Line Combos: What line-up would you like to see next season?

Soth

Feb 18, 2010
Thought it would be interesting to see the line up everyone wants to see next season. So post what you are hoping to see next season.

I know some people are looking for a lot of changes, but I actually think with everyone healthy we can ice a pretty strong team:

Burrows - Sedin - *Jensen
Matthias - Kesler - Kassian
Higgins - Santorelli - *Sedin
Sestito - Richardson - Hansen

Hamhuis - Tanev
Edler - Bieksa
Stanton - Garrison

Lack
Markstrom​

*Would swap these two based on who was slumping at the time.

Last edited:

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver

:nucks

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Burrows - Horvat - Jensen
Higgins - Santorelli - Hansen
Sestito - Matthias - Richardson

Hamhuis - Tanev
Edler - Garrison
Stanton - Bieksa

Lack
Markstrom​

Trade Kesler for young guys. I would get a good 1st line scorer for the future and we can draft our 2nd line LW. Get a good Dman and a pick. Future top six:

Shinkaruk - ??? - Jensen
Virtanen - Horvat - Kassian

If we didn't have Garrison I would put Corrado with Edler. I don't think its very fair and good we are keeping him buried down there I think its going to become an issue soon.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Ovechkin - Crosby - P.Kane
Hall - Malkin - Kessel
Benn - Tavares - Seguin
Parise - Getzlaf - Perry

Keith - Weber
Suter - Karlsson
Doughty - Subban

Lundqvist
Sestito

bsjezz

Nov 28, 2011
matthias ain't no second liner

burrows-sedin-jensen
kassian-kesler-sedin
higgins-santorelli-hansen
richardson-matthias-archibald/shinkaruk/dalpe

hamhuis-tanev
edler-bieksa
stanton-garrison

Soth

Feb 18, 2010

Hard to say. I think he could be. But a line of Matthias, Kesler, Kassian I think would be crazy effective with 3 huge bodies bull-rushing the net.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
D.Sedin - H.Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Jensen
Matthias - Santorelli - Kassian

Hamhuis - Tanev
Garrison - Bieksa
Edler - Stanton

Lack
Markstrom

As much as I'd like Horvat to slot in, i'd rather have a prime Ryan Kesler if all we're getting back is some sketchy prospects and picks.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Ideally:

Sedin - Sedin- Burrows
____ - Kesler - Jensen
Higgins - Santorelli/Horvat- Kassian
Richardson - Matthias - Hansen

Hamhuis Tanev
Garrison Bieksa
____ Stanton

- Jensen, Kassian and Burrows can all be interchangeable. Hansen is best used as a 3rd/4th role player.
- Realistically, Kesler will most likely be gone but it would be ideal to keep him for maybe one last real push?
- Rookies will be fighting for spots. Horvat could push for Santorelli's spot
- I could see Edler getting traded, a fresh start will be good for him. A winger and a depth d for Kesler is ideal

King of Anarchy

Sep 30, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Nicklas Jensen
Hunter Shinkaruk - Bo Horvat - Alex Burrows
Chris Higgins - Mike Santorelli - Zack Kassian
Kyle Palmieri - Shawn Matthias - Jannik Hansen

Notes:
Kesler and Schroeder to Anaheim for Ottawa's 1st round pick (currently 8th overall), Kyle Palmieri and a prospect
Canucks draft Michael Dal Colle (6th overall from OTT) and Jake Virtanen (9th overall)
Defence and goalies remain the same
David Booth gets bought out, Richardson gets moved for a late pick and Tortorella gets fired

Lundface*

Notes:
Kesler and Schroeder to Anaheim for Ottawa's 1st round pick (currently 8th overall), Kyle Palmieri and a prospect
Canucks draft Michael Dal Colle (6th overall from OTT) and Jake Virtanen (9th overall)
David Booth gets bought out, Richardson gets moved for a late pick and Tortorella gets fired

Do these rosters even hit the cap floor?

Love

Feb 29, 2012

Notes:

Palmieri is not a 4th liner. He's better than pretty much any other winger on that roster besides Daniel and Burrows.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
There is so much in the air as to what we could look like, that I find it hard to decide who I want and where. I would prefer one that has its picture taken with the stanley cup at the end of the year.

Burrows - Sedin- Jensen
Sedin - Kesler - Kassian
Higgins - Santorelli/Horvat- ???

Hamhuis - Tanev
Garrison - Bieksa
??? - Stanton

Edward Lackenstein
Markstrom

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver

burrows-sedin-jensen
kassian-kesler-sedin
higgins-santorelli-hansen
richardson-matthias-archibald/shinkaruk/dalpe

hamhuis-tanev
edler-bieksa
stanton-garrison

This is what I would like to see too but also wouldn't mind it if Kesler and Edler get traded as well. As long as we're getting something around Etem + Vatanen + Ott 1st.

Also whoever put Palmieri on the 4th line... No. He's at least 3rd line winger, second even over Higgins probably.

But ya I rather get Etem and Vatanen back, they're both youn and Nhl ready and I think Etem has more potential then Palmieri.

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
Sedin Sedin Jensen
TT Stastny Kassian
Higgins Horvat Hansen
Matthias Richardson DSP

Hamhuis Boyle
Garrison Tanev
Leddy Bieksa
Stanton

Trade Kesler to Chicago for TT, Leddy and Chi first
Trade Edler and Chi's first for Ott's first and DSP

Draft Ritchie and Virtanen

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Unless the Nucks get a younger 2C to replace Kesler, I believe Kesler is with this team to start the year:

Burrows-Sedin-Jensen -> It works; leave as is
Sedin-Kesler-Santorelli -> Sedin is a 2nd liner right now and Santo was a good playmaker with Kesler before injury
Higgins-Matthias-Kassian -> Gives Kassian some people to play with other than Tostitos
Richardson-Horvat-Hansen -> Give the kid his 9 game cup of coffee and surround him with decent players to easy him in

Sign Boyle to QB the PP.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
Anyone saying Shinkaruk is out to lunch. Guy played 16 games this year and is recovering from hip surgery. He's playing in the minors. No question.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Cammalleri - Kesler - Iginla
Higgins - Santorelli - Kassian
Sestito

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Tanev
Stanton - Garrison
Weber

Lack
Markstrom

Possibly replace one of Cammalleri or Iginla with Jensen, while Hansen could be traded.

ARSix

Mar 12, 2012
Time for me to be the first one who keeps David Booth around! Not that I think it's realistic, mind you, I just like the way that third line is constituted.

CAPGEEK.COM ARMCHAIR GM ROSTER

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($7.000m) / Henrik Sedin ($7.000m) / Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m)
Nicklas Jensen ($0.863m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Mike Santorelli ($1.250m)
David Booth ($4.250m) / Bo Horvat ($0.925m) / Zack Kassian ($1.750m)
Chris Higgins ($2.500m) / Shawn Matthias ($1.750m) / Jannik Hansen ($2.500m)
Brad Richardson ($1.150m) / Jordan Schroeder ($0.660m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)
Alexander Edler ($5.000m) / Chris Tanev ($2.750m)
Ryan Stanton ($0.550m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)
Yannick Weber ($0.715m) /

GOALTENDERS

Eddie Lack ($1.150m)
Jacob Markstrom ($1.200m)

RETAINED SALARIES (1.13% of upper limit)
Roberto Luongo ($0.800m—15.00%)

SALARY CAP: $68,500,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,963,333; BONUSES: $850,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,536,667

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
Daniel Henrik Burrows
Moulson O'Reilly Jensen
Higgins Santorelli Kassian
Hansen Richardson Matthias
(Sestito)

Hamhuis Garrison
Edler Tanev
Stanton Bieksa
(Corrado/Weber)

Lack
Markstrom

Gaunce, Fox and Shinkaruk start on the farm. If Horvat makes the team out of training camp then we have to trade Hansen or Higgins.

ARSix

Mar 12, 2012
If Horvat makes the team out of training camp then we have to trade Hansen or Higgins.

This is just nonsense. If a prospect makes the team out of camp, first of all you give him 9 games before you make a call whether to send him back down. Second, you really think the team's going injury free? Why dump useful players?

As far as people posting random players not currently on the roster, there really needs to be some rules based on realism. Like how are you getting Ryan O'Reilly on this team, an offer sheet? Trade? These things have too many variables to be predicted.

Now, if you want to buy out Booth and sign Moulson for somewhere between 5 and 6MM, that's realistic, but saying "well I'd just trade Kesler and here's the return" is sort of absurd when you don't know what teams are going to be interested or what they'll be willing to give up. Might as well put Malkin on the 2nd line and say "oh I just traded Kesler for him".

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
Thought it would be interesting to see the line up everyone wants to see next season. So post what you are hoping to see next season.

I know some people are looking for a lot of changes, but I actually think with everyone healthy we can ice a pretty strong team:

Burrows - Sedin - *Jensen
Matthias - Kesler - Kassian
Higgins - Santorelli - *Sedin

Hamhuis - Tanev
Edler - Bieksa
Stanton - Garrison

Lack
Markstrom​

*Would swap these two based on who was slumping at the time.
so we are pretty much bringing back the same crap that cant get it done this year.Looks tho we r in for no playoffs and a good draft pick,,im in for it.

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City
Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Cammalleri - Horvat - Kassian/Jensen
Higgins - Matthias - Hansen
Dalpe - Richardson - Jensen/Kassian
Sestito/Archibald/Lain/Gaunce/Santorelli/Etem called up if necessary.

Hamhuis - Tanev
Edler - Garrison
Stanton - Bieksa

Lack
Markstrom

Jensen given a shot with the twins at times. It's too bad he and Kassian both play the right side as I think they would look good together.

Deal Kesler for Etem, Ottawa's first and ?(Blacker, Vaatannen, ?)

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
This is just nonsense. If a prospect makes the team out of camp, first of all you give him 9 games before you make a call whether to send him back down. Second, you really think the team's going injury free? Why dump useful players?

As far as people posting random players not currently on the roster, there really needs to be some rules based on realism. Like how are you getting Ryan O'Reilly on this team, an offer sheet? Trade? These things have too many variables to be predicted.

Now, if you want to buy out Booth and sign Moulson for somewhere between 5 and 6M, that's realistic, but saying "well I'd just trade Kesler and here's the return" is sort of absurd when you don't know what teams are going to be interested or what they'll be willing to give up. Might as well put Malkin on the 2nd line and say "oh I just traded Kesler for him".

First of all, in order to give a prospect 9 games, you have to have the roster space to do it. There is this thing called a 23 man roster, and another thing called waivers. Jensen is the only forward who would not have to clear waivers to be sent down. As it is, with the number of forwards vying for positions, it is likely that (at least for the start of the season) we will have to carry 13 forwards and 7 defensemen. Stanton and Weber are also both waiver eligible and would undoubtedly be claimed if put on waivers. This means that Corrado would have to start the season in Utica unless he out performs Weber. For Horvat to "make the team" he would have to impress enough that you felt you could do without one of Higgins or Hansen.

Ryan O'Reilly for Kesler is a reasonable trade that makes sense for both teams. Colorado is financially constrained franchise, there is a reason they have the 3rd lowest payroll. Unless Stan Kroenke uncharacteristically decides to open up the money bags, Colorado is going to have to make a choice between signing RFA O'Reilly (who has already turned down $6.5M) and UFA Stastny (who has said he wants to remain in Colorado). It would make more sense for Colorado to trade ROR for Kesler who is signed for 2 more years at $5M. Due to ROR being an unsigned RFA and probably wanting more than $6.5M, Colorado will have to add something to the deal.

Oh yeah - and this is the "Post the line up you would like to see" thread.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad