What Is YOUR Team Doing On The Deadline

Zack Kelly

Jan 1, 2019
So to begin I will say that I am a Habs fan. Obviously from my icon and I follow the Habs religiously. I personally think we will have a sleeper Deadline ad Bergy has said they dont plan to move their futures, but who knows. I know our trading chips right now are Hudon (as he hasn't seen much game time and has expressed earlier in the season he would like to be moved, Picks We have 2 seconds (MTL, CBJ) and 3 fifths (Ari, Chi, EDM) and cap space with just shy of 9 Mil currently. With this being said I could see us picking up a player on an expiring deal because we will have the money to pay them next year as long as they would like to join us and if they dont so be it. im not saying a Duchene, Stone, Dzingel because we would pay an arm and a leg for them. I would like a solid scoring winger to add to our depth as montreal is fairly deep right now with a good scoring spread. one thing that kinda hurts is Shaw on the second line. he is doing really well this year but I think he would benefit from playing on the third line more (as much as it would suck to break up our Fin line of Leh, KK, Armia) I wouldn't mind seeing Lehkonen/Armia on the 4th line for a bit. the first player that comes to mind is Mats Zuccarello. he is a skilled fast winger that fits right into our team dynamic and would look great next to Domi and Tatar. I would say that Zuccarello would go for what middle 6 skilled wingers go for at the deadline of probably 2 seconds. BUT Zuccarello earlier in the season stated that he is just waiting to be traded. this means he most likely wont be signing with NYR next season anyways. This means that if a trade were to happen we could get him for cheaper then expected I think Hudon. Second 2019 and if needed one of our Fifths would get him and i have no doubt he would resign. That would leave our lines as follows

FWD
Drouin Danault Gallagher
Tatar Domi Zuccarello
Lehkonen KK Shaw
Deslauriers Peca Armia

Injury:
Byron

(Byron would go in place of Lehkonen moving him down and bumping out Deslauriers)

For Non-Habs fans who would you go after? What moves are you wanting your team to make? Let me know!

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Bruins are probably going to be buying a quality top 6 forward and a 3rd line C and shipping out some of their young but good prospects in the process.

Lots of good forwards potentially available so I mean that's kind of exciting I guess.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Unfortunately we're in a holding pattern hoping Schultz returns as beer-drinking Jesus.

We should be looking to upgrade on Johnson (so just about any available NHL defender would accomplish that) and to upgrade from Pearson.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
The 25th is an off-day for Dallas, so my guess is they'll be flying to Vegas to prep for the game there on the 26th.

Whether or not all members of the team make that flight.....who knows. We shall see.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
So to begin I will say that I am a Habs fan. Obviously from my icon and I follow the Habs religiously. I personally think we will have a sleeper Deadline ad Bergy has said they dont plan to move their futures, but who knows. I know our trading chips right now are Hudon (as he hasn't seen much game time and has expressed earlier in the season he would like to be moved, Picks We have 2 seconds (MTL, CBJ) and 3 fifths (Ari, Chi, EDM) and cap space with just shy of 9 Mil currently. With this being said I could see us picking up a player on an expiring deal because we will have the money to pay them next year as long as they would like to join us and if they dont so be it. im not saying a Duchene, Stone, Dzingel because we would pay an arm and a leg for them. I would like a solid scoring winger to add to our depth as montreal is fairly deep right now with a good scoring spread. one thing that kinda hurts is Shaw on the second line. he is doing really well this year but I think he would benefit from playing on the third line more (as much as it would suck to break up our Fin line of Leh, KK, Armia) I wouldn't mind seeing Lehkonen/Armia on the 4th line for a bit. the first player that comes to mind is Mats Zuccarello. he is a skilled fast winger that fits right into our team dynamic and would look great next to Domi and Tatar. I would say that Zuccarello would go for what middle 6 skilled wingers go for at the deadline of probably 2 seconds. BUT Zuccarello earlier in the season stated that he is just waiting to be traded. this means he most likely wont be signing with NYR next season anyways. This means that if a trade were to happen we could get him for cheaper then expected I think Hudon. Second 2019 and if needed one of our Fifths would get him and i have no doubt he would resign. That would leave our lines as follows

FWD
Drouin Danault Gallagher
Tatar Domi Zuccarello
Lehkonen KK Shaw
Deslauriers Peca Armia

Injury:
Byron

(Byron would go in place of Lehkonen moving him down and bumping out Deslauriers)

For Non-Habs fans who would you go after? What moves are you wanting your team to make? Let me know!

Zucc is a top 6 player through and through, not a "middle six" guy. Considering the fact that there are likely several teams interested, you'd have to expect that somebody offers more than two 2nds/Charles Hudon+2nd.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Jets: nothing or Duchene, hopefully
Wings: getting another 1st and as many other picks as possible

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
:rangers

tenor.gif

Zack Kelly

Jan 1, 2019
Bruins are probably going to be buying a quality top 6 forward and a 3rd line C and shipping out some of their young but good prospects in the process.

Lots of good forwards potentially available so I mean that's kind of exciting I guess.
zucc, hayes, dzingel dont think stone or duchene is in the picture for you. but those 3 come to mind

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Probably nothing. Hoping for an upgrade on Girardi or if we add to the forwards hopefully somebody else who can put the puck in the net.

Zack Kelly

Jan 1, 2019
Zucc is a top 6 player through and through, not a "middle six" guy. Considering the fact that there are likely several teams interested, you'd have to expect that somebody offers more than two 2nds/Charles Hudon+2nd.
i doubt youll get more then 2 seconds. again he will not resign. so take from that what you will.

Zack Kelly

Jan 1, 2019
Top 9 LW and top 4 right handed D hopefully. Ferland, Pesce types.
why have ferland when you have Hyman am i right. but if you can have both MINT. not sure where they would fit unless that boots Gaut out of the lineup and put lindholm 4th line center. not bad either.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Bruins: Honestly, I don't expect much from them. I expect they'll add one or two pieces, all of which Bruins fans will likely shake their head at because it's the same old shit. They'll either add a 3rd/4th line tweener who's about to celebrate his 38th birthday, or they'll sign someone to a contract that has no business in the NHL.

Lots of Bruins fans are hoping for the Panarin's, the Stones, etc. We should more likely be prepared for the Matt Cullens.

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Begging that at least Zucc is not traded to a EC team. Watching him on the habs would be terrible, though if he could be on a line with Gallagher and Domi that would be fun.

Zack Kelly

Jan 1, 2019
Begging that at least Zucc is not traded to a EC team. Watching him on the habs would be terrible, though if he could be on a line with Gallagher and Domi that would be fun.
no way would Drouin get bumped down by him but yeah i see what you're saying

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Jackets: Looking to simultaneously move out and replace Panarin. Likely will be two separate moves that are lined up at the same time.

Zack Kelly

Jan 1, 2019
Jackets: Looking to simultaneously move out and replace Panarin. Likely will be two separate moves that are lined up at the same time.
so like Panarin for picks/ prospects. then another trade for a replacement from another team. interesting idea. 3 way trade maybe?

Lays

Jan 22, 2017

FWD
Drouin Danault Gallagher
Tatar Domi Zuccarello
Lehkonen KK Shaw
Deslauriers Peca Armia

Injury:
Byron

Uhhh you’re not getting Zucc for a 2nd and a 5th and he’s stated many times how badly he wants to stay a Ranger. Just because he knows he’s getting traded doesn’t mean you can go from 2 2nds (which he’ll also get more than) to a 2nd and a 5th.
Anyways
Rangers are likely trading Hayes, Zucc, and McQuaid. Not gonna get into the returns on here but Rangers are looking for near-NHL ready prospects
Outside chance at us trading Namestnikov, Smith, Shatty, or Buchnevich.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
A three-way deal resulting in Panarin out Duchene in? The Jackets would need to get at least one solid asset in addition to Duchene. While skill-wise Duchene is close to Panarin, I don't think he'd be a great fit in Columbus; nor do I think he'd sign there. Or are you thinking along the lines of getting Jonathan Quick? To me that would make more sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad