What kind of player are you?

OprtnShtdwn

Jan 29, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

I was just thinking about this. What type of player is everybody here? Similar to the titles you might see in NHL 09 (sniper, dangler, etc.)

If i had to classify myself, I'd say i was more of a grinder in the sense that i'll go deep into the zone to dig a puck out, and i like to camp out infront of the net and get the garbage goals.

Gunnar Stahl 30

...In The World!
Dec 9, 2006
Marty's Better
im a hybrid type goalie, more so stand up. when i skate up, im like a defensive forward and offensivley i just like to go to the net and cycle the puck. i hustle back on d

GraveyTrain9

Mar 13, 2008
New York
I really don't know... A lot of my goals come from being in front of the net and getting rebounds but I also score on breakaways and I can dangle a little bit.

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
Forward - defense forward, decent faceoff man (won over 60% of my draws last year.) Defensive conscious on the line. Hard worker, good presence in front of the net.

Defense - Defensive defenseman, good on the boards, good at first passes and good shot blocker.

nbarry93

Nov 30, 2008
Buffalo, NY
I'm more of a powerforward. I love to hit, I drive the net, camp in front of the net, but can score from the outside too, and score on the odd breakaway. I play the point on the powerplay, and am a penalty-killer. I don't back down from a fight either. I don't put up big numbers, I'm more of a physical, defensive minded winger...

Ragss

Jul 5, 2007
I just play shinny, and since my only real asset is decent skating I usually play defense. And since its shinny I'm always the guy back alone on 2 on 1's. At the end of my shift I'll jump up in the play and do very little haha.

darty

Dec 1, 2008
Probably an offensive minded defenseman would best characterise me, but it all depends on comfort level with who you're playing with. If I'm on a poor team I'll focus more on defense, but if I've got good players around me I like to get creative and jump into the rush.

In The Flesh

Apr 26, 2006
3rd/4th line winger, grinder/checker, energy player, good on the PK, block a lot of shots, willing to fight, but don't often.

I see myself as a Jed Ortmeyer type.

canucksfan100

Apr 3, 2007
Grinding Playmaker - I work the board very well and dig for the puck well too, also i can make great tape to tape passes.

noobman

Nov 28, 2007
Probably more of a power forward since I'm big on dump/chase, driving wide, and crashing the net.

My guy is a sniper in NHL 09 though =)

Saw Jiris Tlusty

Jul 3, 2008
Mississauga, ON
Playmaker with an average shot but great defensive instincts and skill, but I can grind it out with the best of them. There is no quit in my game and I will not let you beat me.

RangerFan10

Grinder, not the best hands, not the fastest skater, but I'll win battles in the corners, i get free in front of the net, I'm good with screens and deflections, and I play fearlessly. I'm not afraid to do whatever it takes to block a shot or give up my body for a play. The last game I played was a painful example, I played defense for the first time in awhile, I had about 6+ blocked shots. One hit my foot right on the laces, it's just now really starting to feel better. I caught one between my legs, luckily it was a few inches down from my groin even though I wear a cup, but there are bruises on each of the insides of my legs from that one. Then there was one shot that a guy didnt get all of and I moronically caught it with the inside of my glove. That one hurt.

I just love to play, I leave it all on the ice. I'll be the first guy to get involved in a scrum and the last one to skate away. I'll do whatever someone I trust whether its a coach or teammate wants, I just love it all.

nullterm

Dec 8, 2007
Port Moody, BC
Grinder. Whether it's getting physical along the wall or making defensemen's life miserable in front of the net. Also like puck battles in the defensive end to spring the other winger/center for a breakout.

smoove

Jan 18, 2009
i'm an aournd the net player...not so much a grinder in the corners...but more of a dangerous slot player, one timers and garbage goals

Tinkeric

Dec 23, 2008
Washington, D.C.
I am a speedster who is still learning to harness my wheels.

I have game-breaking acceleration that gets me 2 or 3 breakaways per game, but I still haven't developed a scoring touch.

Matter of fact, last week my team was playing for the championship in game 3 of a best of 5 -- against a much better squad. I had 4 one-on-one's with the goalie (3 breakaways and a penalty shot) and I didn't score on any of them. We lost 5-2 and I blame myself for not converting all those golden opportunities.

Ah well, I still backcheck hard and I'm going to work on my shooting. (I've realized that I'm getting too close to the goalie before taking the shot... so amateur.)

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Eric Staal typeish (his current form). Play center, work on the boards decently well, throw awkward checks on rare occasions, get goals off rebounds a lot with a wrister from the slot, and can pass pretty well. And fast. Very fast.

Only difference is that I'm Marty St. Louis size, not Eric Staal size.

It does change game to game though, depending on the skill level of those around me. If the players there that week at pickup are all really good, I turn into a grinder with passing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad