OT: What Is Your Take On Candy Corn?

What Is Your Take On Candy Corn?

• Total voters

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Candy corn is pretty nasty, but it doesn't hold a candle on the nasty scale to this crap:

Peanut-Butter-Kisses-Wrappers_GH_content_550px.JPG

Much like candy corn those things, whatever they are called, were an automatic throwaway from my trick or treat bag. Couldn't even trade them with other kids at school the next day. Nobody at all liked them. Not sure why people even gave them out.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Candy corn is pretty nasty, but it doesn't hold a candle on the nasty scale to this crap:

Much like candy corn those things, whatever they are called, were an automatic throwaway from my trick or treat bag. Couldn't even trade them with other kids at school the next day. Nobody at all liked them. Not sure why people even gave them out.

The ones with peanut butter in the middle or the cream filled ones? I actually didn’t mind eating either but I was a sugar hound as a kid, not sure I would eat them now.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

This shit is the absolute worst

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
The worst thing about Halloween is, of course, candy corn. It's unbelievable to me. Candy corn is the only candy in the history of America that's never been advertised. And there's a reason. All of the candy corn that was ever made was made in 1911. And so, since nobody eats that stuff, every year there's a ton of it left over. And the candy corn company sends the guys to the villages and they collect out of the dumpsters all the candy corn we've thrown away. They wash it!! They wash it!

I'll never forget the first time my mother gave me candy corn. She said, "Here - Lewis, this is candy corn. It's corn that tastes like candy". [high pitched sound] This tastes like crap! And every year since then, Halloween has returned and I, like an Alzhiemer's patient, find myself in the room, and the room has a big table in it, and on the table is a bowl of candy corn. And I look at it as if I've never seen it before. "Candy corn", I think. "Corn that tastes like candy. I can't wait". Son of a *****!!

-- comedian Lewis Black, from The Daily Show

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
I loved them as a kid because I'd set them up as cones and race my matchbox cars around them. I am nonplussed by them now. I'll eat them if they are in front of me, but wouldn't get up from my seat if that was required.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I will say when did they come out with these delightful caramel M&Ms ?

The Bride bought Halloween candy. You know those bags that have a mixture of bars? As is my bad habit I found the stash and broke into it.
While digging for a couple of Snickers I came upon these M&Ms.
Typically I can take them or leave them.
But nay nay. Not these new to me caramel ones.
Yes, Ive eaten them all . Now must replace.
Love caramel.

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bought 5 bags of candy at Shaws this afternoon

They all had something in common (I like and will eat my share)

Mounds
M&M’s plain
Kit Kat
Reece’s Cup
Three Musketeers

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I will say when did they come out with these delightful caramel M&Ms ?

The Bride bought Halloween candy. You know those bags that have a mixture of bars? As is my bad habit I found the stash and broke into it.
While digging for a couple of Snickers I came upon these M&Ms.
Typically I can take them or leave them.
But nay nay. Not these new to me caramel ones.
Yes, Ive eaten them all . Now must replace.
Love caramel.
Hmmm sounds interesting- I will check tomorrow I could go for those as well

Wally back in the 60’s what did your mother get - mine always got Baby Ruth & Butterfingers

I can’t remember what else - I think Charleston chews and Hershey with almonds

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Hmmm sounds interesting- I will check tomorrow I could go for those as well

Wally back in the 60’s what did your mother get - mine always got Baby Ruth & Butterfingers

I can’t remember what else - I think Charleston chews and Hershey with almonds

Hershey bars and Almond Joy. Mainly because my dad liked those.
We never got many kids.
Even though in Arlington we were on a dirt road directly across from an old peat bog.
This time of year it would fill with fog. Scared most kids away.
But we set it on fire every November. It would flood and great skating. Could put my skates on the front porch and walk right onto the ice.
Thorndike St.
Actual picture. House in background.
1BCCBBE1-69A8-4BD7-A804-2F5AFE3A73EE.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad