What is/are your favorite #2 team(s)?

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Kind of got into this in the Around the NHL thread a few nights ago.

I like Minnesota out West, but there is no emotional attachment so if they won a cup it's not like I'd be flying a flag, wearing the shirt/hat and talking them up every chance I got.

If you root for a bunch of teams or switch teams, how is a championship even exciting?

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
If you root for a bunch of teams or switch teams, how is a championship even exciting?
I get where you're going with this but believe me, there's a difference between being a fan & just rooting for some other team to kick the crap outta some team you dislike and/or is you team's way.

A couple of ex.: Bolts pulverise Habs throughout the season makes me happy because i like the Bolts & hate the Habs. Avs beat Rangers is awesome because not only do i like the Bolts but they beat a team that i dislike AND that just so happen to be in our way. Etc.

Now if the Bolts would have won the SC i would have been happy but not nearly as much if the injury plagued Pens would have somehow managed to beat the Rags.

Finesse

nostromo
Dec 9, 2013
I live in LA. So, Kings.

Just out of curiosity, are there any teams outside the usual (Flyers, Bruins, Rangers) that anyone on this board hates?

Wouldn't say I hate them, but I'm extremely jealous of the Hawks

Can't stand Chicago or Washington. Don't like Montreal.

Callista Rhian

Dec 27, 2014
Land of Ice & Snow
I usually don't like/root for teams, I like/root for certain players. Although I love Despres so much that I'm a Ducks fan.

Same. I cheer for the Caps because I love Ovi and Backstrom and like the roomie line; plus they have Orpik and Niskanen now. I love the Stars for their potential, and because two of the biggest bros in hockey have managed to bro their way into my heart.

I'll always cheer for Vancouver b/c hometown homerism, and other than my top three faves I tend to root for Canadian teams.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's not that I love these other teams, I am a Pens fan first and foremost. The Wild and Flames are just 2 teams I will watch if they are playing, otherwise, I really don't care unless it's the Pens.

ozpensfan

Nov 19, 2013
Western Australia
pens fan first and foremost, but id get caught up watching St Louis play when pittsburgh had a night off - Very fun team to watch with Backes Tarasenko Oshie and Schwartz...

Honerable mention of teams im happy to see do well is Buffalo And Nashville.

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
Favourite team: Penguins
#2: Predators
Exciting teams: Lightning, Blues
I like (mostly sympathy): Panthers, Blue Jackets
Okay: Stars, Wild, Blackhawks, Jets, Flames, Avalanche, Ducks
Meh: Sharks, Islanders, Sabres,
Don't really care: Senators, Hurricanes, Red Wings, Devils, Coyotes, Canadiens, Oilers
Don't like: Maple Leafs, Rangers, Kings, Capitals, Canucks
Hate: Flyers, Bruins

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
Anyone playing the Flyers and Bruins that day/night. Hate is a much easier emotion to nurture, yes? But seriously, come October, I pretty much like all the teams because I miss watching hockey.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I liked the Avs when Sakic played.

I follow the Sabres a little more closely than I do other teams since I have family in the upstate NY area.

dannyj10

Jun 30, 2010
Fort Campbell,KY
Avs,Sharks and Preds are teams i enjoy watching when the Pens aren't on. MacK and Duchene are fun to watch with their speed. Sharks because of Burns and Couture would kill for them to be in Pitt. Preds because i was stationed in ky and they gave us free preds tickets a couple times. Great fan base and plus Neal.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Hoyster, that's quite the precision there, holy possessed cow! :laugh:

Danny, i sorta like the Preds but not for Neal, rather for Weber.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
I lived in the Tampa area for 8 yrs. Got to follow the Bolts a lot and a co worker was one of the assistant equipment managers part time. He got to choose between his name on the cup or a ring. He chose the ring. I'll always have fond memories of that organization.

Always liked Anaheim but now since they have Fat boy and the kid from White Hall I tend to follow them even more.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
ITT: A bunch o fair-weathers! :sarcasm:

I guess my 2nd fave team would be either Philly, the Caps, Bruins, Isles, or the Wings.:baghead:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad