OT: What is this team making you drink?

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Expanding this beyond Chain's call for a beer and whiskey thread to drinks of all sorts (even ones that are clearly inferior to beer and whiskey :D)

I'll get things started with this bottle I received as a graduation gift last week:
IMG-4406.jpg

ETA: For anyone who's about to tell me I need to dust that shelf, don't worry. I did as soon as I saw how bad it looked in the pic above lol (although some of that is just the paint chipping).

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
I don't think it has anything to do with the team, but I recently discovered that I prefer a good black loose leaf tea over coffee in the morning. I don't drink stuff with alcohol.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I admit to being pretty cheap on my beverage choices lately. I hope to start gathering a collection again at some point this year.

I tend to go cheap lately with Dan Armor Cuvée Spéciale Cidré Poire or Trade Joe's store label Morgado port.

One of the local pizzerias also has a few taps, they have a bourbon barrel aged red that I have enjoyed a few times in the last semester too. I don't remember the name though....

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
I don't really drink anymore but basically just watching hockey in general goes well with a puff of two of the non-nicotine vape pen variety

:bee:

Last edited by a moderator:

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I was going to say Not The Kool-Aid but you beat me to it.
First team in history to be 31st overall and the next season had a historic collapse. And here we are in May talking about them. If we were honest with ourselves, we are all drinking the kool aide.

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
First team in history to be 31st overall and the next season had a historic collapse. And here we are in May talking about them. If we were honest with ourselves, we are all drinking the kool aide.
I chime occasionally but am not as avid of a fan as I used to be. Between Murray and Botterill, I have lost a lot of faith in this organization.

Last edited by a moderator:

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
My favorite drink, when I have the time to make it, is an old fashioned. This is my recipe of choice because its somewhat simple.

Billy Sunday’s Old Fashioned Recipe is Totally Doable at Home

Ends up being pretty hard to mess up, even though i don't often have the rocks ice that goes well with it. The Amaro can be a bit annoying to find, but a well stocked liquor store should have it.

As beers go, A good dank IPA or Wheat beer in the summer. A nice brown ale or stout in the late fall/winter.

Reactions: Chainshot

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Expanding this beyond Chain's call for a beer and whiskey thread to drinks of all sorts (even ones that are clearly inferior to beer and whiskey :D)

I'll get things started with this bottle I received as a graduation gift last week:
IMG-4406.jpg

ETA: For anyone who's about to tell me I need to dust that shelf, don't worry. I did as soon as I saw how bad it looked in the pic above lol (although some of that is just the paint chipping).

That's a very nice Scotch. I've recently been enjoying a 15 year Dalwhinnie... cheap, but solid.

Fun scotch story.... I was recently on a business trip and was having one of "those" evenings in the hotel bar. I ordered my go to 10 yr Macallan and as she poured my 2ozs neat, I noticed the bottle was almost empty... we made eye contact and she topped off my drink and tossed the bottle. The weather in Houston that night was terrible, tropical storm like with flood warnings and power outages... the power had already gone out and in the hotel twice, and the generators were keeping the party going. For whatever reason I decided to step out on the porte-cochere and take in the storm. After a few minutes I went back in and went to finish my drink (that I'd walked outside with), and it was full of mosquitos/flies. Unbeknownst to me, they enjoy scotch, especially when they are hiding from the rain, I guess.

I took my sullied drink to the bar, and before I could explain what happened, the bartender saw the flies, gasped, dumped it out, and poured me 6 ozs of the 15 year on the house ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad