what is the best game you have ever watched?

Once

Jul 16, 2010
2010 Olympic Gold game. Was nice to see Canada come together, for once.

I'd also have to say Ottawa vs Philly in March 2004, 'the brawl'. Those are just a few.

Goonface2k14

Nov 25, 2009
Maple Leaf Gardens
First game that came to mind for me was Leafs-Kings 1993 WCF game 6 at the Great Western Forum. A playoff game, so it doesn't fit your rules, but that was a game for the ages.

And yes, it ended terribly, but I've never felt so great after a goal than when Clark flew in off the bench as the extra attacker, took a perfect feed from Dougie and ripped his patented blistering wrist shot behind Kelly Hrudey for the hat trick, to tie the game up.

In that moment, it started to feel like we were going to the Cup finals (until Kerry Fraser closed his eyes to referee OT, and the rest is history).

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Was this the game Mario had like 4 goals and Gretzky like 5 points? And where makarov and larionov where almost as awesome? If so, yes the most amazing game ever by far

Yeah I don't remember the numbers exactly but that was the one. Double OT after the soviets tied it up just before the end of regulation, Gretzky was so tired he peed his pants before he could take his equipment off in the dressing room after the game, just an amazing game.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018

2015 Prague Powerhouse, Canada annihilates Russia 6-1 on route to its first IIHF WC Gold since 2007.

Jordan

Sep 8, 2007
Dec. 30, 1989. I was a tiny 5 years old, my extended family were having a late Christmas get-together.

The Leafs were playing the Bruins on Hockey Night in Canada and my uncle was a diehard Bruins fan. So as the Bruins went up 3-1... 4-1... 5-1... 6-1... (in the 2nd period, no less) The heckling got more and more intense.

The Leafs scored goals in bunches back then, but they were even better at giving up them up. The defence was porous and the goaltending duo was Allan Bester and Mark LaForest, so was that um, less than ideal.

The defence was brutal and Bester did himself no favours on this night. Doug Carpenter wouldn't pull him, though, because the Leafs were playing an exhibition SuperSeries game the next night against Dynamo Moscow and LaForest was starting that one.

The Gardens was dead, but some life came as the Leafs made it 6-2. Then in the 3rd period, 6-3. 6-4. 6-5 and by god, 6-6.

Wendel jammed one past Andy Moog to give the Leafs a 7-6 OT win and I let my uncle have all of my best 5-year old chirps.

Couldn't have been more excited to recently find this game on the YouTube machine.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Idk if its the best game but in the 12/13 season watching us destroy the habs 6-0 while also kicking their ashes was very satisfying game.

The game where Colton Orr and Frazer McLaren punched out the Habs, I agree, that was a very entertaining game.

I believe the Habs got Perros because of that game.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Soviet Union beating Canada 8-1 in the Canada Cup final in 1981. Everybody thought Canada would crush the Russians after they had lost to the US with college players in the 1980 Olympic.

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
1981. I beat my friend Geoff 8-7 playing Intellivision NHL Hockey as the away team.
Didn't have a new version of the game come out every year back then and that's how we liked it.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
If we're just doing regular season games:
- Sundin 500th goal game
- Lemieux first game back from retirement vs the Leafs
- Matthews 4 goal debut
- 16/17 playoff clinching game vs Pittsburgh
- The early '00s bench-clearing brawl game vs Philly

Atrusai

Oct 9, 2017
All the old games have blurred in my mind so I'll have to go with Matthews 4 goal debut.

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
For me it is a tie between sundin's hatty for this 500th goal and the leafs coming back from three goals to eliminate the habs with a 6-5 win in 07. Also, please try not to post playoff games as those are a different beast in itself!
New Year's Eve Game - Canadians vs Red Army

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I was lucky enough to have seen Mats Sundin's 500th goal live and in person, so that would be my favorite experience of seeing a game at Scotiabank Arena.

Now among games I have watched on TV these would be my favorites.

Auston Matthews 4 goal debut
Their 81st regular season game of 2017 when they clinched a playoff spot
Game 4 against Senators when they swept them in 2001
Game 7 against Islanders and Senators in 2002
Game 7 against Senators in 2004
6-5 Overtime comeback win against the Sabres in 2004 that was played in Buffalo when they were losing 5-2 in the 3rd period
5-4 Overtime comeback win against the Senators in 2004 that was played in Ottawa
2016-2017 Home opener against Boston when Mitch Marner scored his 1st NHL goal and all the previous honored numbers were retired along with retiring Dave Keon's #14
2014 Winter Classic shootout win against Detroit
2017 Centennial Classic overtime win against Detroit

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Dec. 30, 1989. I was a tiny 5 years old, my extended family were having a late Christmas get-together.

The Leafs were playing the Bruins on Hockey Night in Canada and my uncle was a diehard Bruins fan. So as the Bruins went up 3-1... 4-1... 5-1... 6-1... (in the 2nd period, no less) The heckling got more and more intense.

The Leafs scored goals in bunches back then, but they were even better at giving up them up. The defence was porous and the goaltending duo was Allan Bester and Mark LaForest, so was that um, less than ideal.

The defence was brutal and Bester did himself no favours on this night. Doug Carpenter wouldn't pull him, though, because the Leafs were playing an exhibition SuperSeries game the next night against Dynamo Moscow and LaForest was starting that one.

The Gardens was dead, but some life came as the Leafs made it 6-2. Then in the 3rd period, 6-3. 6-4. 6-5 and by god, 6-6.

Wendel jammed one past Andy Moog to give the Leafs a 7-6 OT win and I let my uncle have all of my best 5-year old chirps.

Couldn't have been more excited to recently find this game on the YouTube machine.

I was sitting in the end Blues for that one above the Boston net in the third. That's a memorable one for me as well.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
2002 Mens gold medal final Canada-U.S.

Nothing like watching it in Spanish from our hotel room in Mazatlan. ESPN had college basketball on while that game was on. sigh.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Some of those playoff games against the Capitals were pretty amazing.

I think there was one where Kapanen scored in double OT was really good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad