Speculation: What should the Habs do this offseason?

EquabaleAce

Nov 8, 2003
Calgary
Match? He is not restricted or anything. Nice contract. Emergence of Sanheim as pmd plus Provorov and Myers might make him redundant.
I would dangle Drouin. The allure that he may be more with their talent up front and his decent salary might pique fletchers interest

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
We need a top 4 LD if we plan on competing for anything with our 2 star/elite veterans. Forward with size and scoring ability in the top 6 couldn't hurt either.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
We need a top 4 LD if we plan on competing for anything with our 2 star/elite veterans. Forward with size and scoring ability in the top 6 couldn't hurt either.

Since Weber came back (November 27th), we have the 5th best GA and 16th best GF.
We need goal scoring more than defense

Reactions: Lolonegoal

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Upgrade over Mete

Trade drouin for kreider

Sign ufa ala Panarin or Duchene

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Since Weber came back (November 27th), we have the 5th best GA and 16th best GF.
We need goal scoring more than defense

So since Weber has been back our production has gone up (an example of elite D helping our production on both ends) and you think adding another left handed PMD won't help the offense?
If we can make a hockey trade around Drouin+ , I'd be all for it...

There's a reason why we don't produce like the teams with Markov did , mobile puck moving D are essential to starting the transition while also anchoring the PP. Although I will say it's not realistic to expect a trade for a young Markov clone but we can find someone that fits. Romanov is at least 1-2 seasons away from attempting to make the team and Brook is a RD.

Reactions: Vachon23

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Trade Drouin for Samuel Girard + a second
Sign Ferland 6 years at 4.5M$
Sign Armia ,Lekhonen ,Weal ,Kulak Frolan and Benn.

Ferland-Domi-Shaw
Tatar-Daneau-Gally
Byron-Kotka-Armia
Lekhonen-Poehling-Weal
Deslauriers

Girard-Weber
Mete-Petry
Kulak -Frolin
Benn-Juulsen

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
So since Weber has been back our production has gone up and you think adding another left handed PMD won't help the offense?
If we can make a hockey trade around Drouin+ , I'd be all for it...

Our offensive production is average, whereas our defensive game with Price in the net is pretty good.
We lost a lot of games in the past couple of months because we couldn't score more than 2 goals.

Unless we're talking about an elite offensive defenseman, a forward helps the offense more than a defenseman.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I would try to sign ander lee and jeff skinner. After that im trading or jo drouin for a LD like samuel girard. Skinner/ Domi / Shaw. 2. Lee / kotkaniemi / Gallagher. 3. Tatar / danault / armia 4. Byron /thompson /weal. 1. Mete / weber. 2. Girard / petry

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Won't happen BC MB will still be in charge... But what needs to has to happen is that we pick a direction a commit to it, all-in.

Try to contend asap (as in 2-3 yrs, which means any prospect/youth not named Kotka is on the table) or we take a rebuild approach to build a more sustainable long-term contending window on a 3-5yr horizon (which means any NHL asset not seen to be a core piece in 3 yrs from now is on the table & this coming summer & season are all about pick/prospect accumulation).

I prefer the latter, but I do think both are realistically achievable.

We just need to stop this BS reactionary middle ground approach

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Won't happen BC MB will still be in charge... But what needs to has to happen is that we pick a direction a commit to it, all-in.

Try to contend asap (as in 2-3 yrs, which means any prospect/youth not named Kotka is on the table) or we take a rebuild approach to build a more sustainable long-term contending window on a 3-5yr horizon (which means any NHL asset not seen to be a core piece in 3 yrs from now is on the table & this coming summer & season are all about pick/prospect accumulation).

I prefer the latter, but I do think both are realistically achievable.

We just need to stop this BS reactionary middle ground approach
Agree. Chose a path.

If we could get Karlsson or Panarin then we know which path it should be.

Reactions: Edgy

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
I'm down to resign Thompson, Weal and Benn tbh

also lol @ Montreal signing kreider. can you imagine

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
You simply cannot let Mete be the only guy in the top 4 LHD again. Gardiner isn't the greatest dman, but I would love to get him on a 4 year deal. Ya he is prone to some terrible giveaways, but he is a smooth skating PMD who actually provides offense. I doubt we would use the cap space on anything in the next 4 years anyways.

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019

I admire your tenacity, my friend. I'm afraid Karlsson will be signing in the US.

"We're his best chance." :biglaugh:
Kulak-Karlsson
Mete-Weber
Folin-Benn

Price

This is THE best defense in the whole league. And we are probably one of the only teams in the league that can afford him. He’s gonna cost us 12 million x 7 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad