What is Gallagher's ceiling?

habscup*

He scored 19 goals this year at the age of 20-21. Compare that to when Pac was 20-21, he didn't even score 9 goals. Of course Gallagher will be a 25-30 goal guy for years to come, some years more goals than assists and vice versa.

HabsHockey*

He scored 19 goals this year at the age of 20-21. Compare that to when Pac was 20-21, he didn't even score 9 goals. Of course Gallagher will be a 25-30 goal guy for years to come, some years more goals than assists and vice versa.

Comparing players this way makes no sense at all.

Forlando

Nov 14, 2007

This is the best way to wrongly project a player...you are comparing apples and oranges ...totally different players with totally different backgrounds and different development and you are just projecting goals based on age...if it were this simple why do you think we have a scout department?

HabsHockey*

I think it does since they're on similar style teams. And its not a comparison, it just puts into perspective how young Gally is.

They play completely different games and have different attributes. It's not like his gonna become a different player/ 30 goal scorer because he's one year older.

There's been 4-5 30 goal scorers on the Habs in the past 10 years and they were all more talented than Gally.

habscup*

This is the best way to wrongly project a player...you are comparing apples and oranges ...totally different players with totally different backgrounds and different development and you are just projecting goals based on age...if it were this simple why do you think we have a scout department?

Dude, I'm not comparing them as if they're gonna be the same player. I'm just trying to make people realise how young Gally is and that you don't reach your prime at 20. If he's scoring 19 now on a terrible offensive team, you bet your ass he will score 25 goals a year on average if he gets good linemates (ie Galchenyuk develops)

habscup*

They play completely different games and have different attributes. It's not like his gonna become a different player/ 30 goal scorer because he's one year older.

There's been 4-5 30 goal scorers on the Habs in the past 10 years and they were all more talented than Gally.

Alright, he will top at 19 goals folks. Probably will become a 15 goal scorer by next year and then if he's lucky he will crack our 5th line in 2016.

HabsHockey*

Marchand hit 28 and 25 and is older and is on a better offensive team than us. Top of my head Marchand is the best player I can compare him to... and Marchand is more skilled.

habscup*

Marchand hit 28 and 25 and is older and is on a better offensive team than us. Top of my head Marchand is the best player I can compare him to... and Marchand is more skilled.

He's not that much more skilled, they're pretty much the same.

HabsHockey*

Alright, he will top at 19 goals folks. Probably will become a 15 goal scorer by next year and then if he's lucky he will crack our 5th line in 2016.

You're goin off the deep end on both sides. He's a 50 point player. 20-25 goals is his range. Anything above 25 goals and 55 points is a great season for this kid but it won't be the norm.

Our players barely crack 60 points and the best 1st line players on other teams aren't even making it to 80 points anymore.

habscup*

You're goin off the deep end on both sides. He's a 50 point player. 20-25 goals is his range. Anything above 25 goals and 55 points is a great season for this kid but it won't be the norm.

Our players barely crack 60 points and the best 1st line players on other teams aren't even making it to 80 points anymore.

That's all I'm saying, more towards 25, some years 28, other years 22, a year at 30, thats all. Gritty, quick, fun to watch. Comes to play in the playoffs What more do you want??

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Brian Gionta scored 30 goals has a 33 year old. If you mean to tell me Gallagher doesn't have what Gionta has, I can't help you.

Gallagher has a good shot and he has a tendency to rush to the net, theres no other recipe to scoring goals. Obviously, if hes used solely has a puck retriever and a net disturber for Max Prima and DD dona, he will never produce more than 40, you're right.

With our two best center ? I bet he will.

HabsHockey*

Brian Gionta scored 30 goals has a 33 year old. If you mean to tell me Gallagher doesn't have what Gionta has, I can't help you.

Gallagher has a good shot and he has a tendency to rush to the net, theres no other recipe to scoring goals. Obviously, if hes used solely has a puck retriever and a net disturber for Max Prima and DD dona, he will never produce more than 40, you're right.

With our two best center ? I bet he will.

Look at how many of our players have hit 30 in the past decade. Look across the NHL as well. Kane/Hossa/Toews couldn't even reach 30 this year and Chicago is an offensive powerhouse.

If you think that Gally will be in the 25-30 range while playing with us, you are in for a sad surprise.

Our centers aren't that great BTW

Edit: Hossa actually hit 30. Pretty sure he's more talented than Gally as well.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Look at how many of our players have hit 30 in the past decade. Look across the NHL as well. Kane/Hossa/Toews couldn't even reach 30 this year and Chicago is an offensive powerhouse.

If you think that Gally will be in the 25-30 range while playing with us, you are in for a sad surprise.

Our centers aren't that great BTW

Edit: Hossa actually hit 30. Pretty sure he's more talented than Gally as well.

For sure Hossa has more talent than Gally, but I think that where the problem lies is your evaluation of Gally's talent.

And as I stated in my previous post, Gionta hit 29 3 years ago.

HabsHockey*

For sure Hossa has more talent than Gally, but I think that where the problem lies is your evaluation of Gally's talent.

And as I stated in my previous post, Gionta hit 29 3 years ago.

My talent evaluation of Gally for points is a few posts above.

25 goals/50 points, be happy with that because anything above those numbers will be his career years. Look at our players right now and their stats, it's not like we have a new team out there. Out top 4 point players are 2 D and the guy with most goals has 60 points. Look at the guys in the NHL around MaxPacs goal range. There's a 20 point difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad