Line Combos: What line-up would you like to see next season?

Superpest

Undrafted Free Agent
May 20, 2009
Cascadia
Anyone saying Shinkaruk is out to lunch. Guy played 16 games this year and is recovering from hip surgery. He's playing in the minors. No question.

Bingo.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Jensen
Kassian - Horvat - Santorelli
Richardson - Matthias - Hansen
Schroeder

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Garrison - Tanev
Stanton - Edler
Weber

Lack
Markstrom

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Sedin-Sedin-Jensen*
Kassian*-Kesler-Gaborik
Higgins-Horvat-Santorelli
Richardson-Matthias-Burrows*

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Tanev
Stanton-Garrison

Halak
Lack

Roll all 4 lines. With the starred forwards Burrows + Kassian being largely interchangeable depending on play, and assuming Kassian can play the LW. And Jensen on the Sedin line for the most part, but with Burrows/Kassian getting some minutes there when a changeup is needed.

Hansen moved.

And ideally, i'd like to see Garrison moved for a more mobile RH shooting or at least Right side defenceman with a bit more of a true 'puck moving' game. But realistically, that's not going to happen.

The Gourmet

Potage Le Magnifique
Aug 30, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Sedin-Sedin-Jensen
Burrows - Kesler/Kesler replacement/Santorelli - Kassian
Higgins - Santorelli/Kesler replacement - Hansen
Santorelli/Richardson/Dalpe

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Tanev
Garrison-Stanton

Lack
Markstrom

Booth bought out

The Gourmet

Potage Le Magnifique
Aug 30, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Sedin-Sedin-Jensen
Burrows - Kesler/Kesler replacement/Santorelli - Kassian
Higgins - Santorelli/Kesler replacement - Hansen
Santorelli/Richardson/Dalpe

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Tanev
Garrison-Stanton

Lack
Markstrom

Leave Horvat in the minors, we're not winning the cup next year.
Booth bought out

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
I think whatever lineup we ice we should have some rookies, as history as shown, it will be great development and with some seasoning it would help in the playoff when they play a important part of winning the stanley cup!

It would nice if Horvat, jensen, Kassian be all together with Shinkark getting a year in the AHL to develop and then join the year after...and we can hopefully these Big 4 be contribute in 3 years later.

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
Here's my crack at it.

Burrows, Henrik, Jensen
Daniel, Santorelli, Kassian
Higgins, Horvat, Matthias
Archibald, Richardson, Hansen
Dalpe,Sestito

Hamhuis, Tanev
Stanton, Bieksa
Garrison, Corrado/Weber
Alberts,Weber

Lack
Markstrom

Moves

Trade Kesler for something like Etem+Rackell+1st
Trade Schroeder
Trade Edler for something like Burakovsky+
Buy out Booth

King of Anarchy

Sep 30, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Anyone saying Shinkaruk is out to lunch. Guy played 16 games this year and is recovering from hip surgery. He's playing in the minors. No question.

They said the same about Eddie Lack, and he didn't get cleared to play until September. Shinkaruk is already back on the ice.

Fact is, Shinkaruk was our best rookie in the pre-season and almost made the team despite being 153 pounds on a cheat day.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Burrows H.Sedin Jensen
D.Sedin Kesler Kassian
Mattias Horvat Santorelli
Higgins Richardson Hansen

Hamhuis Tanev
Bieksa Edler
Garrison Stanton

Lack
Markstrom

turkulad

Sep 27, 2011
Turku, Finland
Yay, fantasy line-up time!

Kesler to ANA for Rakell, Vatanen, OTT 1st.
Edler, 2nd to DET for Mantha, Pulkkinen, Kindl, Ferraro.
Hansen to ??? for a good future (2nd or D prospect on that range).
Sign Mike Cammalleri, Mark Fraser. Resign Santorelli, Tanev, Kassian, Ferraro.

Sedin-Sedin-Jensen
Cammalleri-Santorelli-Kassian
Higgins-Horvat-Burrows
Richardson-Matthias-Ferraro
Sestito

Hamhuis-Tanev
Kindl-Bieksa
Garrison-Vatanen
Stanton-Fraser

Lack
Markström

In the system: Gaunce, Fox, Shinkaruk, Corrado, Mantha, Pulkkinen, Rakell, our two high 2014 1sts, high 2015 first, return from trading Bieksa, Richardson, maybe even Higgins...

Sedin-Sedin-Jensen
Shinkaruk-Rakell/Horvat-Kassian
Cammalleri-Horvat/Rakell-Santorelli
Burrows-Gaunce-Pulkkinen

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa
Yay, fantasy line-up time!

Kesler to ANA for Rakell, Vatanen, OTT 1st.
Edler, 2nd to DET for Mantha, Pulkkinen, Kindl, Ferraro.
Hansen to ??? for a good future (2nd or D prospect on that range).
Sign Mike Cammalleri, Mark Fraser. Resign Santorelli, Tanev, Kassian, Ferraro.

Sedin-Sedin-Jensen
Cammalleri-Santorelli-Kassian
Higgins-Horvat-Burrows
Richardson-Matthias-Ferraro
Sestito

Hamhuis-Tanev
Kindl-Bieksa
Garrison-Vatanen
Stanton-Fraser

Lack
Markström

In the system: Gaunce, Fox, Shinkaruk, Corrado, Mantha, Pulkkinen, Rakell, our two high 2014 1sts, high 2015 first, return from trading Bieksa, Richardson, maybe even Higgins...

Sedin-Sedin-Jensen
Shinkaruk-Rakell/Horvat-Kassian
Cammalleri-Horvat/Rakell-Santorelli
Burrows-Gaunce-Pulkkinen

I doubt that Detroit accepts that trade...

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Nicklas Jensen
Alexandre Burrows - Mike Santorelli - Emerson Etem
Chris Higgins - Shawn Matthias - Zack Kassian
Tom Sestito - Brad Richardson - Jannik Hansen

x. Jordan Schroeder / Zac Dalpe

Dan Hamhuis - Chris Tanev
Alexander Edler - Anton Stralman
Jason Garrison - Kevin Bieksa

x. Ryan Stanton, Yannick Weber

Eddie Lack
Jacob Markstrom

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
They said the same about Eddie Lack, and he didn't get cleared to play until September. Shinkaruk is already back on the ice.

Fact is, Shinkaruk was our best rookie in the pre-season and almost made the team despite being 153 pounds on a cheat day.

Exactly, players don't develop the same way. Shinkaruk almost made the team over Horvat and most are pencilling Horvat on the roster next year.

Shinkaruk has 6 months til training camp to bulk up and get his skating stride back. No reason he can't make an impact during training camp.

Whitebear

Nov 19, 2008
Fishin the Skeena
I think Daniels days as the go to goal scorer are over. He needs to be moved off Henriks line and become another set up guy.

I don't see the Canucks being able to get anyone significant via free agency so...

If Shinkurak looks ready out of camp

Jensen Henrik Burrows
Daniel Kesler Shinkurak
Higgins Horvat Kassian
Mathias Richardson Hansen/Sestito

If Shinkurak is not ready

Jensen Sedin Burrows
Sedin Kelser Kassian
Higgins Horvat Hansen
Matthias Richardson Sistito / Santo

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
That 2015 team is not good enough to make the playoffs or bad enough to get a decent shot at McDavid or Eichel. Purgatory of mediocrity.

Not to mention not making any additions to the team would look bad on the organization. Gillis (or whoever is the GM) needs to go out this summer and look at signing at least 1 top 6 forward. We don't even know if Horvat will be ready come next year. If Kesler is traded, a 2nd line C/W is a must acquire, if Horvat isn't ready what do you do? If Kesler isn't traded then you still sign a Top 6 winger for him to play with, give him some better talent to play with. Even if Horvat is ready next year, playing him on the 2nd line (with another rookie) may not be the best thing. Playing him on a 3rd line with two vets would be a much better situation for him.

Yeah but we are talking about the future of the team here.

Hi-wayman

Feb 28, 2002
Surrey
Visit site
The line up I would like to see to start next season:

Gillis is retained as GM. The owners do less interfering with the team. Torts is replaced with a new coach that promotes a more offensive minded, transitional play style.

Prior to the Draft: At the request of the Canucks, Colorado signs Ryan O'Reilly to a five year, $32,500,000 contract, which contract does not contain a no trade clause for the first two years. Colorado then immediately trades Ryan O'Reilly to the Canucks. As compensation, Colorado receives Vancouver's 2014 first round pick, Vancouver's 2015 second round pick, Alex Edler and Jannik Hansen.

Vancouver makes no other trades. Booth is bought out. Alberts is not resigned, but Gillis seeks two UFA defencemen for assignment in Utica as depth in case of injury. Horvat, Shinkaruk, Gaunce, McNally, Cassels and Fox are all assigned to Utica with the idea they will spend at least a year there developing.

Lineup would be:

Higgins – Kesler – O’Reilly
D. Sedin – H. Sedin – Jensen
Burrows – Santorelli – Kassian
Sestito – Richardson – Matthius
Dalpe – Schroeder

Hamhuis – Bieksa
Garrison – Tanev
Stanton – Weber
Corrado

Lack - Markstrom

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Yeah but we are talking about the future of the team here.

So you'd rather have the team finish 10th. Not have a backup in case Horvat is not ready (Rushing a prospect is not a good plan). Even if he is ready you want to play with him with another rookie? I fail to see how your plan/lineup helps the Canucks long term unless everything goes right and there are not pitfalls (Which won't happen).

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
The line up I would like to see to start next season:

Gillis is retained as GM. The owners do less interfering with the team. Torts is replaced with a new coach that promotes a more offensive minded, transitional play style.

Prior to the Draft: At the request of the Canucks, Colorado signs Ryan O'Reilly to a five year, $32,500,000 contract, which contract does not contain a no trade clause for the first two years. Colorado then immediately trades Ryan O'Reilly to the Canucks. As compensation, Colorado receives Vancouver's 2014 first round pick, Vancouver's 2015 second round pick, Alex Edler and Jannik Hansen.

Vancouver makes no other trades. Booth is bought out. Alberts is not resigned, but Gillis seeks two UFA defencemen for assignment in Utica as depth in case of injury. Horvat, Shinkaruk, Gaunce, McNally, Cassels and Fox are all assigned to Utica with the idea they will spend at least a year there developing.

Lineup would be:

Higgins – Kesler – O’Reilly
D. Sedin – H. Sedin – Jensen
Burrows – Santorelli – Kassian
Sestito – Richardson – Matthius
Dalpe – Schroeder

Hamhuis – Bieksa
Garrison – Tanev
Stanton – Weber
Corrado

Lack - Markstrom

A first, second, edler, and Hansen, just for O'Reilly?? You're fired...

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

Between the SEL and AHL Lack already had 113 pro games under his belt. Shinkaruk is still a teenager playing Junior hockey, and has basically lost a crucial year of development.

It makes a bit of a difference here. I don't expect him to make the Canucks but I'd love to see him make the jump to the AHL and be a call up player later in the season, but we have to keep our expectations tempered if he needs to be sent back to the CHL one more season.

Patchey*

If we make no trades this would be my lineup
Burrs-Sedin-Jensen
Sedin-Kesler-Kassian
Higgins-Horvat-Santo
Santa-Dalpe-Hansen/Tostitos

Hamhuis-Garrison
Edler-Tanev
Stanton-Bieksa

Lack
Markstrom

Doing this we have a solid top 9 that can score. I want to try Edler and Tanev like a Karlsson and Methot kind of way. Edler takes risks and Tanev covers him

bo2shink*

I'm not a doctor, but I can tell you my grandma won her bowling and shuffle board age group 6 months after hip surgery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad