Prospect Info: What is the future for Slovak Prospect Trio?

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
Ruzicka - 4 goals tonight. He's got 22 goals in 28 games since a trade from Sarnia. 33 goals, 74 points in 63 games this season.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Ruzicka - 4 goals tonight. He's got 22 goals in 28 games since a trade from Sarnia. 33 goals, 74 points in 63 games this season.

His offensive talent and size will get him into the NHL pretty readily, I just hope his compete level grows as he gets more mature.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
1. Pospisil
2. Ruzicka
3. Roman

I think you hope 1 guy becomes an NHL regular.

I think Pospisil could become a good bottom 6 guy, we could certainly use his grit although he’s gotta stop taking stupid penalties. Ruzicka gives me a Jankowski vibe. Roman seems to be pretty vanilla and I think the league is moving more to a pure skill game.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Looking at it a little more, this is how I would rank them:

1. Ruzicka: will definitely play pro hockey, almost positive he will play in the NHL and be a serviceable middle six forward. Best of the three so far.
  2. Pospisil: roughly the same upside as Ruzicka. Having a great year in the USHL. Not as proven as Ruzicka, earlier in his development. Still, better than 50 percent odds that he makes the NHL as a second or third line centre.
  3. Roman: likely no NHL upside, but he will be a good AHLer.

As someone who has seen Ruzicka live multiple times... i do not see an NHL player.

Reactions: MonyontheMoney

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Meh... don't have particularly high hopes for any of them. They're not exactly blowing their peers out of the water in competition.
Will be extremely happy if one out of the three breaks into the Flames lineup as a bottom 6 player. Prognosis not good.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Ruzicka probably has the most raw skill out of the three, but man, it looks like he couldn’t care less the majority of the time he’s on the ice.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Ruzicka probably has the most raw skill out of the three, but man, it looks like he couldn’t care less the majority of the time he’s on the ice.
You aren't wrong. Honestly, I think Pospisil has the best chance at making it of the three. Ruzicka definitely has the skill, but Pospisil has a motor and a determination that kind of reminds me of Hathaway. He'll for sure only ever be a 4th liner (re: first liner on Edmonton, but that's about it), but that isn't a bad thing, especially not for a 4th round pick.

lostinwarsaw

A Slovak living in Belgium
Feb 26, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Ruzicka cares more about how he looks on the ice than how the actual outcome is. This has been his attitude since he played in the Czech Republic. Roman is a jack of all trades type player. Pospisil will be a good 3 or 4 liner.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Flames' Adam Ruzicka: Inks entry-level deal

Ruzicka signed to an ELC.

I keep hearing how much he doesn't care but he was our best skater in games 1 & 4 of the Ottawa series. Played very well and was consistent down the stretch. Killed some penalties and backchecking was noticeable. His shot is unreal and if his skating improves a bit you might have a nice secondary scoring middle six winger on your hands.

Wish him the best.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Good...never hurt to sign a prospect

But base on what I have seen, unless he grows up, he makes Sean Monahan looks like a tough hard working guy...lol

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Milos Roman still without contract? Could he be drafted again?
Roman was drafted in 2018 so the Flames have until June 1st 2020 to sign him. Can't re-enter the draft until after that should the Flames not want to sign him.

But Treliving did speak highly of him in one of his post season interviews. Called him cerebral I believe. So, should be a safe bet for a contract unless he regresses next season.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Roman was drafted in 2018 so the Flames have until June 1st 2020 to sign him. Can't re-enter the draft until after that should the Flames not want to sign him.

But Treliving did speak highly of him in one of his post season interviews. Called him cerebral I believe. So, should be a safe bet for a contract unless he regresses next season.

But he said in recent interview, that there is time period of 3 months.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

Despite faintly speaking some Hungarian (that’s generous lol), the languages are not at all similar, so I can’t understand a single word of that article, and I doubt we have any slovak speakers here either :laugh:

Anyway, teams have about 2 years for chl players to sign before they re-enter the draft, and 4 years for NCAA players (Roman is the former), so the article is wrong in that regard.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Strictly based on stats, Roman makes Johnny look like a playoff performer....so thing may have gone sour with him

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site

Maybe he's planning to play professionally in Europe next season if he doesn't have a contract to play in the AHL for next season. That would explain a 3-month time range prior to Euro leagues training camps starting.

If he goes back to the CHL next year, he would count against a team's overage limit and european player limit. CHL teams generally don't like using two of those spots on 1 player.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Milos Roman is in WHL.

But how about the other duo? Martin Pospisil and Adam Ruzicka? Do they their job good enough to be a real NHL prospects?
They're both in their first year pro, so I'd say yes. They both definitely need AHL seasoning but I see Pospisil as a 4th line energy guy (basically a Hathaway type guy. Good enough to be a full time NHL'er, but in limited minutes as an agitator). Ruzicka is definitely more intriguing. As it is right now, I could see him pushing for Janko's spot, but figure he won't be in for a serious push until next year. His biggest issue in juniors was consistency, so some time in the AHL would definitely allow him to develop more in the pro mindset where you need to be consistent.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Franchise players lol

Honestly, idk. I’d say there is a chance one of them ends up a decent bottom 6 player, but I wouldn’t guarantee anything. I’d bet on pospisil given his size tbh.
Maybe they form a line we tag the: 'Slo-Slackers' and blow right by or through the opponents? Although they are left-hand shots and Centers ( by position played regularly) I could see them hitting a ceiling of 2nd-line, more likely 3rd but probably only if some top core players now are gone in 2 years.
More likely I win the next 8-figure lottery and I buy my own team of Slackers!
Ha, ha,ha, hee, hee. Go Team Slow, Go!

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I like Ruzicka's game. Good hands, good shot, decent vision. Thought he competed hard in the rookie camp. Could see an NHL future there but he's got a ways to go.

Pospisil is decent but I don't see anything other than spot duty callup or at best a 4th line energy guy.

Roman screams Europe bound. Good at everything, but not really good enough.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
How long will Pospisil rest?

How do you like the game of Adam Ruzicka?

I mean, it's not resting, it's CTE. He's out with an 'upper body', but his brain got scrambled. As long as he has to sit out.

From what I read: Adam Ruzicka had an injury and since coming back has been pretty good. He's a secondary piece on a top team in the AHL. First year pro, hoping he can continue to develop. All three of these Slovak prospects are quite raw. Ruzicka probably needs 2 more years in the AHL, same for Pospisil. Who knows if Roman even makes it that far.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I mean, it's not resting, it's CTE. He's out with an 'upper body', but his brain got scrambled. As long as he has to sit out.

From what I read: Adam Ruzicka had an injury and since coming back has been pretty good. He's a secondary piece on a top team in the AHL. First year pro, hoping he can continue to develop. All three of these Slovak prospects are quite raw. Ruzicka probably needs 2 more years in the AHL, same for Pospisil. Who knows if Roman even makes it that far.

Roman's year has been pretty disappointing thus far. 4th on his team in scoring despite being 20 and being a much better leader scoring wise for the team last year. I'm not sure he's going to be tendered an ELC at this rate.

Reactions: super6646

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad