Player Discussion What roster changes would you like to see for next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
That would be disappointing. I like Bear and all the potential Bruins/Bear nicknames and corny jokes that could be used, but the Bruins don’t need another undersized puck moving defenseman. We need some size, some nasty. Like Nurse :thumbu:
His name should never be used for marketing purposes. It is beyond insulting.

Reactions: Over the volcano

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Um. U may or may not know this, but Bouchard is projected to be a top pairing d man

Now I am bias being an oiler fan. But I do not see Debrusk playing in our top 3 and if we are trading Bouchard we will be looking for a player to play in our top 3
He should be a good one for sure. The problem is, the Oilers either have assets that are worth too much to exchange for DeBrusk or assets that have little value that would do nothing for the Bruins. DeBrusk had a down year, but he should be good for 20 goals a season and that is if his game doesn't elevate at all. The Bruins can protect him and see if he bounces back next season. No need to sell low.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Thought so regarding Klefbom. I didn't know if there was any new news regarding his health. The problem with Bear is that he needs to be protected. McAvoy and Carlo are locks. The Bruins would have to think Bear is worth protecting over Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Zboril, and Clifton, and I'm not sure they would. In my opinion, protecting 3 RD and leaving Grzelcyk and Lauzon exposed (top 4 LD) wouldn't be the right move since Bear on the 3rd pairing is a luxury.
Agreed on all points. U don’t wanna lose a player for sure

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
someone had a good point earlier, a 3 team trade. I can see 3 team trades happening more with the flat cap
I’m very curious on what Hall will resign for in Boston. He liked it there.. it’s funny, every time u mention a UFA , the Toronto media says the player is going there. Pretty soon , UFA’s will not wanna go to Toronto at all. They run players outta town. It’s a terrible place to play

Depends on the player. Some guys thrive in the spotlight, some don't. Some like going out and getting recognized everywhere, some don't.

Toronto will always be a desirable place to play for many players. Honestly if I was a player, outside of the Bruins obviously, the Leafs might be next on my list of organization's I'd love to play for, but that's just me. That or some team down south cause I hate snow.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I meant more little harmless name jokes by fans, do you think Pastrnak is insulted by fans involving Pasta with his name?
A lot different in this case especially given what happened after their series and what is happening in Canada.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
I'd check in on OEL and Eichel but I doubt that Sweeney would want to take on the money plus....deal ahem..."prospects" for them.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Depends on the player. Some guys thrive in the spotlight, some don't. Some like going out and getting recognized everywhere, some don't.

Toronto will always be a desirable place to play for many players. Honestly if I was a player, outside of the Bruins obviously, the Leafs might be next on my list of organization's I'd love to play for, but that's just me. That or some team down south cause I hate snow.

I despise winter. I live in Atlantic Canada. I can actually see no Canadian team ever win cup again. Our tax rate is too high and it’s too hard being an Oiler fan competing with TB , California, or Vegas. It’s a fish bowl when u play in Canada. It’s a religion and some players can’t handle the scrutiny. Look at Stamkos a few years ago. Toronto media had him penciled in coming to Toronto as a UFA. He stayed in TB. Basically he said he can walk around in TB and people leave him alone. Not like that in Toronto

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
A lot different in this case especially given what happened after their series and what is happening in Canada.
Yes I understand that, but Bruins fans harmlessly relating his last name to an actual Bear isn’t really on the level of sending racists insults to him or reminding him of mass graves.

Didn’t really want to get into that, not sure why it had to be brought up.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I would look at packaging Carlo + DeBrusk + whatever they want for Seth Jones.

That might work on some value chart, but if I hire you as GM of Columbus tomorrow, you making that trade?

IMO if Jones moves, he's going for another stud, like Eichel, for example. With some other pieces. There aren't too many Mike O'Connels left in the NHL that will trade away quarters for a few nickels and a dime. And make no mistake, Jake DeBrusk is a nickel.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I despise winter. I live in Atlantic Canada. I can actually see no Canadian team ever win cup again. Our tax rate is too high and it’s too hard being an Oiler fan competing with TB , California, or Vegas. It’s a fish bowl when u play in Canada. It’s a religion and some players can’t handle the scrutiny. Look at Stamkos a few years ago. Toronto media had him penciled in coming to Toronto as a UFA. He stayed in TB. Basically he said he can walk around in TB and people leave him alone. Not like that in Toronto

Let's face it, there are players in the NHL, born in Canada, with modified no-trade lists that include all 7 Canadian teams.

The tax rate doesn't help, at all.

Winnipeg and Edmonton are known for cold and dark winters. Vancouver is nice but expensive and get a lot of rain I'm told. Montreal will always have the language issue rightly or wrongly.

But Calgary is a beautiful city, I lived there briefly (had to leave to take a job offer elsewhere) but I could of stayed there and loved it. As a player it would be right up there for me. Too bad they are mismanaged and have refused to do a full rebuild.

Ottawa I found to be very nice, I lived an hour south for almost 2 years many moons ago. But putting that rink all the way out in Kanata was a huge, huge blunder, I cannot stress that enough.

Reactions: bbfan419

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
That might work on some value chart, but if I hire you as GM of Columbus tomorrow, you making that trade?

IMO if Jones moves, he's going for another stud, like Eichel, for example. With some other pieces. There aren't too many Mike O'Connels left in the NHL that will trade away quarters for a few nickels and a dime. And make no mistake, Jake DeBrusk is a nickel.

This. Jones is the type of player you dont move unless its for an Eichel level return

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
When did I suggest that?
You said "I’m surprised he’s not already selling the kid’s Oilers jersey in the pro shop. " Post 998.

It was a combo of your posts and others.

On topic: If he fits the direction of the team by all means look into bringing him in the fold but like you mentioned in another post, we don't need another undersized D man

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Let's face it, there are players in the NHL, born in Canada, with modified no-trade lists that include all 7 Canadian teams.

The tax rate doesn't help, at all.

Winnipeg and Edmonton are known for cold and dark winters. Vancouver is nice but expensive and get a lot of rain I'm told. Montreal will always have the language issue rightly or wrongly.

But Calgary is a beautiful city, I lived there briefly (had to leave to take a job offer elsewhere) but I could of stayed there and loved it. As a player it would be right up there for me. Too bad they are mismanaged and have refused to do a full rebuild.

Ottawa I found to be very nice, I lived an hour south for almost 2 years many moons ago. But putting that rink all the way out in Kanata was a huge, huge blunder, I cannot stress that enough.

Vancouver does rain lots for sure
Concerning Kanata, the rink was put out there because of Nortel at the time. Nortel was going to have 50000 well paying jobs in that area but Nortel flopped and the rest was history. They need to bring the arena down town. Their owner is a complete idiot

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Vancouver does rain lots for sure
Concerning Kanata, the rink was put out there because of Nortel at the time. Nortel was going to have 50000 well paying jobs in that area but Nortel flopped and the rest was history. They need to bring the arena down town. Their owner is a complete idiot

Interesting, I didn't know that was how it happened. Makes sense really, Kanata from what I could tell when I was there in 2003 had plenty of room for growth around the arena site but not much going on.

Although it will be interesting to see if Public Sector workers return to their downtown offices or if they continue to work from home moving forward post-pandemic. If they don't, the downtown arena might no longer make sense as I can see many a public sector worker living downtown Ottawa moving out to the outskirts like Kanata.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad