What is Gallagher's ceiling?

Mach12

Feb 1, 2010
Just curious what everyone thinks of Gallagher's potential. Can he be a consistent 65-70 point player or will he top out at 50-60 points in his best season?

It seems various posters here hope to put him on the third line next season after signing another RW. Do you still expect him to put up top six numbers from the third line? Is it just a case of hoping to run three lines regularly? Will Parenteau end up being the one on the third line, or is it a case where Gallagher's flexibility allows him to play there versus Parenteau needing good linemates?

I personally think he has a lot of potential and is a future, two-way 65-70 point player. Does he develop into this? Who knows. One potential concern is that, with his style of play, once he peaks, he'll end up breaking down not too long after that.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
We don't run the normal 2 line system. If EGG are our third line more often than not they'll be carrying the offense. Plekanec in reality is usually used in the traditional "third line" role but gets the most minutes.

HabsHockey*

Just curious what everyone thinks of Gallagher's potential. Can he be a consistent 65-70 point player or will he top out at 50-60 points in his best season?

It seems various posters here hope to put him on the third line next season after signing another RW. Do you still expect him to put up top six numbers from the third line? Is it just a case of hoping to run three lines regularly? Will Parenteau end up being the one on the third line, or is it a case where Gallagher's flexibility allows him to play there versus Parenteau needing good linemates?

I personally think he has a lot of potential and is a future, two-way 65-70 point player. Does he develop into this? Who knows. One potential concern is that, with his style of play, once he peaks, he'll end up breaking down not too long after that.

No... especially if he stays with us. Max just had a career year with 39 goals and finished with only 60 points. The guys finishing in that point range are 1st line players now in the current NHL.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I don't see him getting much better honestly. Love the kid, but the reasons for his success are pretty black and white. He'll have years in which he'll score more than others, but I don't think we can label him as becoming a "perennial 25 goal scorer" if he reaches that mark.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I don't see him getting much better honestly. Love the kid, but the reasons for his success are pretty black and white. He'll have years in which he'll score more than others, but I don't think we can label him as becoming a "perennial 25 goal scorer" if he reaches that mark.

This. I also think his ceiling is very close to what we see now.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I think he's there now. He wasn't any better this year than last. His style of play will give him as many points as bounces go his way.

HabsHockey*

This. I also think his ceiling is very close to what we see now.

I think this might be his ceiling actually. Good to have him around until his body goes bad because of the style he plays.

Joannie9

Aug 10, 2009
The reason why he has success right now is because he works really hard, not because he has a lot of skills. With age, he will get tired and I really don't see him crack 60 points...

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
One thing is for sure, he won't have a long career the way he's playing. Let's enjoy it while it lasts.

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
Best year: 34 goals, 26 assists = 60 points.

Regular year : 27 goals, 23 assists = 50 points.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He's severly underrated even by Habs fans. The guy has a beauty of a shot and he's probably the most elusive skater after Sid. This kid will go far.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Interesting question, as unlike most NHL players, he doesn't rely on his quick release but wants to head to the net and get a garbage goal. When he broke into the league I thought he had a great shot...can't remember the last time I saw it

HabsHockey*

He's severly underrated even by Habs fans. The guy has a beauty of a shot and he's probably the most elusive skater after Sid. This kid will go far.

He's a 45-50 point player... 60 points on a good season. Where do you rate him points wise?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Interesting question, as unlike most NHL players, he doesn't rely on his quick release but wants to head to the net and get a garbage goal. When he broke into the league I thought he had a great shot...can't remember the last time I saw it
He has a great shot. Not heavy but quick and precise.

He's a 45-50 point player... 60 points on a good season. Where do you rate him points wise?

The guy is a 45 points forward NOW. Hes not even 22. Let the kid grow. He's going to bring top 6 production for all his career for sure.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I see him as a 30 goal, 30 assist type guy in his prime. A real heart and soul type player.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I see him being a perennial 25-30 goal scorer but can't see him getting a ton of assists, he isn't a great passer and takes a lot of low percentage shots instead of passing.

HabsHockey*

He has a great shot. Not heavy but quick and precise.

The guy is a 45 points forward NOW. Hes not even 22. Let the kid grow. He's going to bring top 6 production for all his career for sure.

Don't think that'll happen :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad