What if the Kraken traded for Marner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Don't we have the option to take Tarasenko for free (or at the expense of not taking a different Blues player)?

Tarasenko at 3/4 of Marner's salary is preferred to me.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Don't let the Leaf fans and pundits scam you . all this talk about Marner's playoff record is them deflecting attention away from the fact the so called "GOAT" , Generational Superstar Mathews hasn't done Jack in the playoffs either. Every coach in the league will tell you that no matter who else in the game Mitch Marner is always the smartest guy on the ice , he isn't going anywhere .

How about todays news that Price waived his NMC and the Habs left him off the protected list ?
Shows how much you know. we are well aware of Matthews not showing up
you see we have 3 players at or close to 11M
Tavares - Full NTC: so basically he's going no where
so it comes down to Matthews or Marner.... Who would you prefer to move if you had to?
and no we will not just give him away for nothing.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
LOL what a f***ing loser with 0 hockey knowledge or eyesight apparently. You are everything wrong with this fanbase. You are an embarrassment to this city.

the dumbass has a pic of Keith Ahlie being beat wide in his avatar like Aulie was some defensive star… the guy was a #7 D.

bro is literally a loser LOL.
Actually the pic in the avatar is half of a 2 frame gif we used to use on HF for our avatars , the second shows him dropping the same Flyer {Hartnell } like a bad habit , the meme lines were "Floats like a butterfly" , "Puts blood in your pee" and for all the experts here career playoffs Marner 5-20 for 25 points , Mathews 11-13 for 24 points . Another Mathews fanboy gobbler heard from now back to the Kraken .
Now that Montreal is trying to paint Price as damaged goods it might actually make more sense to take him , if his knee needs surgery then he's LTIR with an insured contract he costs nothing , you sell 10 million in Price jerseys in Quebec alone win, win , win . You can then nurse him back slowly and if your looking good for the playoffs come trade deadline time you bring him back for a run , if not you can sell him high to a contender and maybe get into a protected player or two that way .

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Shows how much you know. we are well aware of Matthews not showing up
you see we have 3 players at or close to 11M
Tavares - Full NTC: so basically he's going no where
so it comes down to Matthews or Marner.... Who would you prefer to move if you had to?
and no we will not just give him away for nothing.

Pull your head out of the sand and look around nobody is taking on any 11 million dollar players in a flat cap unless theres an LTIR play to be made , the only one of the three we , yes I said we because I've been a Leaf fan since before they won there last cup , is Mathews and then only to Arizona because he would financially be the face that might save the franchise from a marketing standpoint so we could publicly extort a favourable deal from them .

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Don't we have the option to take Tarasenko for free (or at the expense of not taking a different Blues player)?

Tarasenko at 3/4 of Marner's salary is preferred to me.
Problem is he looks to be heading into his third shoulder surgery and that will most likely take away the part of his game that has made him so effective . Better to take Price and force him to get the surgery Montreal is saying he probably needs , at least you can stretch his LTIR until he can be sold for better players than what are available in the expansion draft .

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Pull your head out of the sand and look around nobody is taking on any 11 million dollar players in a flat cap unless theres an LTIR play to be made , the only one of the three we , yes I said we because I've been a Leaf fan since before they won there last cup , is Mathews and then only to Arizona because he would financially be the face that might save the franchise from a marketing standpoint so we could publicly extort a favourable deal from them .
So you seriously think if Leafs exposed Marner he WOULDN'T get selected?
are you kidding me? he would be perfect for Seattle. getting a 24 year old elite playmaker.
They could easily make his cap work.
I'm disappointed in him still too but use your head man.

And Why would Matthews wanna go to Arizona?
Through all the years leafs were shit, all the home town boys avoided us because we were a shit team.
So why would Matthews wanna go to a team like Arizona?
I know it's possible we lose Matthews in FA but I seriously doubt his choice will be Arizona just because he's from there.

Also What could we extort from Arizona for Matthews?
If we looked to move Matthews I would think other teams could offer more than Arizona LOL

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Actually the pic in the avatar is half of a 2 frame gif we used to use on HF for our avatars , the second shows him dropping the same Flyer {Hartnell } like a bad habit , the meme lines were "Floats like a butterfly" , "Puts blood in your pee" and for all the experts here career playoffs Marner 5-20 for 25 points , Mathews 11-13 for 24 points . Another Mathews fanboy gobbler heard from now back to the Kraken .
Now that Montreal is trying to paint Price as damaged goods it might actually make more sense to take him , if his knee needs surgery then he's LTIR with an insured contract he costs nothing , you sell 10 million in Price jerseys in Quebec alone win, win , win . You can then nurse him back slowly and if your looking good for the playoffs come trade deadline time you bring him back for a run , if not you can sell him high to a contender and maybe get into a protected player or two that way .
Do you even listen to your self when you speak?

Again this is a Matthews or Marner situation and everyone would prefer Matthews over Marner.
Marner with 25 points and Matthews with 24 points... so basically they have preformed almost the same point wise.

So majority of people who prefer to keep Matthews over Marner are just fanboys?
Do you think it could have anything to do with Matthews being better than Marner?

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Given that almost none of what you said is true, I can assume you are talking about yourself and enjoy losing. Fans like you are the problem.This a Kraken board , get a life.
From the guy that is now a Kraken fan pretty much what he said is true. Shouldn't you be over jerking off your new home team? OH Yeah it's still not your home team.
You're nothing but a bandwagon jumper u will be back
It's okay to be mad at your team but to go on like you are is just pitiful

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
So you seriously think if Leafs exposed Marner he WOULDN'T get selected?
are you kidding me? he would be perfect for Seattle. getting a 24 year old elite playmaker.
They could easily make his cap work.
I'm disappointed in him still too but use your head man.

And Why would Matthews wanna go to Arizona?
Through all the years leafs were shit, all the home town boys avoided us because we were a shit team.
So why would Matthews wanna go to a team like Arizona?
I know it's possible we lose Matthews in FA but I seriously doubt his choice will be Arizona just because he's from there.

Also What could we extort from Arizona for Matthews?
If we looked to move Matthews I would think other teams could offer more than Arizona LOL

Use your head man they can only absorb one 11 million dollar deal , Carey Price is from the pacific northwest his mom is the chief of his band , his wife is from Washington state , Francis said his most valuable asset is cap space there is no chance he selects Marner over Price , the Price fans in Quebec will all blame Bergeron and buy 10 million worth of Price -Kraken jerseys the first week , he will be their Fleury , Mitch doesn't have any of that going for him .
As for Mathews well he's not into his NMC year he doesn't have a choice where we trade him , Arizona is home for him but so is Cali , He just built a huge house in Arizona and you don't think he wants to go there ? use your head man he's going there when this contract is up .

What would I extort from them ? Chychrun @4.6 , Dvorak @4.45 , + one of Crouse. Fischer , Garland + 1st rounder . The cap hit stays the same we get solid young talent at both ends and the Yotes get the face of the franchise Captain they need going forward , OEL is as good as gone , Phat Kessel is in his last year they really need a new poster boy bad and hometown Mathews would do that for them .

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
What is pitiful is this discussion and that you are still having it with yourself. Leaf fan since 76 live near Seattle. I like the Kraken and won't support your pathetic management team nor your love of losing.

From the guy that is now a Kraken fan pretty much what he said is true. Shouldn't you be over jerking off your new home team? OH Yeah it's still not your home team.
You're nothing but a bandwagon jumper u will be back
It's okay to be mad at your team but to go on like you are is just pitiful

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
What is pitiful is this discussion and that you are still having it with yourself. Leaf fan since 76 live near Seattle. I like the Kraken and won't support your pathetic management team nor your love of losing.
Alot of fans are mad at the team and still mad at them but we aren't flocking to a new team like you are.
So that's you're excuse eh? switching teams because you live close to them?
So in other words your a band wagon jumper.
I guess we will see you again once the Leafs start to do well again.
Well, So long fella

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Alot of fans are mad at the team and still mad at them but we aren't flocking to a new team like you are.
So that's you're excuse eh? switching teams because you live close to them?
So in other words your a band wagon jumper.
I guess we will see you again once the Leafs start to do well again.
Well, So long fella
You do realize this is a Kracken board, so you will see me here. Leafs won't even make the playoffs.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
You do realize this is a Kracken board, so you will see me here. Leafs won't even make the playoffs.
Yeah I realize it's in the Seattle section although it should prob be in the Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk section
That's fine, you were never a real fan anyways.
I wish Seattle all the luck in the world and I hope they kill it this draft but I'm not going to abandon my home team because I'm upset.
You will be back.
That's what bandwagon jumpers do

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Yeah I realize it's in the Seattle section although it should prob be in the Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk section
I wish Seattle all the luck in the world and I hope they kill it this draft but I'm not going to abandon my home team because I'm upset.
You will be back.
I don't support this management team.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
You will be back.

The Seattle forum is primarily for fans of the Seattle franchise, not disgruntled Toronto fans looking for places to stir things up.

I'm closing this. We welcome fans of other teams here, but this isn't a place to complain about the Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna