Virginia
Nah, it's not a problem... assuming the problem is "not enough scotch"

yahochu1.jpg

Reactions: tsujimoto74

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Balvenie is a bit dear for what it provides, but people keep paying them, so why shouldn't they. Glenmorangie 18 I found for under 100 recently and is just impossibly smooth, a whole level away from Balvenie or Glenlivet or even Dalwhinnie 15 I daresay. Sometimes you're just in the mood for a bag of peat and smoke and that's when the Talisker comes out. Ardbeg may be a bit over the top.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Balvenie is a bit dear for what it provides, but people keep paying them, so why shouldn't they. Glenmorangie 18 I found for under 100 recently and is just impossibly smooth, a whole level away from Balvenie or Glenlivet or even Dalwhinnie 15 I daresay. Sometimes you're just in the mood for a bag of peat and smoke and that's when the Talisker comes out. Ardbeg may be a bit over the top.

That's a great deal for an 18 year. Aged scotches are so good (but so expensive!).
I'm not big on especially peaty scotches myself. I tend to like ones that hit strongest on briny or caramel flavors. Most important thing is a smooth finish, though.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Found an alcohol free spirit called spark today, it was expensive enough to taste good at least. Have to wait for the next game to use it but it is supposedly bitter and slightly painful due to the amount of chili.
Should go well with the Sabres.

Reactions: Batrous

Batrous

May 4, 2016
I had to stop drinking it because of doctors orders. Apparently very strong booze and diabetes do not mix well at all.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
I pretty much stopped drinking like 2 years ago. Costs outweigh the benefits by too big of a margin. I'm a big seltzer guy now though. Generally go with the fancier brands but sometimes I slum it and buy the Wegmans stuff.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Never much of an alcohol guy...
Drank one drink last year
I never liked beer
Earlier it was wine & vodka
Or cocktails
Few years back at a film festival I discovered that Averna has a very nice effect on me & when I drink its my first choice.
Major depression& mood swings don't mix well with wine I figured.
But right know being in Sicily I might try an Averna or Cynar both being Italian bitter liquers.
Its almost medicine ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad