What prospects are your favorites for next seasons roster.

Select your favorites to crack the Flyers roster for next season

• Total voters

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
Morin
NAK
Vorobyev

Myers starts in LV

Frost needs to light up camp and eat some home cooking to have a chance

/ thread.

Couldn't have said it better.

I am a big believer in Vorobyev and NAK. Morin is a no-brainer as far as I am concerned. I am very upset with Gudas and I don't give a shit if he's right-handed since he regressed significantly.

I'll gladly eat crow if he returns to form but I don't see it.

Reactions: pmwlker

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Hoping Morin can show he isn’t injury prone. I think he will make it for the shear fact that he will be 23 yrs old. But only played 15 games this past yr

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Frustrating to hear about how great our prospects are and then realize that the only 2 who will ~probably~ make it are NAK and Morin, who at this point aren't even that great of prospects

I'm not a Flyer fan and can't follow them that much, but I was thinking the same as you. Flyers drafted all these Dmen in top rounds but seem not to have any NHL return on many of these guys.
Living in Ontario, I have all the nonsense about how bad the Leaf defence is and how that if Doughty played for the Leafs they would be Cup finalists. Gee, it seems like a lot of teams, even playoff teams really want/need to improve their defence.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
We all expected 2 or maybe even 3 D rookies to be regulars in the line up this year and it ended up only being one.

Morin will be up to sit in the press box...thats it.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Lindblom should be an object lesson in why teams marinate players in the AHL.
And Dumoulin (2nd rd) an object lesson that time in the AHL doesn't ruin prospects (3 seasons there).

Flyers will have a flood of prospects in 2019 and 2020 with at least one AHL season.
Up to now it's been more of a trickle b/c of a split, the top prospects (Provorov (#7), Konency (#24), Patrick (#2)) often skip the AHL.
The second group just arrived there (2014 draft, 2015 draft).
College and SHL players take longer, and the 2016 draft plays in the AHL next year.

Morin would have been up, but he's a Holmgren holdover.
The other Holmgren prospects have come up and been shipped out, Cousins, Leier, etc.
So there's a "hole in the prospect donut" - but that doesn't mean Hextall should rush guys.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
"Favorites" is a tough term. There are guys I think may crack the roster so they would be my favorites in terms of "likelihood" but there are prospects that are my favorites, that if they had a good camp, it would be favorable to me if they made the squad.

46zone

Pass me the soft pretzels
Feb 5, 2007
Philadelphia
Voted for Vorobyev and NAK to help fill out the bottom and six, and Morin on the backend to replace Manning. Wanted to vote for Frost, but I think it's doubtful he makes the team out of camp.

Reactions: pmwlker

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I went with Aube-Kubel, Morin, and Frost. The first two are essentially locks to break camp with the big club (though I'm not putting any money down on what Morin's role will be,) and I expect Frost to be in the too good for juniors category, where we carry him because sending him back would do no good, but we can't send him to the AHL. That's the one where I'm prepared to be wrong, though.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
I may be the only 1 but I would give corban knight a shot on the 4th line 27 years old 6' 2" ,37 pts with the phantoms this year,good defensive center , plays pk1 , good on face offs.

Dooblus Dooizfour

Nov 5, 2016
I was thinking the same thing I only got to see the Phantoms 5 times this year so take this for what it’s worth but after Moron and Nak there are 3 players that have a shot at 4th line 13th forward. Knight Bardeau and Vecchione. Frost is wishful thinking. Even if he’s able to bulk up in the off season, will he be able to adjust to the added bulk that quickly? In my humble opinion he’s back in juniors next year

Dooblus Dooizfour

Nov 5, 2016
I was thinking the same thing I only got to see the Phantoms 5 times this year so take this for what it’s worth but after Moron and Nak there are 3 players that have a shot at 4th line 13th forward. Knight Bardeau and Vecchione. Frost is wishful thinking. Even if he’s able to bulk up in the off season, will he be able to adjust to the added bulk that quickly? In my humble opinion he’s back in juniors next year
Damn phone! That was supposed to be Morin

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Yep, they'll get a shot in camp at the 13th forward job and maybe more.
Hextall really liked Bardreau a year ago and once he got healthy, he was one of the top forwards on the Phantoms.
Knight is a reliable defensive forward who played well in a 20 game NHL cameo before he had a disc problem.
MV is more of an offensive player, but might have a shot at the 4C job.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
If we're talking about out of the gate, I said Morin and NAK. I think that we could see a number of guys later on in the season though.

NicolasAubeKubel

Mar 3, 2018
Out of the gate, Myers and Morin replace Manning and Gudas(traded)

Frost replaces Filppula, NAK replaces Lehtera (bought out)

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Lindblom should be an object lesson in why teams marinate players in the AHL.
And Dumoulin (2nd rd) an object lesson that time in the AHL doesn't ruin prospects (3 seasons there).

Flyers will have a flood of prospects in 2019 and 2020 with at least one AHL season.
Up to now it's been more of a trickle b/c of a split, the top prospects (Provorov (#7), Konency (#24), Patrick (#2)) often skip the AHL.
The second group just arrived there (2014 draft, 2015 draft).
College and SHL players take longer, and the 2016 draft plays in the AHL next year.

Morin would have been up, but he's a Holmgren holdover.
The other Holmgren prospects have come up and been shipped out, Cousins, Leier, etc.
So there's a "hole in the prospect donut" - but that doesn't mean Hextall should rush guys.
Why do you say SHL and college players take longer , rookie of the year nominations Barzal , Keller , Boesser , if expanded McAvoy , Conner etc... . We have players playing in the SHL that are better than many playing in LV right now. Hextall has just used his first and second round picks on CHL players unlike several other teams so, the development curve on the later picks takes longer uaually . It has nothing to do with where they play .

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
My favourite is Philippe Myers. Right-handed defenseman. We need him. And his hockey IQ and skating is on NHL level already.

Then NAK, Morin, Frosty and Vorobyov.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
By the way, Frost's advanced and metrics stats are better than Konecny's stats in D+1 year. I believe in him. He can be our 3C in next season with good bottom-six wingers (like Laughton, NAK or Raffl. NOT Simmonds or Read).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad