Speculation: What should the Habs do this offseason?

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
So a LD of Kulak - Mete and Folin is the best D in the league. Can you stop trolling now?
Doesn’t matter what is on what side when you have Erik Karlsson and Shea Weber.
Kulak is more than capable of playing with Karlsson and Mete is fine with Weber. Folin is a great 3rd LD. You can’t look at it the way you just did.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Kulak-Karlsson
Mete-Weber
Folin-Benn

Price

This is THE best defense in the whole league. And we are probably one of the only teams in the league that can afford him. He’s gonna cost us 12 million x 7 years.
i mean if you can trade Petry for a mid first round and sign Karlsson you obviously do it but Get Benn out of there, put Juulsen a natural RHD, Mete with karlsson and worst case scenario Kulak with Weber but try to replace him Asap.

Mete - Karlsson
Kulak - Weber
Folin - juulsen

Draft one a foward with let's say floridas 1st round and one of Heinola, Broberg, York with ours!

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
i mean if you can trade Petry for a mid first round and sign Karlsson you obviously do it but Get Benn out of there, put Juulsen a natural RHD, Mete with karlsson and worst case scenario Kulak with Weber but try to replace him Asap.
Juulsen is not ready to play in the NHL. Benn is more than fine on a 3rd pairing, those 2 first pairings are going to eat up almost all the minutes. I think Kulak-Karlsson would be a sick 1st pair.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Juulsen is not ready to play in the NHL. Benn is more than fine on a 3rd pairing, those 2 first pairings are going to eat up almost all the minutes. I think Kulak-Karlsson would be a sick 1st pair.

i'd take Juulsen on the third pair everyday of the week over Benn, he's plenty ready for the NHL if he's healthy. Juulsen back in laval will only soak Minutes to Fleury and Brook.

Reactions: blarneylad

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
i'd take Juulsen on the third pair everyday of the week over Benn.
Juulsen is nowhere near ready, he needs a full year in Laval after that injury. Benn is better right now and will excel in a reduced role. We can win the cup next season.

Reactions: Vachon23

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Juulsen is nowhere near ready, he needs a full year in Laval after that injury. Benn is better right now and will excel in a reduced role. We can win the cup next season.
it's an eye injury, it's likely he's ready to play OR not. The league does not matter. we've already Juulsen be able to handle the NHL, just control his time and he's fine.

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
it's an eye injury, it's likely he's ready to play OR not. The league does not matter. we've already Juulsen be able to handle the NHL, just control his time and he's fine.
He’s not ready for the cup in my opinion, Benn is. Small details anyways, the first two pairings will play 50+ minutes.

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019

Mete - Karlsson
Kulak - Weber
Folin - juulsen

Draft one a foward with let's say floridas 1st round and one of Heinola, Broberg, York with ours!
Kulak is better than Mete, he should be playing with Karlsson, just a way better fit IMO. Karlsson controls the puck most of the time anyways.

Mete is better suited with Weber, because Mete could rush the puck up the ice. And cover for Weber with his super speed.

I don’t see the logic in displacing Benn from the 3rd, he was fantastic there overall this season. He’s ready to win a cup. Juulsen needs to learn to play under Bouchard for a year.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Kulak is better than Mete, he should be playing with Karlsson, just a way better fit IMO. Karlsson controls the puck most of the time anyways.

Mete is better suited with Weber, because Mete could rush the puck up the ice. And cover for Weber with his super speed.

I don’t see the logic in displacing Benn from the 3rd, he was fantastic there overall this season. He’s ready to win a cup. Juulsen needs to learn to play under Bouchard for a year.

Kulak is better than Mete?!?! in what world? ok i'm done arguing. just got my answer and it's pointless.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

BeastMode420

Jan 30, 2018
They won't do what his necessary to win a cup .... They haven't done that for the past 25 years

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
Kulak is better than Mete?!?! in what world? ok i'm done arguing. just got my answer and it's pointless.
Kulak is a good player, so is Mete. Karlsson is a PMD, so is Mete, you don’t put those two together when Weber needs a PMD. Kulak has better offensive skills than Mete and not far behind defensively. Kulak put up nice numbers this season, not sure what your knock on him is. He was a pleasant surprise imo. Kulak-Karlsson would be the best 1st pairing in the league imo.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Kulak is a good player, so is Mete. Karlsson is a PMD, so is Mete, you don’t put those two together when Weber needs a PMD. Kulak has better offensive skills than Mete and not far behind defensively. Kulak put up nice numbers this season, not sure what your knock on him is. He was a pleasant surprise imo. Kulak-Karlsson would be the best 1st pairing in the league imo.
q3iCWqE.jpg

Reactions: bsl

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Sign Anders Lee and Kevin Hayes.

Both can play and would balance out the size issue.

If we have to trade a vet for picks to make room, Byron is #1 on my list. Drouin is next, just because I think his trade value is extremely low now. He only has points in 2 of his last 23 games - at the most important time of the year. Yikes.

Shaw may also be able to fetch a good return if we're able to really load up in the UFA market.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
They should get rid of some older players for futures. Get with the program, the youngsters are our only hope, let's build around them.

Astormynight

Apr 19, 2015
Yeah let's trade everyone for a 1 st and a prospet... I can't wait to trade Kotkaniemi for a 1st and a prospect.. who knows? we could get a player as good as Kotkaniemi with the first or the prospect!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad