Speculation: What prospects are going to make the team next season?

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
What I WANT to see.

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Dahlen-Pettersson-Goldobin
Leipsic-Gaudette-Virtanen
Archibald-Gaunce-Granlund

Juolevi-Tanev
Edler-Stecher
Hutton-Biega

Markstrom
Demko

What we will actually see

Sedin-Sedin-Gagner
Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Granlund-Sutter-Eriksson
Jokinen-Dowd-Virtanen

Edler-Gudbranson
MDZ-Tanev
Pouliot-Biega

Markstrom
Nilsson

That first lineup would get run over.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
I don't know that Dahlen will. I suspect Demko, Pettersson, Gaudette, and Juolevi are near locks. Then it depends on who we draft, but aside from Dahlin, Svetch and Zadina, I am not sure if any of the others are ready to walk right in.

Juolevi isn't a lock. We have too many d already. Edler Tanev Gudbranson Hutton Stretcher Delzotto Pouliot Biega. I only see 1 being traded in the off season.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Juolevi isn't a lock. We have too many d already. Edler Tanev Gudbranson Hutton Stretcher Delzotto Pouliot Biega. I only see 1 being traded in the off season.
I think Tanev might get moved at the draft, and possibly Hutton in the offseason as well. I suspect they make room for Juolevi, because the optics demand it.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I don't see any locks. I think prospects will need to pay as well as Boeser did last camp to force themselves into the lineup

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Gaudette, Juolevi, Pettersson and 2018 1st if it's top 2

I think Pettersson is a lock and I don't think the team has the balls to send Juolevi down after a bad performance.

Gaudette and potentially our 1st are pretty likely but not certain

dayner

May 23, 2017
For me, I would say lets stack Utica for 1 year and let them prospect develop. That does mean a terrible year for the Canucks, especially without the Sedins.

Canucks
Goldobin - Horvat (C) - Boeser
Baertschi - Gaudette - Virtanen
Gaunce - Sutter - Archibald
Jokinen - Dowd - Gagner
Edler (A) - Stetcher
Hutton - Tanev (A)
MDZ - Pouliot
Marky
Nillson

UTICA
Dahlen - Petersson - Lind
Jasek - Cassels - MacEwen
Gadjovich - Chaput - ***
Molino - *** - ***
Juolevi - Chatfield
Brisebois - Mcneny
Demko
Garteig

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
That first lineup would get run over.

As opposed to....? What? The amazing teams we've watched the last 3 seasons? We are already the worst team in the league over the last 3 years. That's not my opinion, that is a fact based on math. I refuse to believe that if we iced a young fast talented team we would be worse than we currently are. Even if we somehow managed to be worse at least people would give a shit about the players they're watching. I hate watching a Canucks game only to watch sutter and gagner score and then have us lose over and over again.

Reactions: 2011 still hurts

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
We have maybe 1.5 defencemen in Edler and Tanev after them we do not have NHL defencemen.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
We have maybe 1.5 defencemen in Edler and Tanev after them we do not have NHL defencemen.

Yea but theres this thing called 1 way contracts that must be honored. I doubt they are gonna put Pouliot on waivers. I see Hutton being the only one who gets traded. Edler, Tanev, Gudbranson, Stetcher and Delzotto have their spots locked in my opinion.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Unless Jimbo loads up on UFA's again, it's a new ball-game with the Sedins gone......wouldn't shock me if Gaudette, Pettersson, Dahlen and Demko are locks....realize the blueline is crowded, but Juolevi will be allowed to play his way on or off the opening night roster. Wouldn't be a shock if one or even both of Del Zotto and Hutton are gone.....which might even open the door for Jimbo's favourite prospect, Brisebois.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
As opposed to....? What? The amazing teams we've watched the last 3 seasons? We are already the worst team in the league over the last 3 years. That's not my opinion, that is a fact based on math. I refuse to believe that if we iced a young fast talented team we would be worse than we currently are. Even if we somehow managed to be worse at least people would give a **** about the players they're watching. I hate watching a Canucks game only to watch sutter and gagner score and then have us lose over and over again.

I'm all for rebuilding, but you're just going to throw all the kids to the wolves. I don't think it'd be great for them to get smothered.

I'm the farthest thing from a Sutter fan, but at least you can toss him the tough minutes and not give af if he produces, so that you can subsidize the young guys.

Especially with the twins not returning, they'll still need some more guys to play. At the very least guys like Granlund + Sutter can get tossed out there to take tougher competition and not really worry about their development.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Pettersson and Gaudette are locks for me - I don’t see Benning leaving them off this team with no Sedins now.

Demko, maybe. I see him coming up full time after the deadline where Nilsson is traded.

Don’t really see anyone else worthy of making it unless they have an unreal camp. Juolevi probably makes the team because things.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I revise my prediction about Juolevi.

He is 100% guaranteed to start with the team unless he's hurt or just unbelievably bad, like worse than Cam Barker bad. They really really really need him to do something here.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I revise my prediction about Juolevi.

He is 100% guaranteed to start with the team unless he's hurt or just unbelievably bad, like worse than Cam Barker bad. They really really really need him to do something here.
For sure, the spot is his to lose, they went straight to pen with that name. Second pairing too, mentored by Guddy.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Pettersson and Gaudette are locks for me - I don’t see Benning leaving them off this team with no Sedins now.

Demko, maybe. I see him coming up full time after the deadline where Nilsson is traded.

Don’t really see anyone else worthy of making it unless they have an unreal camp. Juolevi probably makes the team because things.

Coaching staff has no faith in Nilsson. Demko needs to play well at camp to get a spot on the opening roster. I think Nilsson, due to his contract and subpar play this season, ends up in Utica next season in case Demko isn't ready.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Pettersson - 100%
Goldobin - 100%
Juolevi - 80%
Dahlen - 70%
Gaudette - 50%
Motte - 50%
2018 1st - 40%
Demko - 20%
Lind - 10%

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I think there’s a reasonable chance that Goldobin gets beat out next year by other young players. Management will bring in more veterans so sports will be limited. Hopefully he comes in where he’s leaving off this season but I’d be very hesitant to call him a lock.

brokenhole

Aug 12, 2015
Before anybody pencils in a bunch of prospects just wait until that 20 mill of cap space is blown on 2-3 overpaid guys in the off season. The roster spots will be shrunk down for a run at the playoffs.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Not to be a homer or anything but every year someone outta NOWHERE makes a team and Jasek is playing UNREAL for Utica now. Could be darkhouse but probably unlikely

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad