What is/are your favorite #2 team(s)?

LucSZ

Aug 10, 2014
I don't have a second favorite, the secondary teams I take interest in changes year by year. This season I enjoyed watching the Flames, last season it was the Stars, etc. Depending on how this summer goes, next season it'll probably be the Leafs or Oilers, or maybe Sabres.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I lived in the SF Bay Area for 7 years, and it was during that time that I started to really get into hockey. As a result, my #2 team is the Sharks.
Well, at least my #1 team has actually won the Stanley Cup a few times, even if it's been really frustrating the past few years... this perspective may well be why I'm one of the bigger optimists on these boards with regards to the Pens! :laugh:

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
I love hockey culture in general, though. So by default, I love all teams.
Skatelaces watching a game:
Random team A scores - "yay that was nice"
Random team B scores - "yay that was nice"
;)

I prefer rivalries to spice it up but hey, whatever floats your boat sir.

Mike Lange Version 2

Jun 8, 2015
Houston, TX
I like to root for former pens (Neal, Despres :shakehead ), but in general, having ties to LA makes me a Kings fan 2nd. Don't mind Anaheim/Nashville/Toronto/Vancouver.

Last edited:

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
The Arizona Dirt Dogs. I've always had a huge amount of respect for Shane Doan.

...even though his Letang hit kinda screwed us.

I live in Phoenix so I follow the "Yotes". It is a sad state of affairs up there in Glendale though. Believe it or not I think this city can support a hockey team, but not while the team plays way up there. Imagine living in the south hills of Pittsburgh, and having to drive to Slippery Rock for pens games, and you have to take 279 through downtown during rush hour to get there. That is what we are dealing with here. The arena is too far away, surrounded by farmland, and you have to cut through all the rush hour traffic to get to it. Really hard to go to a game on a Tuesday night dealing with that. Put the arena Downtown, Scottsdale, Tempe or Chandler and they would be profitable.

Beyond them, I like underdogs that might someday have a chance, so I've been following Buffalo's rebuild, CBJ, Tampa (hockey can work in a hot climate!).

Mike Lange Version 2

Jun 8, 2015
Houston, TX
Just out of curiosity, are there any teams outside the usual (Flyers, Bruins, Rangers) that anyone on this board hates?

Wouldn't say I hate them, but I'm extremely jealous of the Hawks

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I usually don't like/root for teams, I like/root for certain players. Although I love Despres so much that I'm a Ducks fan.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Just out of curiosity, are there any teams outside the usual (Flyers, Bruins, Rangers) that anyone on this board hates?

I loves me some Calgary Flames. Theo Fleury was awesome in NHL 95. They're a lot of fun to watch play nowadays too.

I used to like Vancouver when they had the old black Uni's and played in that cup against the Rags. But I've turned on them since for reasons unknown to me.

Anaheim is probably #3 now.

Ocoee

Sep 1, 2010
Denver
Mine is definitely Tampa. Having lived in Orlando for over 10 years now I get their broadcasts and I'm a fan of them for sure after the Pens.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Edmonton and Toronto. Yeah I know.

I also wish Ottawa, Calgary and Winnipeg well as they're Canadian teams, but don't really follow them at all.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It used to be Chicago, for all the hate I give them now...likely not the case anymore. I really like the Wild and have kept tabs on them since they entered the league, I also casually check in on the Flames.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
It's the Penguins or nothing, honestly.

I like certain players, league-wide and have a certain level of respect for some teams, their management, coaches, etc. But by and large any team without a Pens logo on their chest can go **** themselves.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Minnesota. Huge fan.

1) Best hockey market in the states.

2) Lots of Finns

3) Fletch + Yeo

After that I actually like Buffalo a bit.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009

Pretty much ever non-Penguin team in the East outside of Carolina (don't care enough), Tampa (also don't care enough), and Buffalo. Specifically (outside of the division) hate Detroit. Come to think of it, I'm actually starting to hate the Penguins, too.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
the Penguins started off as my 2nd team and has morphed into my 1st... which makes the habs my new 2nd team?

actually the older i get the more i root for players and not teams.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon

Honestly, I don't even hate the Flyers, Bruins or Rangers. I cheer against the Rangers because a good friend of mine likes them... but I don't hate them. I cheer against Calgary for the most part for the same reason.

I truly hate Montreal and Vancouver. And have a strong dislike for Chicago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad