Line Combos: What happens when Lars comes back?

Nynja*

Why are you writing that ? Tou know well it's not true.

Ice time by Habs centres tonight:
Desharnais 18:03 <- 3rd line Quebecois
Plekanec 17:16
Malhotra 14:22
Galchenyuk 14:05 <- 1st line, scores hat trick

Its pretty obvious Desharnais comes first.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site

Ice time depends on a lot of things, like matchup. You guys will never be happy but as long as the Canadiens win, I don't mind!

Ineverplayedthegame

Sep 25, 2013
Pacioretty – Galchenyuk – Gallagher
Plekanec – Eller – Sekac
Andrighetto – Desharnais – Parenteau
Bournival – Malhotra – Prust

That's my lineup too. :nod:

I wouldn't be against getting another top 9 winger and sitting Manny too (Grabner!!!) but that looks fine.
Why is plekanec on the wing???

Faceoffs seems oblivious but personnally I'll say it would a good way to make him more efficient for a longer period, Marleau was a good example of that. Plekanec's 32 and he's not much of a possession driver anymore.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Eller/Desharnais-Plekanec-Sekac
Bournival-Eller/Desharnais-Parenteau
Prust-Malhotra-Weise
Tangradi

Depends of the matchup, but I would rotate Desharnais and Eller in the game

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

What about when DD had 2 points and Galchenyuk had zero but more ice time?

No one brought it up.

It goes both ways. In general, Galchenyuk plays almost as much as DD on ES and PP and DD was in a go to role originally.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Desharnais - Plekanec - Sekac
Prust - Eller - Parenteau
Bournival - Malhotra - Weise

If Gionta or Andrighetto worked ot with Plekanec....why would DD be any worst?
Will get PP time, 4-on-4, no defensive missions, 2 shooters.....

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Charles Hudon is next call up, imo.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher/Parenteau (offensive line)
DD/Eller - Eller/DD - Parenteau/Gallagher (offensive line)
Bournival - Plekanec - Sekac (two-way checking line)
Prust - Malhotra - Weise

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
I recall Habs teams in the past resting veteran centers at Xmas or the halfway point of the season, ensuring the veterans would be fresh for the playoff runs. This would be a good idea again, now that the team has the depth at center, rest Plekanec for a couple of games, Malhotra and then DD. Eller's just coming back from injury, it would be a good time to give him lots of icetime, to regain his timing. Most playoff teams still use this practise, under the guise of injuries to give star players a break. So they can be healthy for the playoffs, that's if they can maintain their playoff position with a good points lead.:nod:

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
What about when DD had 2 points and Galchenyuk had zero but more ice time?

No one brought it up.

It goes both ways. In general, Galchenyuk plays almost as much as DD on ES and PP and DD was in a go to role originally.

While I'm not overly concerned with the ice time from last game because there are reasons for it and they aren't troubling. The reason people don't bring up Galchenyuk having more ice time than Desharnais no matter how many points is because Chuck is the #1C.

For example, would anyone bat an eye if Palmieri in Anaheim had 3 points but less ice time than Getzlaf? Or if Sutter banged in 2 goals but played less than Crosby? It's far more noticeable when a 3rd line centre is getting more ice time than the top guy, especially when it comes to Therrien because a lot believe he goes out of his way to play favourites. Whether this is true or not doesn't matter because it will always be mentioned.

Nynja*

Ice time depends on a lot of things, like matchup. You guys will never be happy but as long as the Canadiens win, I don't mind!

So what you're saying, is against the worst team in the league, DD is worthy of #1C ice time despite being on the 3rd line?

It damn well cant be line matching, because:
Code:
Jeff Skinner	L	7:45
Andrej Sekera	D	7:15
Justin Faulk	D	7:11
Ron Hainsey	D	6:47
Jay Harrison	D	6:05
Victor Rask	C	5:38
Nathan Gerbe	L	4:47
Elias Lindholm	C	4:46
Tim Gleason	D	4:31
Michal Jordan	D	4:17
Riley Nash	C	4:10
Eric Staal		C	4:04
Patrick Dwyer	R	3:52
Jay McCleme	C	3:50
Chris Terry	L	3:37
Zach Boychuk	L	2:10
Justin Shugg	R	2:08
Brad Malone	C	1:53

Last edited by a moderator:

Bourdon101

Jul 21, 2012
What is going to be funny is people comparing what DD did on the third to what Eller did to justify DD keeping his spot. I'm sorry but so far, DD has had arguably top 6 minutes, and probably first line against the Hurricanes. Eller never had that. DD is taking the minutes that should go to the first line.

Windymind

Aug 2, 2010
What is going to be funny is people comparing what DD did on the third to what Eller did to justify DD keeping his spot. I'm sorry but so far, DD has had arguably top 6 minutes, and probably first line against the Hurricanes. Eller never had that. DD is taking the minutes that should go to the first line.

It's hard to imagine DD somewhere else than center. This should prevail until one of Eller or DD be traded:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Eller - Plekanec - Sekac
Prust - Desharnais - Parenteau
Bournival - Malhotra - Weise

Eller can play wing for a while... if he doesn't get upset about it.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Imagine there's no DD. It's easy if you try.

We're supposed to imagine no DD, which I guess means we are supposed to WANT no DD. He has 4 points in the last 5 games, and is an established NHLer. Oh, but he is small and weak, so therefore must be useless.

On the other hand, we are supposed to imagine that callup 21 year old Sven Andrighetto, who was scratched for a game in the AHL last month for being inconsistent and not committed enough defensively, is a second line player for the Habs because he got 4 points in 4 games. Oh, and he is small and fairly weak too.

What a difference one game with no points makes.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Max went to the hospital....i suspect he will be out at least a week.
This thread just took a whole new meaning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad