What Sid and Geno really need.....

yuri28

Jan 16, 2012
I really can't understand the reasoning behind putting both Perron and Horny with Sid when you have another superstar center at your disposition.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I really can't understand the reasoning behind putting both Perron and Horny with Sid when you have another superstar center at your disposition.

Because a) Crosby being the #1 center should have the two best wingers on his line, and b) Kunitz isn't a top line caliber player anymore.

It can't always be about fairness. Crosby is #1, Malkin is #2.

yuri28

Jan 16, 2012
Because a) Crosby being the #1 center should have the two best wingers on his line, and b) Kunitz isn't a top line caliber player anymore.

It can't always be about fairness. Crosby is #1, Malkin is #2.

Wait, at Chicago, does Toew have both Kane and Hossa in his line?
I'm tired of people putting Pens's results in jeopardy just to satisfy Sid.
Oh and since the beginning of last POs, Crosby has been anything but our #1 center.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I'm tired of people putting Pens's results in jeopardy just to satisfy Sid.
Oh and since the beginning of last POs, Crosby has been anything but our #1 center.

In that case, you should be screaming for the Penguins to play him with Perron and Hornqvist, otherwise Kunitz will always be glued to him.

And remind me, which center had the best winger on his line from 2011 to 2014?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

Because Hornqvist plays better with Sid than he does with Geno. And because BB and Comeau play better with Geno than they do with Sid. Its not as fair, but we really only have 2 sure-fire top 6 wings. And the best of the other options both play better with Geno than with Sid.

yuri28

Jan 16, 2012
In that case, you should be screaming for the Penguins to play him with Perron and Hornqvist, otherwise Kunitz will always be glued to him.

And remind me, which center had the best winger on his line from 2011 to 2014?

Let me ask you this: why not have those following lines?

Bennett - Crosby - Perron/Horny
Kunitz - Malkin - Perron/Horny

It would make our team much more balanced

yuri28

Jan 16, 2012
Because Hornqvist plays better with Sid than he does with Geno. And because BB and Comeau play better with Geno than they do with Sid. Its not as fair, but we really only have 2 sure-fire top 6 wings. And the best of the other options both play better with Geno than with Sid.

That's bull****e, considering how many times those combinations have been tried.
Oh and don't overrate the Malkin-Bennett combination, they've not produced that much, quite the contrary actually.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Let me ask you this: why not have those following lines?

Bennett - Crosby - Perron/Horny
Kunitz - Malkin - Perron/Horny

It would make our team much more balanced

Because both Perron and Hornqvist are better fits with Crosby than Malkin. Having "balance" in the line-up doesn't mean jack if the styles between linemates don't mesh.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I mean... do what you want... but why are you guys even getting sucked into a dialogue with this guy?

We've seen this film a few hundred times. He's a player fan. Not a Penguins fan.

yuri28

Jan 16, 2012
Because both Perron and Hornqvist are better fits with Crosby than Malkin. Having "balance" in the line-up doesn't mean jack if the styles between linemates don't mesh.

How would you know, Malkin has hardly played with them except on PP....where he has looked more than fine with them those few times.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
But Conneau and Bennett are good with Malkin?
Remind me Malkin's production with Bennett, despite Malkin being in beast mode for most of this season??

Can you remind me of Malkin's production with Hornqvist?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
But Conneau and Bennett are good with Malkin?
Remind me Malkin's production with Bennett, despite Malkin being in beast mode for most of this season??

I disagree with you. And you are basing it purely on production, so I'm not going to argue with you. So again, I just disagree and we can leave it at that.

yuri28

Jan 16, 2012
I mean... do what you want... but why are you guys even getting sucked into a dialogue with this guy?

We've seen this film a few hundred times. He's a player fan. Not a Penguins fan.

That's quite rich, considering i'm answering to guys who "just" want to stuck our two best wingers (by far) with Crosby and leave the rest to our other superstar center who, by the way, has been playing better hockey than Crosby since the last POs, despite playing with much worse wingers and sometimes, not even being played as a center.

We're often talking about having balance in that team and not stucking all our talent in just one line....but that's exactly the contrary those guys i'm answering want.

yuri28

Jan 16, 2012
Can you remind me of Malkin's production with Hornqvist?

I'm busy doing the hard work again but someone in this board putted the stats to compare his production with Horny with Sid's production with Horny and they were very comparable.

yuri28

Jan 16, 2012
Malkin is probably my favorite player on the team, overall. But always taken within context of what makes the most sense for the entire team.

But yeah... he's one of "those."

I'm a Malkin fan like i was a Mario fan back, i'm not denying it.
But let's not act like some of people there are not themselves big Sid fans, sometimes even putting their love for him above the team's sake.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I'm not sure what you are watching, But Malkin has largely played just fine, this season. More than fine. And has more than "made do" with his linemates. He clearly isn't the one that needs help out of the two. And besides which... the plan (based on the lineups we've seen with Malkin out and from what MJ has said) seems to be Horns on Malkin's RW, anyway. So you are not only attempting to create a narrative that doesn't exist but also getting your panties twisted over something that is already looking like it's going to go your way, regardless.

So... nice job?

yuri28

Jan 16, 2012
I'm not sure what you are watching, But Malkin has largely played just fine, this season. More than fine. And has more than "made do" with his linemates. He clearly isn't the one that needs help out of the two. And besides which... the plan (based on the lineups we've seen with Malkin out and from what MJ has said) seems to be Horns on Malkin's RW, anyway. So you are not only attempting to create a narrative that doesn't exist but also getting your panties twisted over something that is already looking like it's going to go your way, regardless.

So... nice job?

Yeah but you're just forgetting a huge detail: his line's production has clearly not been up to his play.....and there aren't 1 million things to blame for it apart his wingers.

catnip

Jan 5, 2015
To be fair, quite a few people on this board didn't want Hornqvist even tried with Malkin after they'd seen him with Crosby. And it's the same thing now with Perron.

Nothing wrong with wanting Crosby to have the best wingers, btw. Like someone upthread said, this is his team and Malkin's a second-liner for a reason. I just think the "not a good fit" narrative is a bit suspect when the players in question haven't played a single shift together.

Last edited:

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I'm a Malkin fan like i was a Mario fan back, i'm not denying it.
But let's not act like some of people there are not themselves big Sid fans, sometimes even putting their love for him above the team's sake.

Well being that Crosby is the best player on the team, I would say it's pretty important to put him in the best position to succeed. What a strange concept. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad