What is Ivan Provorov

Bobby Orr's Knees

Dec 17, 2002
Where it hurts most
Visit site
Ivan Provorov is what I've been waiting for since I started really following hockey in the early '70s. I played defense and Bobby Orr was my favorite player (even though I hated the Bruins with a passion) and I've been waiting for the Flyers to have their own home-grown superstar defenseman. Provorov is it (or soon will be). Just amazing that he's only 19.
I said something similar on the main board -Provorov has his own thread with glowing praise. Despite his lacking stats (we all know why they are lacking) and mediocre scoring. People are amazed by this kid. Makes me so darn nervous. When you see that potential, you get nervous about it actually happening.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I said something similar on the main board -Provorov has his own thread with glowing praise. Despite his lacking stats (we all know why they are lacking) and mediocre scoring. People are amazed by this kid. Makes me so darn nervous. When you see that potential, you get nervous about it actually happening.

Tbf in regards to his scoring, he is on pace for 35 points, here is the list of Dmen who have been draft+2 or younger since the lockout who have paced for that:

Ekblad
Trouba
Karlsson
Fowler
Myers
Doughty
Del Zotto
Johnson
Meszaros

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

Well, he'll never score like Orr or Karlsson but he's reminding me more and more of Doughty. Which I could probably live with... :sarcasm:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Yeah his production is great for a junior aged defenseman. Not sure he can keep it up with the minutes he is playing now, but so far so good. I thought 25-30 would be a good number before the season. If he hits that and continues to log the minutes, that would be great.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Reaching 30 this season while PP2 continues to do nothing would be a huge accomplishment.

These are the main PP2 guys so far, but I think Streit has probably got half his PPP in his stints with the top unit.

Streit - 6 points in 73:56
Konecny - 3 points in 61:57
Provy - 2 points in 61:54
Read - 2 points in 34:37
Cousins - 2 points in 37:18
Couturier - 1 point in 36:25
Weise - 1 point in in 39:25

Last edited:

Phunhog

Jul 18, 2007
People say he's like a robot, so I guess he's Ivan Robocop :dunno:

DSC03848.JPG

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
The 21 who said he was a 6 should be relegated to only reading posts.:shakehead We should be allowed to see who voted for him at six. It had to be trolls.

It was a joke because of the typo that said $6

And you can see who voted for what by clicking on the number. For example, you'll see my name next to "$6" because I couldn't help myself.

Patrick Division

Jan 13, 2008
NJ
The 21 who said he was a 6 should be relegated to only reading posts.:shakehead We should be allowed to see who voted for him at six. It had to be trolls.

You can see who voted...click the number 21 or any of the numbers in that column.

Some people definitely underestimated Provorov in this poll. (NOT the joke 6 dollar people)

Last edited:

ELab2

Apr 9, 2007
Atlantic City
Interesting that Bill Meltzer on twitter paraphrases Ghost as saying "No way Provy goes through next yr what I did this yr. So smooth, so mature, so confident. Makes me look bad."

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Did anybody see the post by a Maple Leafs fan on Twitter when responding to a poll about trading JVR for a dman???

He mentioned about sending him back to Philly and "wondered" what they had to add to get Provorov.

Sorry bro...he's an untouchable, an ACTUAL untouchable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad