Value of: What kind of Defenseman could Mike Hoffman return in a swap?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
14 more goals than he previous year, career high in pts. 36 goals

Stay away from guys bowling in the mountains, Rip.

He also didnt get to play in the same situations or with as good players and had a career worst plus minus despite scoring more. Its ok man you dont know anyting about the player or hockey in general if you dont think that being a pending UFA doesnt effect a players value.

cakeschmammert

Jun 28, 2019
St. Louis, MO
I feel like Hoffman for Vatanen is just too perfect for both sides to not be done, just based on need/available pieces. They're both expendable in their current roles and have similar cap hits. I say NJ adds a pick and it's a deal.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Oh Hoffman just learned to score goals this season? He has less term on his contract his value actually went down.

He is clearly worth way more than the sens traded him for but to suggest its impossible when we have an example from a year ago as you said when he has less trade value now makes you look foolish.
And you suggesting Robert Hagg for Hoffman makes you look way more foolish.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Canucks fan here.

Tyler Myers for Mike Hoffman is a deal.

We've been linked to Myers as a UFA but hope we stay clear of that next contract...

Flames don't really need more left shot wingers so not much interest in Hoffman, only players that really interest us are Tro, Noel, and Tippett but 2 of those are likely off limits and the 3rd (Noel) kinda misses our cup run time frame.

All 3 aren't available imo. And not a big fan of Hoffman for Brodie as well. Don't feel we make good trading partners.

I feel like Hoffman for Vatanen is just too perfect for both sides to not be done, just based on need/available pieces. They're both expendable in their current roles and have similar cap hits. I say NJ adds a pick and it's a deal.

Vatanen isn't the type of D we're looking for. It's a way better fit for NJ than FLA

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Not really. Vatanen isn't really the type they need. Fine player, but not a good match in this situation.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I’d do Brodie for Hoffman. Both guys expiring, if it doesn’t work out, it’s not a huge loss for either team. Hoffman could be an excellent fit on the Tkachuk/Backlund line. If you can’t afford to upgrade the centre, upgrade the wing.

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
For me, it's gonna take a top 4 D, multiple 1sts, and a few good prospects to pry the Golden Snipe God off our roster. This beaut unleashes hot clap specials every time he hops the boards. And throw in an extra 2nd for that magical flow

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Cant really say that considering Hoffman just got traded for a cap dump that couldnt even stay in the Ottawa Senators lineup last year.
His value was at an all time low cuz of the gf thing. I assume him being fine in Florida got rid of some of that.

Maybe they trade him for picks then add to that for a dman from a rebuilding team ?

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
How about 2 years of Alex Goligoski ($5.475M cap hit)?

Or 2017 1st Rd pick PO Joseph....who is a defensive dman?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad