What should the Canadiens do with the captaincy

AnotherHabsFan

Behind Enemy Lines
Jan 16, 2015
New Hampshire
Markov has been with us for so long and has never really been seriously considered. What ever happened to older guys being captains? I'm not saying it SHOULD be Markov, but somebody older.

Markov leads by example but he's not very vocal. He certainly could be up for captaincy but I think the organization wants someone younger who's going to be here for a while. Markov will be gone in 2 years.

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008
Subban wearing the C will piss off Pacioretty.

Pacioretty wearing the C will motivate Subban.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Why the **** not?

When are captains not allowed to be human beings, who celebrate with their teammates?

I never said they are not allowed im just saying they dont do it because true Captains dont have time to kiss people on the ice.

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008
subban.0.jpg

Krautso

Nov 30, 2007
Subban, quite easily. The only player on the roster who can elevate his play defensively, offensively, physically, you name it. Kids a multi tool player who is well spoken and takes his place as a member of the CH seriously.

Plus that $9mil contract is more pressure than the captaincy and he's shown he doesn't wilt under it.

How he's perceived in the room is hard to say but hes going to be here a long time and has many prime years ahead of him.

Clear choice.

feds91

May 17, 2004
Easily Carey Price

By far our best player, by far our best leader. If not him then Patches I guess. I've met Subban, a few of my friends met Subban, he's too immature and people will not follow him. I think he should keep the "A".

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
You guys want to know why Subban should be the captain and not Pacioretty?

One thinks it was a great season, the other thinks anything other than the cup is unacceptable. There's your answer.

Talk is cheap.

A Captain needs to lead by action, not by cliches.

If anyone, it should be Gallagher for his effort.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Why is it assumed that Pacioretty is a crybaby?

Because people are dumb enough to think he came up to the journalists to talk about his injury.

Journalist: "Max, you had an injury against Florida at the end of the season, was it a concussion?"

Pacioretty: "Yeah, it was a concussion. At first the symptoms were pretty intense..."

HF: "WHAT A ****ING WHINER! DOUCHETARD! SUBBAN DESERVES THE C! WHY DOESN'T PACIORETTY PLAY LIKE GALLAGHER?!"

... anybody who played a minimum of hockey and understands every single player has his own style won't understand. I'll say I'll take the guy who scored 37 goals in 80 games, and added 5 in 11 games in the playoffs on a ridiculously bad offense with the style of game he plays.

"HE SHOULD PLAY IN FRONT OF THE NET AND GRIND FOR GOALS!"... nope. I'd much rather him sniping them in from the high-slot.

You guys should go ask Malhotra and Parenteau who they think should be captain next season.

Subban for captain :laugh: I can already see this board after 3 games when he gets a costly penalty at the end of the 3rd in a close game.

Most people here would still be in their bed sucking their mommy's ******* if they had a concussion like Pacioretty had...

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Thats not Subbans problem..

also those 5 points

3 of them came in the 6-2 win and 1 goal in the 3-1 loss

Hell, if you want to slice it that close, look at Subban's playoff totals.

8 points in 12 games.

THREE of those were secondary assists (remember, they didnt count for DD here ;))

So PK only had 5 points in 12 games. Only one goal.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Hell, if you want to slice it that close, look at Subban's playoff totals.

8 points in 12 games.

THREE of those were secondary assists (remember, they didnt count for DD here ;))

So PK only had 5 points in 12 games. Only one goal.
No **** that a DEFENSEMAN would get secondary assists. :laugh:

Come on man. Jesus Christ this is embarrassing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad