Line Combos: What happens when Lars comes back?

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I wouldn't be surprised if Desharnais excels in the role of winger on an offensive line and 3rd line center when there's an injury to one of our top 3 centers.

Even at the wing, he'll have to beat out the young guys coming up (Andrighetto, Hudon, and the next wave) to keep his job.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I wouldn't be surprised if Desharnais excels in the role of winger on an offensive line and 3rd line center when there's an injury to one of our top 3 centers.

Even at the wing, he'll have to beat out the young guys coming up (Andrighetto, Hudon, and the next wave) to keep his job.

PAP isn't exactly a long term solution at wing either. We also play some guys in top 6 that don't belong. As such I'd imagine DD's potential versatility and contract length may keep him around a little longer but if they begin to surpass PAP and himself, there will be changes.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
PAP isn't exactly a long term solution at wing either. We also play some guys in top 6 that don't belong. As such I'd imagine DD's potential versatility and contract length may keep him around a little longer but if they begin to surpass PAP and himself, there will be changes.

But even we can't have that many small guys in the top 9. With Gallagher and Plekanec already being small guys in the top 9, if Hudon and Andrighetto rise above Desharnais on the totem pole, I don't know that it would be good to have 5 of our top 9 forwards be small. So that's why I think he's in competition with them as well ultimately.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
But even we can't have that many small guys in the top 9. With Gallagher and Plekanec already being small guys in the top 9, if Hudon and Andrighetto rise above Desharnais on the totem pole, I don't know that it would be good to have 5 of our top 9 forwards be small. So that's why I think he's in competition with them as well ultimately.

Of course, if said players are better than DD, PAP and others I see no reason not to give them the edge. Regardless of size, it just makes sense.

I do have to nitpick about Plekanec being 'small'. Plekanec is listed at 5'11 196lbs. Crosby is 5'11 200lbs. Datsyuk is 5'11 198lbs. Zetterberg is 5'11 197lbs. Duchene is 5'11 200lbs. All of which have played center and never been called 'small'. Plekanec is a fair size for the center position IMO.

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
DD - Eller - Parenteau: Not sure what to think about this line yet on one hand Eller gets some good offensive wingers, but at the same time his wingers are softer then a guy after 25 beers.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Of course, if said players are better than DD, PAP and others I see no reason not to give them the edge. Regardless of size, it just makes sense.

I do have to nitpick about Plekanec being 'small'. Plekanec is listed at 5'11 196lbs. Crosby is 5'11 200lbs. Datsyuk is 5'11 198lbs. Zetterberg is 5'11 197lbs. Duchene is 5'11 200lbs. All of which have played center and never been called 'small'. Plekanec is a fair size for the center position IMO.

I'd consider every player on that list small except for Crosby. Crosby is so well built that he's not small.

I'd consider players like Tyler Ennis, Gionta, and Desharnais very small. Gallagher plays above his very small height because he is very well built. But although he's not in the very small category, he's small.

Windymind

Aug 2, 2010
I'd consider every player on that list small except for Crosby. Crosby is so well built that he's not small.

I'd consider players like Tyler Ennis, Gionta, and Desharnais very small. Gallagher plays above his very small height because he is very well built. But although he's not in the very small category, he's small.

With tonight's line up, there is one small guy on each of the top 3 lines:
Pacioretty/Bournival-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Andrighetto-Plekanec-Sekac
Desharnais-Eller-Parenteau
Prust-Malholtra-Weise

Lions999

Jun 28, 2011
DD - Eller - Parenteau: Not sure what to think about this line yet on one hand Eller gets some good offensive wingers, but at the same time his wingers are softer then a guy after 25 beers.

I would Put Sekac instead of PAP
DD Eller Sekac they can be another solid scoring line...
Triple P line
Prust Pleks PaP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad