What Is YOUR Team Doing On The Deadline

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I can’t see the Blues doing much of anything. Let it ride with what they’ve got, look to upgrade in the summer.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
It may be awful, but it's realistic.
Sure, picking 3rd overall guarantees nothing but it’s a higher chance at getting an elite player. Finding players like Gaudreau, Kucherov, Benn or whoever is rare in the 3rd round. I don’t exactly know what you’re trying to get at with that post

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
A three-way deal resulting in Panarin out Duchene in? The Jackets would need to get at least one solid asset in addition to Duchene. While skill-wise Duchene is close to Panarin, I don't think he'd be a great fit in Columbus; nor do I think he'd sign there. Or are you thinking along the lines of getting Jonathan Quick? To me that would make more sense.
I think who ever they are targeting as a replacement the other team would have to agree to the trade first before they pull the trigger on moving Panarin.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
It kind of sucks for Columbus to bring in talent and get them to sign when you see two major pieces wanting to part in resigning with the team.
The situation stinks for the Jackets, because finally they have a taste of what it's like to have an elite player - and he's leaving. They need to find a top player that would commit to a non-traditional market without much history of success, and would embrace living in the Midwest. Call me crazy, but I think the Jackets should go for it this year (and not trade Bread & Bob), and then use the cap space to offer-sheet Marner. If Korpisalo proves unreliable, trade for a goalie next year.

nothingbeatshockey

May 3, 2013
Caps:
Trading Forsberg for Marty Erat ...... oh wait ...... we did that already. Sorry Trading Deadline PTSD strikes again.

Zack Kelly

Jan 1, 2019
The situation stinks for the Jackets, because finally they have a taste of what it's like to have an elite player - and he's leaving. They need to find a top player that would commit to a non-traditional market without much history of success, and would embrace living in the Midwest. Call me crazy, but I think the Jackets should go for it this year (and not trade Bread & Bob), and then use the cap space to offer-sheet Marner. If Korpisalo proves unreliable, trade for a goalie next year.
you think CBJ can afford marner? and that he would go there? and youd give up 4 1sts

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
you think CBJ can afford marner? and that he would go there? and youd give up 4 1sts
Columbus can afford Marner. If Panarin wanted to stay, he'd get a ridiculous contract. And given CBJ's strong young core, giving up 4 1st is not as devastating as it would be to some other teams. Whether Marner would want to go to CBJ is a different story. But that's the issue with Columbus and any free agent. They need to find someone who wants to be there long term.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
:wings

"Kicking tires" but making few moves mostly likely. And trying to convince multiple players to waive NTC's so they can be moved at the deadline.

Last edited:

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
Uhh, it’s gonna be a pretty nice Monday. Gonna go to Home Depot, look at some flooring. Maybe Bed, Bath and Beyond. I don’t know, I don’t know if they’ll have enough time.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Hopefully VGK can pick up Tampa's scraps and pick up Coburn if they add a defenseman, and sign Stralman in the offseason.
Maybe add a physical C like Rowney with a low cap hit.
Then free up a roster spot to add a goalie with playoff experience for a cheap price, like Talbot. Because Subban has either been injured or awful, and Fleury is on his way to playing well over 70 games.

Realistically, they'll probably pay a crazy amount for Stone in the hopes of re-signing him. Then do nothing about the defense.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Hopefully nothing. The current Lightning team is doing just fine right now. We already have some upgrades from last year's team since Stamkos has returned to pre-injury form, Point has upped his game and Kucherov is more mature with regards to dealing with (small) slumps. Before Cernak, we would have be interested in a RHD for depth but he's been outstanding plus gives us more grit than last year. Joseph and Cirelli are now making major contributions.

The boys are setting franchise records left and right! The overall team chemistry is excellent so why mess with it just for a rental? Anything other than a rental will push into cap issues for next season.

Stupidest thing would be to acquire someone just for the sake of doing something.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Wings trade Howard to Calgary for a 1st.
Trade Nyquist to the Islanders for a 1st.
Kronwall to Toronto for a 2nd. ( whom will be back as a Wing)

Zack Kelly

Jan 1, 2019
Wings trade Howard to Calgary for a 1st.
Trade Nyquist to the Islanders for a 1st.
Kronwall to Toronto for a 2nd. ( whom will be back as a Wing)
You're nuts if you think howard is fetching a first. I'm not convinced that nyquist will either but maybe.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
tenor (18).gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->