Value of: What kind of Defenseman could Mike Hoffman return in a swap?

Russian Factor

Jan 8, 2015
Pittsburgh
I'd do Schultz for Hoffman in a second but I'm lower on Schultz than most Pens fans. Our D is a bunch of question marks outside of the top pair and Schultz at least puts up points so most fellow Pens fans would want to address other defenders before turning their gaze to Schultz. But if this kind of offer was possible I would say screw all that, the value is just too good no matter who you think is the problem on our back end.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I'd do Schultz for Hoffman in a second but I'm lower on Schultz than most Pens fans. Our D is a bunch of question marks outside of the top pair and Schultz at least puts up points so most fellow Pens fans would want to address other defenders before turning their gaze to Schultz. But if this kind of offer was possible I would say screw all that, the value is just too good no matter who you think is the problem on our back end.

They already have Ekblad and Yandle to put up points on D.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What value do you feel Spurgeon has?

If traded for picks?
If traded 1 for 1?

Impossible to discuss this because, most want to discuss his value as if he has one year left before he’s a UFA. But so far, we have no reason to believe he won’t extend with us this summer. And if he extends with us we have no reason to trade him.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Impossible to discuss this because, most want to discuss his value as if he has one year left before he’s a UFA. But so far, we have no reason to believe he won’t extend with us this summer. And if he extends with us we have no reason to trade him.

Spurgeon has been there his entire career so Fenton will have to pitch him well on staying imo.
Most guys only get this once chance to pick your spot but understand the want to re-sign him.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Spurgeon has been there his entire career so Fenton will have to pitch him well on staying imo.
Most guys only get this once chance to pick your spot but understand the want to re-sign him.

He likes it here. He has three children. I’m pretty sure he met his wife here. He’s said he wants to stay here.

Until there’s reason to believe he’s going to leave, there’s no reason for us to value him as anything other than someone who will extend here.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Cant really say that considering Hoffman just got traded for a cap dump that couldnt even stay in the Ottawa Senators lineup last year.
"Just got traded...." meaning 1 year ago.

You may have missed the last season. Hoffman had 30 goals. You may want to update your take with that info.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
"Just got traded...." meaning 1 year ago.

You may have missed the last season. Hoffman had 30 goals. You may want to update your take with that info.

Oh Hoffman just learned to score goals this season? He has less term on his contract his value actually went down.

He is clearly worth way more than the sens traded him for but to suggest its impossible when we have an example from a year ago as you said when he has less trade value now makes you look foolish.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
He likes it here. He has three children. I’m pretty sure he met his wife here. He’s said he wants to stay here.

Until there’s reason to believe he’s going to leave, there’s no reason for us to value him as anything other than someone who will extend here.

Fair enough, did read some articles backing your reply, hopefully you guys can re-sign him then.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Oh Hoffman just learned to score goals this season? He has less term on his contract his value actually went down.

He is clearly worth way more than the sens traded him for but to suggest its impossible when we have an example from a year ago as you said when he has less trade value now makes you look foolish.

Apparently Jeff Skinner's value is an ECHL caliber prospect and a 2nd, since that's what he was "just traded for".

What's foolish is Rip Van Winkle giving takes on trade values.

This just in: How players actually perform effects their value. Have a nice day.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Apparently Jeff Skinner's value is an ECHL caliber prospect and a 2nd, since that's what he was "just traded for".

What's foolish is Rip Van Winkle giving takes on trade values.

This just in: How players actually perform effects their value. Have a nice day.

He barely scored more than he did the previous 3 seasons. Your argument is garbage term matters. Have a nice day.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
He barely scored more than he did the previous 3 seasons. Your argument is garbage term matters. Have a nice day.
14 more goals than he previous year, career high in pts. 36 goals

Stay away from guys bowling in the mountains, Rip.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad