What is Ivan Provorov

Branko

Jul 5, 2011
on WIP this morning they ran a poll on who will be the biggest star in Philly sports in 5 years. The obvious ones were picked 1-3 (Wentz, Embiid, Simmons), but Morganti was adamant that it will be Provorov (who came in 4th) hands down.

Definitely excited about this kid.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
on WIP this morning they ran a poll on who will be the biggest star in Philly sports in 5 years. The obvious ones were picked 1-3 (Wentz, Embiid, Simmons), but Morganti was adamant that it will be Provorov (who came in 4th) hands down.

Definitely excited about this kid.

I love WIP

But then I hate them so much. I remember the night we drafted Provorov and Konecny, I called in so excited since we had just drafted a Top 6 player and a #1D future All-Star.

The host didn't know who they were. Not a single clue.

But I bet you call up and talk about whatever loser who is 10th ranked in the NBA draft and they'll know it.

Branko

Jul 5, 2011
I love WIP

But then I hate them so much. I remember the night we drafted Provorov and Konecny, I called in so excited since we had just drafted a Top 6 player and a #1D future All-Star.

But I bet you call up and talk about whatever loser who is 10th ranked in the NBA draft and they'll know it.

Depends on who's on the air. I'm not a fan of Cataldi, but Al Morganti and Keith Jones are usually on the show so there's definitely some hockey knowledge there. Anyone else is worthless.

SaSaShi

Apr 16, 2015
Morganti came out with a piece today claiming provorov is a generational defensive talent....he definitely has all the tools to become one....hope morganti is dead on. I mean boston had its bourque, orr , kings doughty, its high time one arrives in philadelphia.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I love WIP

I vividly remember listening to Gargano a couple years back the night of the 2011 NHL Draft. The NBA draft was the night before but the 6ers didn't have a high pick or anything like that. Anyway, the entire day was devoted to talking about god knows who we drafted last night, and a guy calls in to talk about the NHL draft, and starts talking about picking Dougie Hamilton at #8. He got cut off about 30 seconds in and then mocked, "What are you the guy cousin or something? Nobody knows who any of these guys are!"

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Morganti came out with a piece today claiming provorov is a generational defensive talent....he definitely has all the tools to become one....hope morganti is dead on. I mean boston had its bourque, orr , kings doughty, its high time one arrives in philadelphia.

Generational would mean he's better than Doughty. Doubt it

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

He needs to pump the breaks. He was also criticizing him early in the season questioning whether he was NHL ready. He's a reactionary ghoul.

I would be happy with Provorov being a Suter-type 1D. He doesn't need to be generational.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
He needs to pump the breaks. He was also criticizing him early in the season questioning whether he was NHL ready. He's a reactionary ghoul.

I would be happy with Provorov being a Suter-type 1D. He doesn't need to be generational.

I hate to say it because I like the guy, but Morganti is an idiot. He doesn't really have any idea what he's talking about.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013

Yep, a Suter type would be awesome. I've always been a fan of Suter. A workhorse who can play in any situation. Exactly the kind of player we need.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I vividly remember listening to Gargano a couple years back the night of the 2011 NHL Draft. The NBA draft was the night before but the 6ers didn't have a high pick or anything like that. Anyway, the entire day was devoted to talking about god knows who we drafted last night, and a guy calls in to talk about the NHL draft, and starts talking about picking Dougie Hamilton at #8. He got cut off about 30 seconds in and then mocked, "What are you the guy cousin or something? Nobody knows who any of these guys are!"

By and large, most of the talent on the radio actually revels in the idea that they know nothing about hockey. And because they know nothing, the intelligent fans don't call the radio stations to discuss the sport. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Earlier in the year I called Big Daddy Graham's program and had that conversation with him. Along the lines of there are more and better basketball fans than hockey fans in Philadelphia. But on the average, Flyers fans are better than Sixers fans. (It was last year during the Finals now that I think about it.)

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
I kinda regret voting $6 because it makes him seem like a rent-a-cop

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

So much this. Hyperbole is what comes from his mouth, and he can't see past tomorrow or remember past yesterday.

But calling him a ghoul is the most accurate part. He honest to God looks like the intermediary stage of someone turning into a ghoul from Fallout

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
So much this. Hyperbole is what comes from his mouth, and he can't see past tomorrow or remember past yesterday.

But calling him a ghoul is the most accurate part. He honest to God looks like the intermediary stage of someone turning into a ghoul from Fallout

Lol I am glad i'm not the only one that see this! I have been referring to him as a ghoul for a few years now. His face looks like it is decaying from the eyes on out.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
replacements-1617-PHI-macdoan86-shots.png

This is BAAAAAD. Provorov is literally the only Dman that can even stay sustainable with MacD

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
replacements-1617-PHI-macdoan86-shots.png

This is BAAAAAD. Provorov is literally the only Dman that can even stay sustainable with MacD

And Ghost/MacD is really brutal. Wow, what a difference.

And Provo's shots for stays the same - it's amazing. Only his shots against go way up. Crazy chart.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
And Ghost/MacD is really brutal. Wow, what a difference.

And Provo's shots for stays the same - it's amazing. Only his shots against go way up. Crazy chart.

Everyone that even watched one game with them together knew it was a bad pairing. He completely ignores Ghost in the ozone and then causes both of them to get stuck in the D zone regularly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad