What Jersey Should the Canucks use as Primary Going Forward?

yapperface

Bo Knows
Jan 22, 2010
British Columbia
With all of the talk about the skate jersey's possible return, the potential for a return to a prior jersey, the Johnny Canuck "fashion" jersey, and our general inability to stick with any scheme for too long - what jersey do you, the fans, want to be the primary jersey going forward?

Since so many variations have been proposed, I tried to organize them into broad categories - a specific option for every variation would have gone as high as 30. Small nuances are certainly open for discussion in the thread!

My personal opinion: I am down with any of the current uniforms, the stick-in-rink, or even a Johnny Canuck based design as long as the jerseys remain blue and green. We have the best colour scheme in the league, one that perfectly suits Vancouver and our beautiful province and looks great on a hockey jersey. Personally, I don't see the appeal of any of the red and yellow jerseys beyond nostalgia. My vote in the poll goes to the stick in rink.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Current with the wordmark.

The logo is finally entrenched as the identity of the Canucks... finally have established a long term attachment to it and the colors are perfect.

Never liked the unimaginative nature of the stick n rink... i find it so bland... but that color scheme was the best, and i'm glad they brought it back.

The rest is the rest... any positives are tied to nostalgia as opposed to quality.
Imagine how a poll of people that had ZERO hockey knowledge would go in accessing each... the current ones would romp.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Classic stick-in-rink jersey as the primary.

Classic flying skate as a 3rd.

I've never felt any real attachment to the Orca, which was John McCaw's corporate logo and doesn't even match our uniform colours.

arsmaster*

Stick in rink, in blue and green.

Please stop changing our jerseys every few years, its annoying.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
I want an updated stick-in-rink but with the correct colors. The blue logo on blue jerseys right now is so annoying. White logo on blue jersey, blue logo on white jersey. That would be my ideal

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
a visual... for logos anyway...

zyj2a0.jpg

Last edited:

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
yeah flying spaghetti plate is nostalgic for sure.

one and two for sure. There really isn't a good logo for a canuck. I just like the cleanliness of the stick in rink. Generic as it is.

I'm also fine with what it currently is but yeah lose the Vancouver.

Bro Horvat

2011 Truther
Mar 20, 2013
Vancouver
Current stick in rink third as our primary home, create a white version of it as our primary road jersey. Millionaires as our third jersey.

Scrap the Orca all together.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Hate our current jerseys, especially the big "VANCOUVER" (looks even worse on a player with a "C" or "A").

Use Stick-in-Rink if you wanna stick with the same colors.

Skate would be my choice, though.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I want an updated stick-in-rink but with the correct colors. The blue logo on blue jerseys right now is so annoying. White logo on blue jersey, blue logo on white jersey. That would be my ideal

Totally agree. White logo on blue jersey, blue logo on white jersey. NO shoulder patches. Oh and add lace at the collar, I hate the weird V thing with the NHL logo we have going on.

ShouldveDraftedFiala

Feb 20, 2007
Stick in rink ANIEC.

It's classic. Our originals. Simple and clean. Why its not our main logo still baffles me considering it's been brought back and modernized recently. I thought for sure the switch back was going to happen.

I do like orca's and the nod to the heida, but as a logo I find it busy and ugly. Adding "Vancouver" to it doesn't do it any favours.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I'd stick with the current uniforms. Establish some freaking contiuity going forward; feel free to mix up the 3rd jerseys to include some of our throwbacks - Stick 'n Rink, Spaghetti Plate, etc.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I like the current ones. I'm happy with the stick as an alternate jersey, maybe they should use it a bit more (maybe have an away version of it to use on the road as well). And as cheesy as it might sound I would like to see them use the Millionaires, flying V (yes, I went there), and skate jersey once per season.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Stick-in-rink is decent - the rest are not.

Wish we just went back to that and kept it forever. Don't think teams should change logos (updating the design is fine, but the theme should be kept).

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Although I'm one of the people who really like the current jersey, my vote would be to go to the current third jersey as the primary and stick with that forever. I said it in another thread, I like the idea of going back to this team's roots.

Again, I like the current jersey on its own. I think it's sharp, but what does an Orca have to do with the Canucks? Our logo has the least relevance to its team name in the league. Establish an identity. Go back to the crest that this team proudly wore when they first entered the league. That's what every team as old as ours or older - except the Kings - has done (O6 teams, St. Louis, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Buffalo).

Maccas

Aug 26, 2010
England
Personally I love the current ones, I am one of the very few that actually really likes the Orca logo.
I love my Spaghetti plate jersey and it's my favourite to wear but it does look very dated now.
A bit of continuity would be nice, stick with the jersey we have rather than keep changing it.

BloatedGuppy

Jun 29, 2007
Vancouver
Stick in Rink (stylized). It's nice, clean and simple. Skate is too busy (and lamentably rocketing downhill), and I prefer the green/blue color scheme as evocative of the Pacific Northwest over the more aggressive black/red/gold.

As others have pointed out, the Orca was emblematic of our corporate ownership, and while they are native to the area they have absolutely nothing to do with "Canucks". Keep the Orca as a third jersey or mascot if you please, but the Stick in Rink is far and away a superior logo.

And for the love of god lose that hideous wordmark.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010

That "updated" jersey from 2007 serves no purpose. People who are nostalgic for the 94 era uniforms don't want updated jerseys and I think when you get down to it most people aren't exactly enamoured with the skate logo on its own.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad