What Stupid Or Unreasonable Thing Do You Want To See In Hockey/NHL?

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Ideas I had:
Every 10 years you merge 2 teams and they play 20 games in both "home" locations, 8 teams make the playoffs
Gold medal winning teams get to send up to 4 teams next tournament that don't play each other until the finals
You fine boring players for giving the same old answers after games
Interesting and funny players can earn an extra 5% per year based on their post game/twitter/facebook/instagram comments

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Hits to the head Scott Stevens style.

It's irrational and I don't really want to see players get hurt and I'm glad we're protecting the players. But as a fan and someone who grew up in an era where that side of the game was encouraged there are times I miss some of the real nastiness hockey used to have.

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
Two teams teaming up to win champsionships/tank for top picks and swap roles every 5-10 years, lopsided trades galore, 2 cap spaces, and then 3 teams get together to beat the two teams and it keeps compounding until its basically just the all stars of the west vs east and then teams start sabotaging and hiring spies and infilitrate other teams plans until Canada finally builds a wall and makes their own mega team and that's how world war 3 started everybody.

Austy

Nov 15, 2012
i like the behind the scenes GM stuff about player trades, evaluations, hirings and firings. Maybe there are cameras rolling during the season for every team, they keep all that footage secret. Then in the offseason all the footage is released so it gives us something to mull on during the summer.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I think they should place an open broadcast mic on both benches during the game. That would add color to the games. Nothing like a little reality TV. Leave the refs mics on too.

Edit: forgot about the penalty boxes. That should be real interesting.

29Potvins

Jul 17, 2012
Home-team goalie gets 1 "cluster-puck" usage per month or season, whereby, at the goalie's discretion, 20-30 pucks can be shot outward from a contraption located inside the net.
Best uses: ruin breakaways, or just to cause chaos on the ice for a couple of minutes.

Macbanan

Dec 28, 2013
Uppsala, Sweden
Teams can sell draft picks for points.

Picks can be sold for goals in the playoff. First round pick is 3 goals, second is 2 goals, third is 1 goal.

If you voluntarily play shorthanded for 2 minutes you can have 6 skaters on for 2 minutes later.

Reactions: TychoFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad