What is/are your favorite #2 team(s)?

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
After the Penguins I really don't care.

I'm from Halifax so I like to follow former Mooseheads. Drouin is my favorite Moosehead of all-time so naturally I followed the Bolts more this year and were rooting for them pretty hard. Watched Kucherov play in the Q as well and knew he was flying under the radar. Was fun watching him dominate until he got hurt.

Riggs

Apr 6, 2004
Pittsburgh
The Kings.

When I had Center Ice, they seemed to always be on right after the Pens played. I liked Kopitar and they were not very good (before they started to win cups) and were not a threat to the Pens.

As a bonus, Bob Miller and Jim Fox (IMHO) are the best announcing pair in the business... made their games even more enjoyable after watching the Pens on mute.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
It was the Avs, but I've lost interest now that I have less time to watch games. Duckpres 4 lyf.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Blues and Flames... Its a time zone thing.

Always a Pens fan first and Joey Mullen was always a pleasure to watch play.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Idk Pittsburgh and Vancouver. Hard to pick. I guess Pittsburgh right now cuz they traded away Kesler and Luongo my 2 favourite players on that team.

So 1a is the Burgh
And 1b is the Nucks

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Chicago (because I live over by der –Bill Wirtz and ESPN are teh original reasons I started watching the Pens, part of his enduring legacy to Chicago hockey fans), and out of principle I want the Jets to do well though I'm not a "fan" per se.

I could be forced into becoming one however, if JR & his band of 42 assistants continue to **** the bed. They already made me give up my Center Ice subscription last fall. I value my money and time too much to piss it away on owners and a team that's satisfied with "very popular among the 18-24 demographic."

So they can either put a real team together / make a real effort at competing or they can get the **** off my lawn. I may have to park a jet on it.

Last edited:

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
It's honestly tough for me to settle on a #2.

I don't really get to watch anything where I live but Pens and Flyers games, and I briefly tried to have the Orange Team as a #2, but man, it just doesn't work.

And of course, where I live, there are fairweather Caps fans crawling all about, and they all used to be fairweather Avs fans, because they like whoever Hershey is affiliated with.

If I was going to pick a Western Conference team, it would either be Anaheim or Nashville, mostly based on nothing more but gut feeling. But then, I don't really get to watch either team enough to give a proper judgment.

FanaticalFan

Jun 14, 2002
Visit site
I don't have a fixed #2 it is more like who is playing against the rival i hate the most at this time. normally anyone playing the flyers but some years it gets tricky. When the rangers were sucking ass I rooted for them and with the islanders were bad i had a soft spot for them but since they became good i root for whoever they are playing against. (never had a soft spot for the flyers)

londonHK

Feb 27, 2014
I support the Pens and the Hawks almost equally, but I favour the Hawks just a tiny bit more, so I guess the Hawks are my #1A and the Pens are my #1B. :baghead:

Living in Toronto, I support the Leafs when they're not playing the Hawk or the Pens, or when them winning won't hurt my two other teams in some way.

Aside from those teams, who I follow religiously all season, I respect and like Tampa and Detroit in a very casual way because of respect for Yzerman/Stamkos and Datsyuk/(formerly) Babcock, but I don't celebrate their wins - I'm happy for them and their fans, but I feel nothing personally if they do well.

Then there are about 10 teams that I feel neutral towards, another 10 that I have some dislike for or just dislike in principle for rivalry reasons, and then finally I absolutely hate the Kings, Rangers, Bruins, Flyers and Blues.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
My personal hell is that my favorite color scheme is orange and black. Yrs ago I owned a CBR 600 "Halloween" edition (orange with black wings and tail) and absolutely loved it. Orange has always been my favorite color and of course it happens to be predominate with the one team I despise more than even the Ravens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad