What player on your team causes you the most stress?

McDLT

I'm a style boy for life
Mar 1, 2016
Calgary
Burmistrov. He can't seem to think with the puck on his stick.

2nd choice is Pavelec for obvious reasons.

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Sbisa used to, because whenever he's on the ice i fear that we will be giving up a goal.

I eventually solved the problem by always assuming we'll have a goal scored against us when he's on the ice. :dunno:

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
It was Justin Schultz forever.

Now it's probably Jordan Eberle because either he scores a beautiful goal or lazily back checks his way to a goal in his own net and every time he's on the ice it's a roller coaster of both.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
N7iy9Rh.gif

This gif made me lol irl. I've seen this story too many times with Jultz.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Pavelec, Burmistrov, Stuart, add Myers to that list. Myers because I'm sick of the big bird flying down the ice only to see his 3 forwards stopped at the blue line waiting for him to enter the zone and lose possession within 2 seconds or make a dumb pass to a guy standing still at the blue line. Just seems like he should stick to being the 4th man in because he constantly turns over the puck on his rushes and looks stupid doing it 5 times a game.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
granlund

Kid every international tourney just tears it up. Goals all the time. Comes back to Minnesota and forgets how to the shoot the puck.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
My blood pressure goes through the roof during the "subtle and forgettable ways..." compilation. Even bad NHL defenseman should be able to make a freaking outlet pass.

It's the best. We've been missing this all summer! Dan randomly bats the puck!

Last edited:

EDDIE20*

For me, Jonathan Bernier was the one and he sure didn't disappoint.

The day Leafs' brass dealt him, I think the skies opened up.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
every time Granlund hits someone I cringe. He's concussed himself twice doing that. Still does it. I love the moxie coming from a smallish player but with that track record I'm more apt to forgive him for being "soft" than encourage contact.

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
Probably Fleury. I never know exactly who is going to be in net. And if we fall behind, I almost expect a meltdown mode.

On the Blues, Bouwmeester. Guy has become a blackhole on defense.I never feel safe when he has the puck and can just prepare for the inevitable turnover.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Brandon Manning drives nearly every Flyer fan nuts. Macdonald will stress me out more this season if he ever looks like he could get injured before hitting the needed amount of games played to be eligible for the expansion draft.

Anytime Vandevelde touches the puck I know the play is dead, so I'm stressed when he's out there too.

When he was on the team, Downie was a guy that gave me the absolute most stress. What dumb penalty will he give next? Who knows. Hartsy was the same way but at least he scored at a first line pace.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Jake Allen. I've forever hated goalies that make the spectacular "how did he stop that" save but then can't save the one right at his chest.

I'd much rather have a guy that almost never robs anyone but almost never lets in a softie. Same save percentage either way.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
You can always count on your Bailey hate, it's right up there with death and taxes. :laugh:

Now that Strait is no longer around (THANK GOD), Hickey Mouse is the guy who is likely going to stress me out the most this upcoming season.

I'm as reliable as they come when it comes to the Bailey hate ;) I'm probably the only person that gets angry when he scores a goal.

I gotta disagree with you on Hickey. You know my intense man-crush on Nick Leddy (i.e. the most majestic creature on skates), but Hickey was our best defenseman in the playoffs. I'm confident he can be a good #5 for us next year, but I don't know what his future looks like when his contract is up.

But I love the nickname Hickey Mouse. So appropriate :laugh:

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Unless you have a lot of money riding on the outcome, you need serious help if any sports player on any team causes you stress. It's just a game. Get help!

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
:caps

Dmitri Orlov, easily. He has a ton of upside but his pizzas/60 is through the roof as well. He often times looks like the guy in beer league hockey who lines up on defense during the face off but really just plays forward and leaves his teammates out to dry the whole game. He's equally capable of being brilliant and boneheaded and often shows both in the same shift.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
It was definetly bernier last year.

Knowing he has a decent skill that he can't use because he's so mentally weak was very hard to watch at times

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad