OT: What Is Your Take On Candy Corn?

What Is Your Take On Candy Corn?

• Total voters

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Hershey bars and Almond Joy. Mainly because my dad liked those.
We never got many kids.
Even though in Arlington we were on a dirt road directly across from an old peat bog.
This time of year it would fill with fog. Scared most kids away.
But we set it on fire every November. It would flood and great skating. Could put my skates on the front porch and walk right onto the ice.
Thorndike St.
Actual picture. House in background.View attachment 475182
Wow outstanding great photo

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
My blood sugar went off the scale reading the recipe. At least it isn't melted candy corn
I didn't actually read the recipe lol. But I generally love Six Sisters recipes, they have a lot of good stuff.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
These are the best — and worst — Halloween candies - The Boston Globe

When it comes to Halloween candy, some things are obvious. Full-size candy bars are the most covetable plunder. Candy Corn is divisive: Love it or hate it, at least respect it as an icon. Anything associated with health or virtue — raisins, dental floss — has no place in the trick-or-treat bowl.
But what should be included? It’s clear from the loot on offer each year that terrible misconceptions abound. It is a travesty that the humdrum Mike and Ike continues to show up while Good & Plenty — a pinnacle of candy-dom — is routinely snubbed. There’s no reason to give out plain M&Ms or (heaven forfend) Reese’s Pieces when Peanut M&Ms exist, a whole snack. And whither went the Charleston Chew, so heavenly frozen? Meanwhile, middle-of-the-road Hershey’s Miniatures and Kisses continue to sink to the bottom of the pumpkin-shaped basket, to be grudgingly consumed mid-November.

It’s time to clear up any confusion. These are the best and worst candies of Halloween.

Best

Butterfinger
Laffy Taffy
Mounds
Peppermint Pattie (and Junior Mints)
Smarties
Sour Patch Kids
Whoppers

Worst

Almond Joy
Dum Dums
Everlasting Gobstopper
Milk Duds
Milky Way (and 3 Musketeers)
Twizzlers

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

When it comes to Halloween candy, some things are obvious. Full-size candy bars are the most covetable plunder. Candy Corn is divisive: Love it or hate it, at least respect it as an icon. Anything associated with health or virtue — raisins, dental floss — has no place in the trick-or-treat bowl.
But what should be included? It’s clear from the loot on offer each year that terrible misconceptions abound. It is a travesty that the humdrum Mike and Ike continues to show up while Good & Plenty — a pinnacle of candy-dom — is routinely snubbed. There’s no reason to give out plain M&Ms or (heaven forfend) Reese’s Pieces when Peanut M&Ms exist, a whole snack. And whither went the Charleston Chew, so heavenly frozen? Meanwhile, middle-of-the-road Hershey’s Miniatures and Kisses continue to sink to the bottom of the pumpkin-shaped basket, to be grudgingly consumed mid-November.

It’s time to clear up any confusion. These are the best and worst candies of Halloween.

Best

Butterfinger
Laffy Taffy
Mounds
Smarties
Sour Patch Kids
Whoppers

Worst

Almond Joy
Dum Dums
Everlasting Gobstopper
Milk Duds
Twizzlers

I like Whoopers but can you really eat a bunch of those

if I got one of those I was good

also Is the Chunky the worst candy ever - raisins in coffee rolls I’m still trying to get outlawed at Henry’s Market’s bakery in Beverly

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Scariest movie ? Halloween, Poltergeist, child’s Play or Nightmsre on Elm Street?

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Best

Butterfinger
Laffy Taffy
Mounds
Smarties
Sour Patch Kids
Whoppers

Worst

Almond Joy
Dum Dums
Everlasting Gobstopper
Milk Duds
Twizzlers

Best

Butterfinger yum
Laffy Taffy ewwww
Mounds ewewww
Peppermint Pattie (and Junior Mints) yum
Smarties good
Sour Patch Kids no thanks
Whoppers good

Worst

Almond Joy eewww
Dum Dums ick
Everlasting Gobstopper only when I was a kid
Milk Duds too chewy
Milky Way (and 3 Musketeers) yum
Twizzlers I'd rather chew on a plastic cord. Oh wait that's what they are

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
I like Whoopers but can you really eat a bunch of those

if I got one of those I was good

also Is the Chunky the worst candy ever - raisins in coffee rolls I’m still trying to get outlawed at Henry’s Market’s bakery in Beverly
NONONO!!! Love Chunkys!!! My local grocery sells the movie theatre size...which is like 4 regular sizes in one..

Reactions: Alicat

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Best

Butterfinger yum
Laffy Taffy ewwww
Mounds ewewww
Peppermint Pattie (and Junior Mints) yum
Smarties good
Sour Patch Kids no thanks
Whoppers good

Worst

Almond Joy eewww
Dum Dums ick
Everlasting Gobstopper only when I was a kid
Milk Duds too chewy
Milky Way (and 3 Musketeers) yum
Twizzlers I'd rather chew on a plastic cord. Oh wait that's what they are
I just ate a bite sized 3 Musketeers and how dare you !!!!

it’s like chocolate mousse covered in chocolate
Mmmm

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Beach’s Autumn Mix

iconic

pumpkins & candy corn with both yellow $ brown base

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Candy corn is made with real honey so they are actually healthy for you