What Leafs Line-Up may look like October

J1S

May 12, 2014
Hyman and Semin both Leafs?

“We’re going to acquire good people and we’re going to make them better” - Mike Babcock.

I don't see Shanny & Co reaching out to Semin.

Last edited:

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
I believe Babcock employs a grinder on each line. I could see Winnik on any line. Kadri, JVR, lupul could be mostly on different lines

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
If Bozak is still with us I see this:

JVR Kadri Parenteau
Lupul Bozak Panik
Winnik Holland Komarov
Matthias Spaling Arcobello
Hyman Devane

Rielly Phaneuf
Gardiner Robidas
Hunwick Polak
Marincin

Bernier
Reimer

I have to think they are planning a move, the logjam at C is a bit odd. I expect Bozak is gone but we will see if there is a market for him.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014

JVR Kadri Parenteau
Lupul Bozak Panik
Winnik Holland Komarov
Hyman Devane

Rielly Phaneuf
Gardiner Robidas
Hunwick Polak
Marincin

Bernier
Reimer

I have to think they are planning a move, the logjam at C is a bit odd. I expect Bozak is gone but we will see if there is a market for him.
Expect Matthias to get that Bozak spot. Bozak will be gone soon.

Also I like that Komarov - Winnik line again. Holland can play with them if he can win those faceoffs, if he doesn't... then Spaling will rise.

Also Robidas will be huge for us again on that second pairing with Gardiner :biglaugh:

Warrior16

Apr 30, 2010
JVR - Kadri - Parenteau
Lupul - Holland - Panik
Winnik - Mathias - Arcabello
Komarov - Spaling - Frattin
Carrick

Reilly - Phanuef
Gardiner - Robidas
Hunwick - Polak
Marincin

Bernier
Reimer​

This, assuming a Bozak trade.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
JVR-Kadri-Lupul
Nylander-Holland-Pareneau
Leivo-Mathias-Winnik
Panik-Carrick-Komarov

Last edited:

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Expect Matthias to get that Bozak spot. Bozak will be gone soon.

Also I like that Komarov - Winnik line again. Holland can play with them if he can win those faceoffs, if he doesn't... then Spaling will rise.

Also Robidas will be huge for us again on that second pairing with Gardiner :biglaugh:

I actually think Holland moves up and Matthias slips into 3rd C.

jcfogerty

Aug 21, 2014
SO what do you think it would be?
I think Bozak gets dealt.

JVR-Kadri-Lupul
Mathias-Holland-Parentaeu
Komarov-Spaling-Panik
Winnik-Carrick-Arcobello

When Lupul's injured:

JVR-Kadri-Mathias
Komarov-Holland-Parentau
Winnik-Spaling-Panik
Frattin-Carrick-Arcobello --> NOT playing 5 mins a night like Randy did, we'll probably use some other FA instead of Frattin

Last season, Loops, Kadri and Winnik were the number one line at times. They certainly had possession , that's for damn sure.:popcorn:

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
jvr-kadri-lupul
parenteau-bozak-panik
komorov-holland-matthias
arcobello-spaling-winnik
frattin + journey man ufa/ahler, possibly santorelli

rielly-phaneuf
gardiner-polak
hunwick-robidas
marnicin

buttman*

Bozak traded for a 2nd + Semin signed + Santorelli signed

JVR-Kadri-Semin
Lupul-Holland-Parenteau
Komarov-Matthias-Winnik
Panik-Spaling-Santorelli
Arcobello

Gardiner-Phaneuf
Rielly-Polak
Hunwick-Robidas
Marincin

Bernier
Reimer

Why does anyone want a guy like Semin on the team?

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
JVR-Kadri-Lupul
Mathias-Holland-Parentaeu
Winnik-Bozak-Panik
Komarov-Spaling-Arcobello

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Bozak traded

JVR-Kadri-Parenteau
Lupul-Holland-Winnik
Matthias-Spaling-Arcabello
Komarov-Santo/Fehr-Panik

Reilly-Phaneuf
Gardiner-Franson(short term deal)
Hunwick-Polak
Robidas
Marincin in minors

Bernier-Reimer

Last edited:

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
I wonder if Holland takes that next step and becomes a solid 2nd line center. He took a few years in junior to finally arrive as a scoring centre. There are a few players that could take the next step this season.

Center Ice Scrum*

Aug 20, 2010
The World Wide Web
Players to purge:
Phaneuf (at TD) - Late 1st + prospect
Bozak (before season) - 2nd
Lupul (at TD) - whatever we can get
Polak - 2nd at TD
Panik - 4th at TD
Semin - late 1st at TD
Stewart - late 1st maybe, for sure 2nd at TD
Mathias - 3rd at TD
PAP - 2nd/3rd at TD
Hunwick -2nd/3rd at TD
Arcabello - 5th/6th at TD

Players still to acquire before season:
Semin (I know many will be against this, but he can provide a half decent option on the top line, he's coming off a terrible year and a big fat contract so he'll be cheap and there's a small outside chance that he regains his scoring touch and becomes a half entertaining player///////////// Not to mention we can pawn him for a 1st rounder for sure at the TD)
Chris Stewart (much the same story as above)

Line up before TD:
JVR - Kadri - Semin
Lupul - Holland - Stewart
Winnik - Arcabello - PAP
Komarov - Mathias - Panik
Spalling

Phaneuf - Polak
Rielly - Gards
Hunwick - Robidas
Marincin

Bernier
Reimer

Line up after TD:
JVR - Kadri - Frattin
Bailey - Holland - Soshnikov
Winnik - Komarov - Hyman
Spalling - Carrick - AHL vet/ TD filler

Rielly - Robidas
Gardiner - Marincin
Brennan - TD filler

Bernier
Reimer

Drew75

Sep 5, 2005

JVR Kadri Parenteau
Lupul Bozak Panik
Winnik Holland Komarov
Hyman Devane

Rielly Phaneuf
Gardiner Robidas
Hunwick Polak
Marincin

Bernier
Reimer

It's not odd, the Leafs are overstocking their lineup now so that they can still ice a team when they trade 6 guys for picks at the deadline!

Anth93

Jul 2, 2012
Our desire to become a "come here and fix your value league wide" team, will have us parallel the Florida Panthers of 2011-12. They had to fill out their roster and by doing so made the playoffs only to sacrifice an additional lottery pick. We're not going to finish in the bottom five and we're also not seeing prospects grow in the NHL, I question the signings.

Have Nylander, Kapanen, Brown, Loov, Carrick, Leivo start the year in the NHL. If it's apparent these guys suck, send them down. If they're awesome but we suck, wait to benefit from another high pick. We've seen prospects like Kadri, Schenn, Skinner, RNH etc. have their biggest years early on in their careers. Schenn got worse with every additional minute he played, Kadri went from budding star to 3 years of bridge contracts.

Does anyone actually think that Nylander will gain anything from playing 60 more Marlies games? No, it's just dumb.

When all our recent signings leave in one years time and THEN we're introducing new prospects into our lineup, think back and question what the hell last year was even for. Trading two of these guys (trades are infrequent, never occur as often as anticipated) at the deadline for 3rd round picks will not help us in our rebuild.

TLDR, We're plugging up our roster with good value signings that will have deadline value instead of integrating our successful draft picks. Hell we've had 3 players play 10 games or more for us from the 2010-2013 drafts (2014 too obviously). If anyone is under the impression that 23 year old Viktor Loov (just an example) is going to flawlessly come into the NHL instead of the 22 year old Loov that comes in and falls apart before our eyes, well you've overthought it.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Our desire to become a "come here and fix your value league wide" team, will have us parallel the Florida Panthers of 2011-12. They had to fill out their roster and by doing so made the playoffs only to sacrifice an additional lottery pick. We're not going to finish in the bottom five and we're also not seeing prospects grow in the NHL, I question the signings.

Have Nylander, Kapanen, Brown, Loov, Carrick, Leivo start the year in the NHL. If it's apparent these guys suck, send them down. If they're awesome but we suck, wait to benefit from another high pick. We've seen prospects like Kadri, Schenn, Skinner, RNH etc. have their biggest years early on in their careers. Schenn got worse with every additional minute he played, Kadri went from budding star to 3 years of bridge contracts.

Does anyone actually think that Nylander will gain anything from playing 60 more Marlies games? No, it's just dumb.

When all our recent signings leave in one years time and THEN we're introducing new prospects into our lineup, think back and question what the hell last year was even for. Trading two of these guys (trades are infrequent, never occur as often as anticipated) at the deadline for 3rd round picks will not help us in our rebuild.

TLDR, We're plugging up our roster with good value signings that will have deadline value instead of integrating our successful draft picks. Hell we've had 3 players play 10 games or more for us from the 2010-2013 drafts (2014 too obviously). If anyone is under the impression that 23 year old Viktor Loov (just an example) is going to flawlessly come into the NHL instead of the 22 year old Loov that comes in and falls apart before our eyes, well you've overthought it.

So much wrong with this I don't even know where to begin.

Anth93

Jul 2, 2012
So much wrong with this I don't even know where to begin.
I'm just not buying into the development.

I always hear about it, but it never changes anything. Detroit could have thrown Tatar or Nyquist in three years ago and seen the same results.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad