Music: What single artist most drastically affected your taste in music?

Jacques The Mayor

Aug 29, 2011
wastings mn
Is this a joke? They are considered three of the best instrumentalists in music today. Just look at the documentary about them and how many other musicians they influenced. As for albums sold and touring power again OLP can't even hold Rush's lunch bag.

If anything, OLP is an average band at best who has done nothing of note in a long time.

You must be from Canada

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
my uncle gave me a copy of Alkaline Trio - From Here to Infirmary when i was 12.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I remember seeing Propagandhi play at Ozzies in '92, I think. Chris taped a beer can to his junk, and then played "Hallie Sallasse up your Arse", the place was almost stunned. Then they ripped into Hate, Myth, Muscle, Etiquette. I was sold after that. GWAR was always fun too and Bungle made some unique albums.

I miss Dave Brockie.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
I hadn't listened to any hip-hop on my own (heard some songs at dances) until I listened to Eminem/50 Cent for the first time. Now they're two of my favourite artists of all time. When I was even younger than that I only listened to country music, until my dad bought me Billy Talents first album. Completely got me into rock

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
My whole taste is based on getting an Iron Maiden CD when I was a kid, so that.

After that, Immortal opened up the vast world of extreme metal to me.

My answer looks like this, except that I'm so damn old my Maiden albums were on cassette.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad