What should the Canadiens do with the captaincy

oohhkev

Jun 26, 2006
i really believe that if the decision on who to name captain isnt a clear cut choice it's perfectly ok not to force it.

the undisputed leader of the group is price. he can't be named captain for administrative and logistical reasons, fine. we had 4 assistants this year and saw an incredible level of bonding and brotherhood amongst all players (at least publicly).

unless there were political and aspirational motivations behind the constant group hugs and everything was a prelude to the eventual choosing of the captain, i would say why rock the boat, stick to 3-4 As and be done with it. for the record, i would go with patches, subban, gally and pleks for a veteran presence. strip markov of the A, it's not like he gives a **** about it anyways..

evermix*

Throughout the entire season the majority wanted Pacioretty, now the majority wants Subban, and a significant minority want Gallagher. Since there's no undisputed choice for captain, go with 4 A's again.

Pacioretty's comments are fine, realistically, it was a good season for a team that overachieved. Everyone knows Montreal is not a contender, they got destroyed by a much better Tampa Bay team this year 9-2.

Plekaturtlenec

Jan 11, 2014
Toronto
I was 100% down for Pacioretty a few months ago but after the playoffs I'm 100% against it.

For me it's either Subban, Gallagher, or Price.

Subban - Heart of a lion, faces adversity head on, as passionate as anyone in the league. I feel like Subban would thrive with the C.

Gallagher - Leads by example, he's fearless and is always the hardest working guy on the ice. I know it's silly but I feel like if Gally was a bit taller he'd be a shoe-in for captain.

Price - I'm not typically a fan of giving goalies the "C", but Price is everything to this team.

Pacioretty is the "safe" bet, but he just doesn't have the fire inside him that I would want from a captain. We don't need another Gionta.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Plekanec,Markov,Subban and Pacioretty don't deserve to be captain yet. May I kindly suggest that we give the C temporarily to David Desharnais? This would be a transitional year until we find the new captain.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00