What is the single dumbest thing the NHL has done since the lockout?

Stonewall

Jan 14, 2013
Reebok Edge is up there, but that has fixed itself for the most part.

Signing an exclusive TV contract with NBC in the US is also up there. Meanwhile the other three leagues are all over TV. Everything the NHL has done TV-related has been pretty bad. I mean they started on the OLN channel lol.

eyetest is useless

Oct 25, 2014
you mean in terms of business or entertainment?

People hate shootouts but I dont think it has hurt NHL revenue

also people like to reebok edge as an easy scapegoat for their teams ****ing up their jersey designs

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
The shootout takes it for me. It was fun for a while, now it's really annoying that a skills competition decides who wins the game. I don't understand why teams that go at least to OT are guaranteed a loser point.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
The Rogers TV contract.

I don't know what's with the NHL and giving all the national rights to one broadcaster.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Conference/New dividion changes with more teams in the eastern conference. This is so stupid and i'm surprise that some of the owners (flyers, bruins, leafs, etc. )are not complaining about it.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Zero tolerance on obstruction then letting it revert. We need to go back to ZT so that marginal players that have difficulty skating and playing hockey are sent back to whence they came.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
The trapezoid is far worse than shootouts to me. I love watching goalies play the puck.

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
Putting playoff games on USA network in the states is up there for me. I can't be the only one who had a "what the hell is this" reaction.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Not sure if all of these were implemented post lock out but...

Instigator penalty.

Puck over the Glass Penalty.

Mandatory visor.

Penalty for taking helmet off during fighting.

Department of Player Safety

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
Changing all the draft rules to what they will be next year :shakehead

Just keep it the way it is now and put a cap on how many first overall pick's you can have in a given period of time.

Just give it time. Teams will get screwed by that system. And not just teams that are "milking the system". Teams that are actually that bad and need the BPA.

Probably not the dumbest. Just something that sticks out in my mind.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Putting playoff games on USA network in the states is up there for me. I can't be the only one who had a "what the hell is this" reaction.

i like it better than CNBC ( last year). it sucks that you have to hunt down which channel each game is on but I understand why they do it.

last night the habs/sens was on USA ( which is just another subsidary of NBC) and I suspect that the mere act of people flipping channels towards TBS that some people might have been exposed to it.

if its not straight broadast NBC, USA is likely the next best to draw peepers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad