What should the Canadiens do with the captaincy

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
You guys want to know why Subban should be the captain and not Pacioretty?

One thinks it was a great season, the other thinks anything other than the cup is unacceptable. There's your answer.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013

One thinks it was a great season, the other thinks anything other than the cup is unacceptable. There's your answer.

Subban is facing adversity eye to eye: Leader

Pacioretty is looking on the ground: Does not deserve an A

punk255

Mar 15, 2014
From the last season and PO:

1) PK
Very good players and have a leader minding but not always give the best ethics or discipline example
-> stay with the A

2) Pacioretty
Another good player but not really a big leader and sometime not really visible in PO or regular season game. Also dont bring enough physical game effort a la Gallagher. He could be a better physical player with his size
-> stay with the A

3) Plekanec
Good regular season player but lower average PO players. Not a leader
-> stay with the A for respect but do he really deserve it ?

4) Markov
Same as Plekanec

5) Gallagher
Have all quality to be a captain but have to wait a little bit because he's to young

-> So for me no captain again for next season

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
you can't have no captain two complete seasons.

I'll go with Pacioretty for a safe bet.

I'd be happy with Subban, Pacioretty and Gallagher
Not with Plekanec/Markov

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

This is overly simplistic, but it's exactly how I see it.

Pacioretty learned straight from Gionta.

Subban is the spiritual heir to Maurice Richard.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
This is overly simplistic, but it's exactly how I see it.

Pacioretty learned straight from Gionta.

Subban is the spiritual heir to Maurice Richard.

Nicely put man

Subban will be a HoF and his chances to see his jersey retired are real

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Pacioretty talks and acts like he wants the C.

Subban talks and acts like he wants to lead.

Subban is the real leader here.

TravisF

Jul 11, 2011
www.artbreak.com
For me it is Subban as the Captain, my 2nd choice would be Gallagher. P.K. is a true superstar that elevates his game in big games....usually. Gallagher is the hardest working player on the team, and was the best of the Canadiens players in the playoffs this year.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I really hate this campaign by Pacioretty. He's coming off like a teenager trying to be named captain of his football team. Unprofesionnal, if you ask me. Meanwhile Subban and the rest are saying all the right things.

I'm actually pretty sure Pacioretty is going to be the captain, and I'll be disgusted.

Subban 26 points in 30 games, Pacioretty is third in scoring with 16, one point before Eller and two before Plekanec who most would say is a wuss.

Pacioretty comes out with excuses and the whole "we had a great year" thingy, Subban comes in (Like Price.) and he goes with the "We didn't do enough, I didn't do enough, I must be better."

Where's the "I must be better" from Pacioretty ? Because he's been an absolute turd for three straight playoffs. Thats 30 games.

IDGAF about injuries, everybody nurses an injury in the PO's. Have you seen Gallagher ?

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I've always said Pacioretty will be captain and is more in the prototypical mold of a captain, but he's trying too hard. Sounds fake, almost.

The real leader on this team is and will always be Price. The best leader among skaters is and will always be Subban. My only concern with giving the C to Subban is putting even more pressure on his shoulders. There's plenty of hyenas out there ready to jump at his throat for the stupidest things that giving him the C on top of it really is asking for trouble, but... He's the only legit captain on this team.

Gallagher, again, isn't a leader. He's a sparkplug. Let it go.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
It will be Pacioretty because they like his squeaky cla image but Gallagher would be the guy for me.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I said in this very thread that I would wait for the playoffs to declare who I think should be captain, at the time, based on his season I had Pacioretty as my man but with a meh playoffs (which seems to be a pattern with him if you add last year and the olympics) and his yes man answers. PK is my man.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'd go Subban Markov Plekanec Gallagher Pacioretty

Just strip the guy Lecavalier style. Make him realize his performances of floating like hell need to be done. Ridiculous.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
I've always said Pacioretty will be captain and is more in the prototypical mold of a captain, but he's trying too hard. Sounds fake, almost.

The real leader on this team is and will always be Price. The best leader among skaters is and will always be Subban. My only concern with giving the C to Subban is putting even more pressure on his shoulders. There's plenty of hyenas out there ready to jump at his throat for the stupidest things that giving him the C on top of it really is asking for trouble, but... He's the only legit captain on this team.

Gallagher, again, isn't a leader. He's a sparkplug. Let it go.

Pressure is Subbans first name.

That should be the least of our concerns

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Pressure is Subbans first name.

That should be the least of our concerns

Pressure can get to anyone. Subban's plate is already full. Does he need more hassle with the media?

The benefit of naming Pacioretty captain, media wise, is that it keeps everyone quiet. It doesn't take away from PK the ability to lead the team.

Turtleneck Plek

Real Life
Mar 23, 2008
Montreal
Pacioretty talks and acts like he wants the C.

Subban talks and acts like he wants to lead.

Subban is the real leader here.

This x 1000. Patches reminds me of Cammalleri when he was blatantly campaigning to get the C. Subban just tells it like it is, and he steps it up when it really matters. Clear choice to me, but if MT has his way Patches will probably have the C in October.

Analyzer*

Subban A
Pacioretty A
Gallagher A

Price is the leader and everyone knows it.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Pressure can get to anyone. Subban's plate is already full. Does he need more hassle with the media?

The benefit of naming Pacioretty captain, media wise, is that it keeps everyone quiet. It doesn't take away from PK the ability to lead the team.

Pacioretty mumbles 3/4 of the words he speaks and always looks unhappy and tired.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Pacioretty mumbles 3/4 of the words he speaks and always looks unhappy and tired.

I know. I'm on the fence. At first, I wanted Subban, then Pacioretty, now in between. No doubt in my mind Subban is a better leader. I'm just afraid the pressure cooker that is Montréal will get to him eventually. He already has a huge target on his back, bigger than anyone else's. Is it necessary to make it even bigger?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad