What Jersey Should the Canucks use as Primary Going Forward?

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Home

B3OFWQ6CEAAtpTl.jpg-large.jpeg

Away

quinn-e1416847553686.jpg

Alternates

72340949.jpg

trevor_linden_gallery_16.jpg

Prefer the dark jersey over the light.

Last edited:

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
and this needs to be brought back immediately

2em1m3o.png

These are my favourites. The lack of shoulder patches, the colour of the logo on the white background, and those awesome V shapes on the sleeves. Make an inverse for the home jerseys and that should be it.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
Colour wise its not even close.

Blue and Green is running away with it on the poll.

so far no one likes the navy blue and red orca bay colours and the skate era colours has 1 vote.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I prefer our currents (though without the "Vancouver" wordmark)
Stick in the rink is a bit boring...serves as an excellent shoulder patch though

I still see the orca as being the most marketable logo too, so I doubt they'd change it

Yammer

Oct 22, 2002
Republic of East Van
My personal opinion: I am down with any of the current uniforms, the stick-in-rink, or even a Johnny Canuck based design as long as the jerseys remain blue and green. We have the best colour scheme in the league, one that perfectly suits Vancouver and our beautiful province and looks great on a hockey jersey.

Very well said!

The colours are what read as team identity, to me. The Canucks have had so many! But none say "west coast of Canada" like green, blue, and white. And after the relocation of the Hartford Whalers, it is a unique NHL colour set. It even harmonizes with the Seattle Seahawks, not that that matters apart from a certain regionalism.

After colour comes design. I think that they should stick to the current design, which is well thought-out with nods to various predecessors. The orca is an appropriate mascot, for the kids.

However, creativity and sales pressure will always drive logo innovation. I have no problem with different icons showing up on T-shirts and so on, why not?

Yammer

Oct 22, 2002
Republic of East Van
Colour wise its not even close.

Blue and Green is running away with it on the poll.

so far no one likes the navy blue and red orca bay colours and the skate era colours has 1 vote.

Remember the salmon-coloured third jersey? Widely despised, but I kind of admired how it took the hellacious clash of the spaghetti/tube-skate logo colours and found a way to bury them in a magma-coloured bold monstrosity.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
The logo is finally entrenched as the identity of the Canucks... finally have established a long term attachment to it and the colors are perfect.

The rest is the rest... any positives are tied to nostalgia as opposed to quality.
Imagine how a poll of people that had ZERO hockey knowledge would go in accessing each... the current ones would romp.

Probably. Given another five years or so, when the current logo reaches 20 years of use, it'll probably gain enough staying power. Maybe it'll be tweaked a bit. The Predators' visual identity is from the same era (the same year, in fact - 1997), and the logo, upon being simplified in recent years, works perfectly. I believe the Orca logo is in the same situation.

Karl Hungus

Oct 6, 2007
The stick and rink has a classic feel to it. The color scheme classy too. I'm not a fan of uniforms like the Preds mustard yellow. I'd prefer not to go back down that road.

Yammer

Oct 22, 2002
Republic of East Van
The Flying V is a perfect example of what happens when Corporate bows to their external consultant, who in this case had a theory that yellow and red create fear in onlookers because of their association with emergency vehicles. What's really important is having a jersey that the player is proud to wear, and these were not it!!! Stan Smyl said he used to cringe before leaving the tunnel although by the way he played you'd never guess.

Phred Phlinstone

Feb 12, 2015
White Rock, BC
The Flying V is a perfect example of what happens when Corporate bows to their external consultant, who in this case had a theory that yellow and red create fear in onlookers because of their association with emergency vehicles. What's really important is having a jersey that the player is proud to wear, and these were not it!!! Stan Smyl said he used to cringe before leaving the tunnel although by the way he played you'd never guess.

Best quote about the the Flying V jersey came from Tiger Williams...

"We play like clowns...now we look like clowns"

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
The conspiracy theorist in me wants to say that Trevor (having already said he's hoping to reintroduce the Skate jersey) is leaning towards the 1985 dark jersey and not the 1994 jersey. At all of these ceremonies, the '85 jersey is more prevalent.

aATPhLc.jpg

this Bo mockup makes him look really short, lol

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
They use the 85 jersey in some ceremonies because it corresponds to Linden and Bure's draft years. There is no chance that the Canucks bring them back.

The 94 uniforms were seen at the Heritage Classic. They may bring them back but I really hope they don't. There isn't nearly as much nostalgia for that uniform as there once was and the Canucks finally have a colour scheme that has critical mass after 4 decades. The Canucks need to move forward.

Blue and green are Canuck colours. They are here to stay.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
The conspiracy theorist in me wants to say that Trevor (having already said he's hoping to reintroduce the Skate jersey) is leaning towards the 1985 dark jersey and not the 1994 jersey. At all of these ceremonies, the '85 jersey is more prevalent.

aATPhLc.jpg

Those jerseys are so good

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

aATPhLc.jpg

Yeah, I think when Linden hinted that we might be seeing the Skate jersey pretty soon, that this is the one he's referencing. Pavel Bure wore it to all of his events, and he, Kirk and Trevor were sporting them last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad