25 paces with a puck on their sticks and then turn and fire their puck at the opposing player. Honor satisfied.
What happens if a player misses and the puck goes in the net?

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Cup champs pick first overall in the draft. Go down from there.

End tanking once and for all

Reactions: Oddbob

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
No coaches on the bench and a clear dome over the ice like bubble hockey. I'd like the players to rely more on instinct and less on systems and the bubble would cut down on stoppages.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The plot of space jam but on ice. Yes Michael Jordan and Bill Murray should be included. Shut your filthy mouth if you disagree to any part of this.
In accordance with the bolded, I am hereby declaring your mouth to be my property and will now endeavor to subsequently shut it. :nod: ;)

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
In accordance with the bolded, I am hereby declaring your mouth to be my property and will now endeavor to subsequently shut it. :nod: ;)

It would be amazing and you know it. Those aliens were the cutest things before the roids.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
No helmets... It was downright stupid but little was known about concussions back then.

Carl Hagelin could get hair products advertising money.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Plexiglass helmets.

Easier to see who is who of the players if we can see their hair.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Honestly, more player feuds like the Kesler-Johansen thing. It’s entertaining and makes you want to tune into those games.

As much as I dislike watching basketball, the NBA has really mastered the off-court product and made it entertaining. The NHL needs to follow suit instead of making everything so damn vanilla. It’s a contact sport for christ’s sake. Stop trying to squash every ounce of passion...

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Offsides older than 20 seconds in game-time can't be challenged. They are only ancient history.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I don't miss fighting but I miss bench brawls. Those were just fun to watch and great for the game. The players who didn't want to fight usually found someone else to just spin around with with and kill time.

Reactions: bigtim1988

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad