What prospects are your favorites for next seasons roster.

Select your favorites to crack the Flyers roster for next season

• Total voters

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Morin and NAK are locks to make the team.
Frost comes down to Hextall thinking he can physically handle the NHL, otherwise he's more ready than TK (more of a two way player and a better fit in the bottom six to start his career).
Vorobyev comes down to experience, if he can't get back for the playoffs, odds are he starts next year in the AHL, if he can play 10-15 PO games, he might be ready to start the season in Philly.

Hart needs to start in the AHL.
Myers needs more seasoning, missed too many games this year and needs to work on his defense.
Ratcliffe is destined to return to juniors (if Ron thought he was close, he'd be playing for the Phantoms)
MV and Knight are 13th forward candidates.
Martel is not a NHL player.
The rest need a year or two in the AHL

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Frost
NAK
Morin

Vecchione and Vorobyev will get into a few games too.

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
I think the question is which prospect if any will be allowed to have a regular slot with meaningful minutes?

And will Sanheim and Lindblom be give a chance too?

Flyers1928

Jan 26, 2018
Canada
Frost ain't making it imo, telling everyone right now. never understood the konecny comparison. TK was a star coming into OHL, was first overall pick

Reactions: hatcher

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Myers will likely be one of those mid season injury call ups. he probably won't make the team out of camp (though he should) but i bet we see him make his NHL debut at some point next year.

Morin is a lock. he'll replace Manning.

Sanheim should be a full timer as well.

i'd love to see Frost make it, but he'd really have to tear it up in camp to have a chance.

the other forward kids like Veccy, Voro and NAK have a shot for sure. but not locks.

Reactions: renberg

MarAlain MongYeo

GostisBeHere Now
Oct 22, 2016
Frustrating to hear about how great our prospects are and then realize that the only 2 who will ~probably~ make it are NAK and Morin, who at this point aren't even that great of prospects

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
I’d be surprised if anyone other than NAK and Morin make it out of camp. Other than that I could see a couple others like Vorobyev or Myers getting injury call ups.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
They will all be sent back to the AHL if Hakstol is still the head coach.....to make room for his favourites like, Weiss-Lehtera-Filppula-Gudas-Manning-Reid-Elliott-Neuvirth
Ohh you...i know you hate the world right now, but you know this isn't true.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
I know he won't be given an actual shot and will likely be a healthy scratch for the Phantoms at times next year, but David Kase (2015 draft) is 14 months younger than his older brother, Ondrej (2014 draft). Ondrej just played his 2nd season in the NHL for the Ducks and scored 20 goals in 66 games this year. David has either comparable or better stats than Ondrej at every level.

Slow cook 'em, baby!

041515-hextall-ron-600.jpg

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Morin
NAK
Vorobyev

Myers starts in LV

Frost needs to light up camp and eat some home cooking to have a chance

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
One rookie forward and one rookie d are likely regardless of merit or not. NAK and Morin. If the Pens series taught them anything, it taught them they need more "heavy" vets.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

AaronTrieu

Mar 6, 2008
All this means nothing with Hak. Keep our prospects away from him so he doesn’t pollute their minds with his loser mindset

Reactions: kelmitchell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad