OT: What is this team making you drink?

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Check out these channels

Whiskey Vault
Whiskey Tribe

Its a shame you can't buy liquor at the Costco in Roch, they have good deals out here on spirits.

I'm actually living in St. Louis these days, and you can get liquor at the Costco here!

BTW, if any of you beer-drinkers ever find yourselves in the area, do yourself a favor and check out Side Project brewery. It's a shame they don't ship out of state, so you can't get their beer anywhere else (at least not commercially), because it's hands-down the best beer I've ever had. They're particularly well-known for their sours, but they also make a mean stout. I know I'm gonna sound like a snob for talking about "mouthfeel," but you know how most stouts are kind of viscous and leave your mouth feeling sort of dry and sticky? Not Side Project's. It drinks like a porch beer.

Reactions: Chainshot

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014

I actually am on a Gin & Tonic binge for the last year or so....but the above image is the going to be the Sabres new 50th anniversary logo.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
That's a very nice Scotch. I've recently been enjoying a 15 year Dalwhinnie... cheap, but solid.

Fun scotch story.... I was recently on a business trip and was having one of "those" evenings in the hotel bar. I ordered my go to 10 yr Macallan and as she poured my 2ozs neat, I noticed the bottle was almost empty... we made eye contact and she topped off my drink and tossed the bottle. The weather in Houston that night was terrible, tropical storm like with flood warnings and power outages... the power had already gone out and in the hotel twice, and the generators were keeping the party going. For whatever reason I decided to step out on the porte-cochere and take in the storm. After a few minutes I went back in and went to finish my drink (that I'd walked outside with), and it was full of mosquitos/flies. Unbeknownst to me, they enjoy scotch, especially when they are hiding from the rain, I guess.

I took my sullied drink to the bar, and before I could explain what happened, the bartender saw the flies, gasped, dumped it out, and poured me 6 ozs of the 15 year on the house ;)

You made out well there. Kind of a similar story: Was at a whiskey bar with some friends. First round, some of us ordered 1-oz pours, some 2. We get our glasses, and some of the 1- and 2-oz pours look identical, so one of the guys flags down the waiter to complain (he thought he got shorted). Bartender comes and takes our drinks and repours them, this time actually measuring. Everybody got glasses back with a lot less whiskey in them. A somber sadness falls over the table. We totally played ourselves. But then the bartender comes back a minute later and tops us all off again, while giving a short lecture about not asking him to measure. :laugh:

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
If you enjoy your beer as a dessert

img_78111.jpg

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
I was getting pretty big into the IPA’s until my wife and I did the keto diet for a little over 4 months last year. Now, I can’t stand any type of beer. It’s so weird.

I’m all about the spiked seltzer’s these days (I know). But I keep my pinky tight to the can.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Night Shift Santilli IPA is unbeatable.

Ballast point sculpins (all but the habanero one) are rock solid.

Rohrbach space kitty never lets down.

I'm an IPA snob sadly.

Space Kitty is great.

My beer tastes vary a bit throughout the year with seasonals, but I generally like session and/or citrus based IPAs, plus lighter ales.

I usually go for the make your own 6 pack at Wegmans, but I might need to get a 6 of Big Ditch's Beautiful River or Great Lakes' Holy Moses White Ale. 2 of my favorites in the summer.

Reactions: DJN21

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
I was introduced to Beam, Beam, and coke by Wyo from the old Sabres boards.

The Sabres have done their part of insuring that I will harm my liver, as I continue to imbibe this delicacy....:thumbu:

0_0_orig.jpg

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
That's a very nice Scotch. I've recently been enjoying a 15 year Dalwhinnie... cheap, but solid.

Fun scotch story.... I was recently on a business trip and was having one of "those" evenings in the hotel bar. I ordered my go to 10 yr Macallan and as she poured my 2ozs neat, I noticed the bottle was almost empty... we made eye contact and she topped off my drink and tossed the bottle. The weather in Houston that night was terrible, tropical storm like with flood warnings and power outages... the power had already gone out and in the hotel twice, and the generators were keeping the party going. For whatever reason I decided to step out on the porte-cochere and take in the storm. After a few minutes I went back in and went to finish my drink (that I'd walked outside with), and it was full of mosquitos/flies. Unbeknownst to me, they enjoy scotch, especially when they are hiding from the rain, I guess.

I took my sullied drink to the bar, and before I could explain what happened, the bartender saw the flies, gasped, dumped it out, and poured me 6 ozs of the 15 year on the house ;)

You are like a verse about running away with the bartender away from this being a country song.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
My favorite drink, when I have the time to make it, is an old fashioned. This is my recipe of choice because its somewhat simple.

Billy Sunday’s Old Fashioned Recipe is Totally Doable at Home

Ends up being pretty hard to mess up, even though i don't often have the rocks ice that goes well with it. The Amaro can be a bit annoying to find, but a well stocked liquor store should have it.

As beers go, A good dank IPA or Wheat beer in the summer. A nice brown ale or stout in the late fall/winter.

If were sharing stories, my grandfather used to make Manhattan’s in a water cooler container. He tended bar at the fire hall where he was a member, and on the end of the bar was a multi gallon glass water jug with the little Spicket dispenser full of Manhattans. When I was a kid like under the age of 10, my grandparents would host parties, I would be sent to fetch Manhattans in plastic pitchers at the hall up the street. My father found the recipe after my grandfather passed away and we both have this idea at some future family event that we are going to follow the recipe and make and hands for everyone.

I'm actually living in St. Louis these days, and you can get liquor at the Costco here!

BTW, if any of you beer-drinkers ever find yourselves in the area, do yourself a favor and check out Side Project brewery. It's a shame they don't ship out of state, so you can't get their beer anywhere else (at least not commercially), because it's hands-down the best beer I've ever had. They're particularly well-known for their sours, but they also make a mean stout. I know I'm gonna sound like a snob for talking about "mouthfeel," but you know how most stouts are kind of viscous and leave your mouth feeling sort of dry and sticky? Not Side Project's. It drinks like a porch beer.

I’m supposed to be in the St. Louis area sometime in August if everything breaks the way that I wanted to financially. I’ll have to suggest that place to my friends when we are there.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse

Well-written prose...

You are like a verse about running away with the bartender away from this being a country song.
I'm thinking more Warren Zevon Lawyers, Guns, and Money.

Actually, the next verse is about how I tried for hours to get Uber eats to deliver Denny's in the middle of a tropical storm/flood...
definite candidate for the Bullwer-Lytton prize...

I'll be back in Buffalo in June, July, August, Sept., & October. Will have to hunt some up!! Friend of the family used to be one of the head honchos with Hasek's Heroes. Don't know if he's still involved or not.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Well-written prose...

I'm thinking more Warren Zevon Lawyers, Guns, and Money.

definite candidate for the Bullwer-Lytton prize...

I'll be back in Buffalo in June, July, August, Sept., & October. Will have to hunt some up!! Friend of the family used to be one of the head honchos with Hasek's Heroes. Don't know if he's still involved or not.

I googled...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->