Prospect Info: What is the future for Slovak Prospect Trio?

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
We are lucky to get one player out of these three.

Roman's stats in the WHL this year is pathetic. Next step KHL and never see again.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Looks like Ruzicka is having an OK first year in the AHL statswise. Not great, not bad, just OK
What's happening with Pospisil?
Roman looks like a bust already.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Looks like Ruzicka is having an OK first year in the AHL statswise. Not great, not bad, just OK
What's happening with Pospisil?
Roman looks like a bust already.

Pospisil got hurt. Ruzicka has had a decently successful year like we saw from Gawdin and Phillips last year. Mang the year before

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Milos Roman is out. But Pospisil and Ruzicka... They could have a future in Flames jersey. When will we see this guys in NHL?
Ruzicka seems like he could be an early call-up in case of injury, and will definitely be given a long look in next years camp if he keeps his play up. The org is high on him and had him at the bubble last year so he seems like an obvious candidate for 4th line centre if Ryan leaves.

Pospisil is interesting since he seems to keep scoring (PPG in AHL last I checked) but also is a dumbass with the way he plays. I wouldn't be surprised if he has to clean up his act before getting a shot with the club and I doubt he's high up on the call-up order, though he is playing centre. Still feels like more of a long-shot imo but plays good in front of the net and is gritty so who knows. Maybe 2022-23 for Pospisil or a try-out to end 2021-22?

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Ruzicka seems like he could be an early call-up in case of injury, and will definitely be given a long look in next years camp if he keeps his play up. The org is high on him and had him at the bubble last year so he seems like an obvious candidate for 4th line centre if Ryan leaves.

Pospisil is interesting since he seems to keep scoring (PPG in AHL last I checked) but also is a dumbass with the way he plays. I wouldn't be surprised if he has to clean up his act before getting a shot with the club and I doubt he's high up on the call-up order, though he is playing centre. Still feels like more of a long-shot imo but plays good in front of the net and is gritty so who knows. Maybe 2022-23 for Pospisil or a try-out to end 2021-22?
I mean Pospisil has always been a high PIM guy. He has never finished a season with less than a 4 PIM/game average. If we can reign in the less necessary ones and still keep him as a rough and tumble guy, I'd love it.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Obviously the Flames like pospisil’s game
He has always been like that

I dont think we own Roman anymore

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
I mean Pospisil has always been a high PIM guy. He has never finished a season with less than a 4 PIM/game average. If we can reign in the less necessary ones and still keep him as a rough and tumble guy, I'd love it.
It's not about getting rid of the rough and tumble, it's about getting rid of headshots and other dangerous, unnecessary plays that could turn him into a liability. He's projecting to be a bottom 6 guy if he makes the NHL and having someone in that role take runs at guys, and put the team down with penalties won't fly. That's where he's got to reign it in.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
It's not about getting rid of the rough and tumble, it's about getting rid of headshots and other dangerous, unnecessary plays that could turn him into a liability. He's projecting to be a bottom 6 guy if he makes the NHL and having someone in that role take runs at guys, and put the team down with penalties won't fly. That's where he's got to reign it in.
I like a physical bottom 6. He'll definitely have to play more disciplined under Sutter but I think there's a better shot at him replacing Bennett's role, should he get taken in expansion, than Ruzicka playing 4th line. I think they see Ruzicka as more of top 9/middle 6 and may not want to introduce him in a 4th line role. I also question whether the road to the NHL is at center for either of them. Since Ruzicka has decent speed, size that Sutter covets and is a RHS, I could see him getting a shot higher in the lineup as a RW.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad