What kind of beer does Rexall serve?

wadsworth

Jun 28, 2012
Hey sorry if this is a dumb question, but I know Rexall is a Molson kind of arena. Do they sell anything cool at all like Alley Kat?

Finally coming back to Edmonton this weekend and get to go to my first game since 06, just wondering if anything his changed in that regard. Tried googling, but yeah, nothing really specific.

I'm not ridiculously beer geeky, though, i'll be filling my suitcase with purchases from Sherbrooke, just want to know if there is anything better (or even slightly better) than the basics.

Cheers.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Hey sorry if this is a dumb question, but I know Rexall is a Molson kind of arena. Do they sell anything cool at all like Alley Kat?

Finally coming back to Edmonton this weekend and get to go to my first game since 06, just wondering if anything his changed in that regard. Tried googling, but yeah, nothing really specific.

I'm not ridiculously beer geeky, though, i'll be filling my suitcase with purchases from Sherbrooke, just want to know if there is anything better (or even slightly better) than the basics.

Cheers.

Rexall serves really stale, flat beer. That's about all I know.

Husker Du

Sponsor
Mar 18, 2012
Edmonton

Cheers.

Canadian, Coors light, Pilsner, and Rickards red. IIRC.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005

Cheers.

Yeah, it's ALL Molson products. Too bad. I know they pay a TON of money for exclusive beer rights or whatever.

CanadianDestroyer

Oct 3, 2006
Edmonton
An $8 mix of water and beer.

This.

I went to a pro wrestling event a few years back (yeah, not hockey but still Rexall) and the beer was so watered down it was absolutely comical. Kinda regret not taking a picture because it has to be seen to be believed.

Also, to answer question: yeah, it's all Molson brand beers.

Last edited:

dixs35

Jan 26, 2010
E-town
To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if they were serving black label or similar as Canadian. Molson really wouldn't have an issue with it as long as its a Molson product and it would save them 40-50 bucks a keg. I'm not saying this happens in bars but.......;)

Cold Dome Beers

yaaaaaaahhhhoooooooo
Aug 29, 2011
It may not be the best tasting lager on the planet, but after the third of fourth one, you can't even tell.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
If Rexall beer's watered down, then I must be quite the lightweight when I walk through those doors. **** gets me right hammered. It's not just Rexall either, when I catch games in Vancouver it's the same deal. I don't know what the heck they do to their beer, but at considering how drunk I get I'm not too upset about how much they charge. 3-4 of those beers and I'm good.

Lewy

May 26, 2011
For those saying it's watered down... wha?? 5 or 6 of those beasts will knock you on your ass.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
If Rexall beer's watered down, then I must be quite the lightweight when I walk through those doors. **** gets me right hammered. It's not just Rexall either, when I catch games in Vancouver it's the same deal. I don't know what the heck they do to their beer, but at considering how drunk I get I'm not too upset about how much they charge. 3-4 of those beers and I'm good.

My theory is that the extra drunken feeling comes from actually watching the game. When you are trying to keep up watching something as fast paced as hockey, the drunkenness becomes more obvious than it might in another situation.

slambanna

Aug 6, 2008
They do have imports at the bars. Can't remember the selection available aside from Heineken. $7.50 per can.

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009
They use nitrogen to pump the stuff from a huge vat in the basement. Makes it carbonated with laughing gas. That's why it works so efficiently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad